The best topic

Replies: 10388
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 04:30:51 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Aryan

The Evil That Is Islam

Started by Gary Oak, April 03, 2014, 03:41:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

cc

Actually, I consider the "born again" stuff totally uncaring and immoral. I'll take the "old biblical way of judging a person based on their overall deeds" .. or at least  my understanding of it

Ethics  and overall morality for me is primo ...  "convenience" is not

You see Fash, killers cannot un-kill nor can they un-hurt families

I would not want to reside with a god that kept company with torturers and killers who have permanently and deliberately hurt people
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Obvious Li

Quote from: "cc li tarte"Not an answer. Am I saved? ... even though "I  can't un-torture or un-kill nor save their ruined families who suffer every single moment of every single day because of my deliberate actions?

That's not the old biblical way of judging a person based on their overall deeds ... That's the new in vogue "born again" thing

That's too easy ... and horribly unfair frankly and immoral .. or ammoral at best .... I'll settle for being judged the "old fashion way" before "born again" became in vogue ... I'll take "the old biblical way of judging a person based on their overall deeds ". I don't expect a bailout on my slaughter of others by suddenly  and conveniently "seeing the light"

yes CC..if you are truly repentant, according to the bible you are saved.....but that is an over simplification of the whole biblical concept of saved and salvation.....

RW

Fash, I can appreciate verses but I find people like the condensed version from your point of view.  When you are asked a question in conversation, you generally tend not to pull out your bible and start reciting.  I would consider doing the same here unless a verse is required.

My question, for example, was if you support killing adulterers which is written in the OT.  Quoting me verses didnt answer my questions about YOUR beliefs.  It merely answers the question of "what does the bible say" and that's not what was asked.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc li tarte"Actually, I consider the "born again" stuff totally uncaring and immoral. I'll take the "old biblical way of judging a person based on their overall deeds" .. or at least  my understanding of it

I would not want to reside with a god that kept company with torturers and killers

Rom. 11:6, "But if it is by grace, it is no longer on the basis of works, otherwise grace is no longer grace."

RW

Quote from: "cc li tarte"Actually, I consider the "born again" stuff totally uncaring and immoral. I'll take the "old biblical way of judging a person based on their overall deeds" .. or at least  my understanding of it

I would not want to reside with a god that kept company with torturers and killers

Then that is to say no wrong can ever be righted.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "Real Woman"Fash, I can appreciate verses but I find people like the condensed version from your point of view.  When you are asked a question in conversation, you generally tend not to pull out your bible and start reciting.  I would consider doing the same here unless a verse is required.

My question, for example, was if you support killing adulterers which is written in the OT.  Quoting me verses didnt answer my questions about YOUR beliefs.  It merely answers the question of "what does the bible say" and that's not what was asked.

No, as a Christian I do not support killing adulterers.

Obvious Li

Quote from: "Real Woman"Fash, I can appreciate verses but I find people like the condensed version from your point of view.  When you are asked a question in conversation, you generally tend not to pull out your bible and start reciting.  I would consider doing the same here unless a verse is required.

both old and new testament teachings support the killing of adulterers, however a couple of things come into play here...first the concept of repentance and forgiveness and secondly the difference in how humans view their earthly existence from how God does...totally different concept.

cc

Quote from: "Real Woman"

That's what I'm saying actually. The wrong committed upon the person murdered cannot be righted  nor can the  wrong done to the families  ever be righted

Quoteboth old and new testament teachings support the killing of adulterers,
Does the new one actually say that? I doubt JC himself said ANYTHING like that ... but Wow!! I had no idea such crap existed in the new one.

So, looks to me like one must be a "cafeteria" follower ... pick what one likes and leave behind what one does not like .... like the convenient "being saved" *rolleyes* no matter what one does. Damn!!

That selfish convenient concept alone makes me ill ... and very very angry!!

Anonymous

Quote from: "Obvious Li"

both old and new testament teachings support the killing of adulterers, however a couple of things come into play here...first the concept of repentance and forgiveness and secondly the difference in how humans view their earthly existence from how God does...totally different concept.

There are several instances in the gospels about the things that constitute adultery.

Obvious Li

Quote from: "cc li tarte"

That's what I'm saying actually. The wrong committed upon the person murdered cannot be righted  nor can the  wrong done to the families  ever be righted

Does the new one actually say that? Wow!!

it does not actually say that "adulterers shall be put to death" however you can follow a path of NT scriptures that will get you there.....not to quote scriptures directly but

1.adultery is one of a number of sins listed as "abominations" which are deserving of the death penalty...some others being homosexuality, drunkedness etc etc.....

2.the NT also teaches that if you are guilty of one sin then you are guilty of all sins therefore by inference if you are guilty of adultery you are equally guilty of murder, lying stealing etc etc.

3. the NT also teaches that God commands us to follow whatever the government tell us to do so therefore extrapolating from #2 if the govt. says there is a death penalty for murder then we must accept this and again extrapolating from #2 that would mean the death penalty for all other sins including adultery...

however remember all you have to do is repent (or pay cash) and you can start over, at least that is what the catholics believe

cc

a "convenience" store, eh?

Well, I'm still banking on the old way based on a person's overall humanity

Anonymous

Quote from: "Obvious Li"
Quote from: "cc li tarte"

Does the new one actually say that? Wow!!

it does not actually say that "adulterers shall be put to death" however you can follow a path of NT scriptures that will get you there.....not to quote scriptures directly but

1.adultery is one of a number of sins listed as "abominations" which are deserving of the death penalty...some others being homosexuality, drunkedness etc etc.....

2.the NT also teaches that if you are guilty of one sin then you are guilty of all sins therefore by inference if you are guilty of adultery you are equally guilty of murder, lying stealing etc etc.

3. the NT also teaches that God commands us to follow whatever the government tell us to do so therefore extrapolating from #2 if the govt. says there is a death penalty for murder then we must accept this and again extrapolating from #2 that would mean the death penalty for all other sins including adultery...

however remember all you have to do is repent (or pay cash) and you can start over, at least that is what the catholics believe

1 Corinthians 6:9

8 On the contrary, you yourselves wrong and defraud. You do this even to your brethren. 9 Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals, 10 nor thieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers, will inherit the kingdom of God....

Obvious Li

of course i am being more than a little facetious.....i do this to point out the following.....

1. it is impossible for a believer and a non believer to have the same understanding of what the bible teaches.

2. it is impossible to rationally discuss the bible with someone who has not read it and studied it thoroughly...it is simply not possible

3. until you understand the difference between the spiritual life and the human life as pertains to a relationship with God non of it means anything

so the unbeliever suffers none of the constraints a believer feels regarding certain moral issues...on the other hand a true believer is obligated by their belief to hold and act on certain views

Obvious Li

Quote from: "cc li tarte"a "convenience" store, eh?

Well, I'm still banking on the old way based on a person's overall humanity

sorry CC.....that's not on.........being a good person of itself won't do it.....like i said maybe the best thing is just become a catholic and then you can buy salvation or have the priest grant it...easy peasy

Anonymous

Quote from: "Obvious Li"of course i am being more than a little facetious.....i do this to point out the following.....

1. it is impossible for a believer and a non believer to have the same understanding of what the bible teaches.

2. it is impossible to rationally discuss the bible with someone who has not read it and studied it thoroughly...it is simply not possible

3. until you understand the difference between the spiritual life and the human life as pertains to a relationship with God non of it means anything

so the unbeliever suffers none of the constraints a believer feels regarding certain moral issues...on the other hand a true believer is obligated by their belief to hold and act on certain views

Yes, this is true Obvious Li..

When you receive Jesus as your personal Lord and saviour, the holy spirit dwells within and it is only then that we have a clearer understanding of God's design for us.