Total votes: : 4

Last post: September 15, 2024, 10:38:48 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

Sadie the Cleaning Lady

Started by caskur, August 06, 2023, 09:37:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

caskur

Sadie, the Cleaning Lady,

They are still apologising for that number 1 hit 5 decades on.

That really irks me and makes me angry.... how DARE they DENIGRATE that song.... can't cleaning ladies have an anthem of their own?,
.... shut the bloody truck up whingers... it is a great song, back then and up to this very day now.

And John stop apologising for singing it. TA.
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

Frood

B grade song though....

...not fit to play to spooked livestock on a cattle drive.
Blahhhhhh...

DKG

Quote from: caskur on August 06, 2023, 09:37:16 AM
Sadie, the Cleaning Lady,

They are still apologising for that number 1 hit 5 decades on.

That really irks me and makes me angry.... how DARE they DENIGRATE that song.... can't cleaning ladies have an anthem of their own?,
.... shut the bloody truck up whingers... it is a great song, back then and up to this very day now.

And John stop apologising for singing it. TA.
I don't know it.

caskur

Quote from: Frood on August 06, 2023, 10:12:49 AM
B grade song though....

...not fit to play to spooked livestock on a cattle drive.

Really, so you think the cleaning ladies of Australia don't deserve their own anthem eh?

Sadie, the Cleaning Lady knocked the Beatles off number one...

So much for you being able to recoggnise a hit when you hear one..
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

Adolf Oliver Bush

Quote from: DKG on August 06, 2023, 11:28:13 AM
I don't know it.
You ain't missing much, it's pretty cheesy.

Feel free to Google it if you're feeling particularly masochistic. Or hang around this thread some, I can tell Caskur is dying for any excuse to post it.

Any moment now...
Her fucking fupa looked like a pair of ass cheeks... like someone naked ran into her head first and got stuck. She was like "come eat me out" and I was like "nah I think I'll go snort some anthrax and light myself on fire instead"

- Biggie Smiles

Frood

Quote from: caskur on August 07, 2023, 01:17:30 AM
Really, so you think the cleaning ladies of Australia don't deserve their own anthem eh?

Sadie, the Cleaning Lady knocked the Beatles off number one...

So much for you being able to recoggnise a hit when you hear one..

When I first heard it, I was a mere hour into Australia for the first time and being driven down the road by my then fiancee as I peered out at all the box like 70's sedans on the road and blurted out "why is everyone driving 20 year old shit boxes?"... then Sadie came on the radio, my fiancee explained those were 80's cars and still worth a decent sum, and John Farnham was a teenage pop star that all the Aussie chicks wanted to bone with a strap-on dildo....except strap-on's weren't available to the public (Canberra was hoarding them) and blackened barbecue sausages were what they'd make due with at their bogan slumber parties where they'd paint each other's nails in mining effluent and baked Twisties wrappers.

:Doh2:

...I've never been the same since.

Blahhhhhh...

caskur

Quote from: Frood on August 07, 2023, 03:16:35 AM
When I first heard it, I was a mere hour into Australia for the first time and being driven down the road by my then fiancee as I peered out at all the box like 70's sedans on the road and blurted out "why is everyone driving 20 year old shit boxes?"... then Sadie came on the radio, my fiancee explained those were 80's cars and still worth a decent sum, and John Farnham was a teenage pop star that all the Aussie chicks wanted to bone with a strap-on dildo....except strap-on's weren't available to the public (Canberra was hoarding them) and blackened barbecue sausages were what they'd make due with at their bogan slumber parties where they'd paint each other's nails in mining effluent and baked Twisties wrappers.

:Doh2:

...I've never been the same since.

nahh, you could be back home watching jungle bunnies burn cities to the ground and watch transvestites sell inferior beer commercials on TV. Quick, you're missing out on new cultural reformation.

Jimmy Barnes himself used to run around humming  Sadie, the Cleaning Lady.
- Andy Warhol

caskur

Quote from: Adolf Oliver Bush on August 07, 2023, 02:51:20 AM
You ain't missing much, it's pretty cheesy.

Feel free to Google it if you're feeling particularly masochistic. Or hang around this thread some, I can tell Caskur is dying for any excuse to post it.

Any moment now...

It isn't cheesy.  It's a fun song from the 60s celebrating cleaning ladies... not everything has to appeal only to grungy dullard men....wiping out 4/5 of the entire music listening world..

Your type has done more harm to music than should have been allowed.

- Andy Warhol

Frood

Quote from: caskur on August 07, 2023, 03:43:07 AM
nahh, you could be back home watching jungle bunnies burn cities to the ground and watch transvestites sell inferior beer commercials on TV. Quick, you're missing out on new cultural reformation.

Jimmy Barnes himself used to run around humming  Sadie, the Cleaning Lady.

Yeah... ok.... but I'll need a burnt sausage sniffing dog ANYWHERE in your vicinity..

This village island has produced some greats but Lil Johnny Farnham isn't one of them.
Blahhhhhh...

Adolf Oliver Bush

Quote from: caskur on August 07, 2023, 03:56:27 AM

It isn't cheesy.  It a fun song from the 60s celebrating cleaning ladies... not everything has to appeal only to grungy dullard men....wiping out 4/5 of the entire music listening world..
It is cheesy, but I do agree with you that not everything has to appeal only to grungy dullard men. Tell that to the Triple M network though, see how far it gets you when you suggest they add your preferred Ghey Sebastians and Johnny Farnarkelings - they'll laugh you out of their offices and call you a crazy old biddie and you know it.

Triple M are shit, I think we can both agree. Oh, they had their moments... Uncle Doug, the D-Gen and so forth, but that's all been programmed out now. Lucky for old crusties like yourself there's still AM radio stations like 6iX which will program all the Johnny Fucknuckle the Golden Mouldies can stomach to keep them partying like it's 1969. Me? I have to dial in Rebel-FM because fuck knows there's precious little on your side of the rock that gets my boner past quarter mast these days.

I don't know what you're fucking worried about anyway. It's cheesy, but then so what? If it's sending tingles through your ancient minge, is that not enough? Slather that auditory smegma all over your loins and get your freak on girl... maybe put up a poster of that sellout mullet-sporting homonculus and fantasize it's really Cathy the Cleaning Lady he's singing, I dunno.

Quote from: caskur on August 07, 2023, 03:56:27 AMYour type has done more harm to music than should have been allowed.
Arguable, but at least it had feeling and never got done to death on lamestream media. And since we're on the topic of deserving working class schlubs being celebrated in song...

https://voca.ro/1DlUhHyQNnTk

...then "This Old House" surely deserves a mention, perhaps an occasional airing on your local PMSFM (or whatever it's branded itself as these days).
Her fucking fupa looked like a pair of ass cheeks... like someone naked ran into her head first and got stuck. She was like "come eat me out" and I was like "nah I think I'll go snort some anthrax and light myself on fire instead"

- Biggie Smiles

caskur

Quote from: Frood on August 07, 2023, 04:48:38 AM
Yeah... ok.... but I'll need a burnt sausage sniffing dog ANYWHERE in your vicinity..

This village island has produced some greats but Lil Johnny Farnham isn't one of them.

VILLAGE PEOPLE... Now that is cheezy GROUP. faggots dressed in the cheesiest clown outfits imaginable.

Next to Elvis, Tom Jones, Streisand, Karmahl ... John Farnham has the best vocals of all time... revered by his peers.   What have you got underling?

Let me guess...

Sweet FA.

Hush up,... you know nothing....NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:d030:
- Andy Warhol

caskur

Quote from: DKG on August 06, 2023, 11:28:13 AM
I don't know it.

JOHN FARNHAMS FIRST NUMBER 1 HIT.

YOU MIGHT KNOW THIS NUMBER 1 HIT... IT WAS A WORLD WIDE HIT.

THIS ONE TOO.

- Andy Warhol

caskur

And fuck the triple m j p k network...

I want my own network and it would be 10,000 times a better network than any other... that is a Fact!!!!

I neither like or dislike it... it came on radio when I was 7-8 years old and it is apart of Australian culture. John Farnham didn't really want to sing it but was pressured to do it. AND  because he did, disc jockeys would not play his music in the 70s despite him having Many other great number 1 hits. Disc jockeys are shitstains and think they are the arbiters of what people should listen too...

"Sadie (The Cleaning Lady)" was Australian pop singer Johnny Farnham's first solo single.[1] The novelty song was released in November 1967 and was No. 1 on the Go-Set National Singles Charts for five weeks in early 1968[2][3] (six weeks on the Australian charts in 1968 based on the Kent Music Report).[4] It was the largest-selling single in Australia by an Australian artist in the 1960s.[1][5] "Sadie" sold approximately 183,000 copies in Australia and was the highest-selling Australian single until "Up There Cazaly" was released in 1979.[6][7][8] It was also released in New Zealand, Denmark and Germany.[9] The B-side, "In My Room", was written by Farnham.[10] The A-side's label includes the acknowledgement "Vacuum cleaner solo: Mr. Jolly".[a]
- Andy Warhol

caskur

He was also king of pop Germany...

In concert... standing room only...

- Andy Warhol

Adolf Oliver Bush

Quote from: caskur on August 07, 2023, 07:14:03 AM
VILLAGE PEOPLE... Now that is cheezy GROUP. faggots dressed in the cheesiest clown outfits imaginable.

Next to Elvis, Tom Jones, Streisand, Karmahl ... John Farnham has the best vocals of all time... revered by his peers.   What have you got underling?

Let me guess...
I've plenty, Ms Not-John-Farnham. See, in a head to head between you and I, I've actually performed on a number of releases and no, I'm not referring to the songflames that have appeared on various flameboards over the last two decades. Even if I were to limit myself to that trifle alone, I'd have you beat... by four or five albums worth of material in fact.

I've worked in the music industry, been released. Not just as a vocalist mind you, bass, and keyboard work on some releases and of course there is the thirty years or so of engineering and production credits, something only Scoundrel gets to stand toe to toe with me on. Some of it you've heard, a lot of it you haven't. I've even posted some of it, a fact you know full well in your previous efforts to undermine various associations that I've had that you were dimly aware of, but but you being stuck out in the boondocks and with no real connections of your own, it's perhaps not surprising that your scope on my activities are as limited as your *ahem* "musical appreciation".

Don't worry, I understand why you attempted to do so, it bugged you no end that you couldn't beat me on the boards and at the height of your fury some five years ago, your "left leaning tendencies" led you to presume that destroying my off-board activities was justified. You might have targeted someone who wasn't a card carrying member of the entertainment industry; its members are no strangers to crazed and spurned stalkers, so the efforts of you and those you managed to poison from your social clique were never destined to make more than barely a splash.

I confess to some amusement at your efforts in previous years, but there was also a fair whack of pity mixed in with it. You see, I've never hated anyone or anything, least of all you. I accept that you hate my guts with a passion I'll never know, I accept that my own efforts and those of others to convince you that it's unwarranted are things you'll dig your heels in against long after your friends have seen the sense in dropping it. Shit, here I am (much against my better judgement might I add) moderating a forum on a board you initially decamped to "because it was a Rowan-free zone", not that it stopped me from being the forefront in your attentions.

And you don't see me abusing my station to screw with your ability to post, far less your day to day affairs... do you?

Mind you, even if I were inclined, I doubt there's much I could do the eclipse what you have and are doing to yourself. You really should learn to be a little more relaxed about your interactions with the objects of your obsession.

Quote from: caskur on August 07, 2023, 07:14:03 AMHush up,... you know nothing....NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Or what? You'll fabricate some reason to badger the board owner about my presence? Call the internet police on me? Schmooze everyone you can in the hopes of updating your PII files and hand it to Reaper? None of it's worked, I'm still standing. Yeah yeah yeah. You wanted a more accomplished vocalist than the Warrandyte Wanker, I've just quoted Elton John at you. Can't say I'm his biggest fan mind you, though the bewigged fagmosexual has endured a career that makes your hero look like a rank amateur, at least in the metrics you seem to think are the only ones that matter (sales, units moved, cocaine riders, male groupies etc).

Shit, I even have a couple of his albums. Strangely enough, there's not a single song about cleaning staff to be had on any of them.

- Biggie Smiles

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Is Alticus a dick sucking fairy? (answer is opposite of no):
spell bacon backwards with the first letter capitalized:
Is the "D" in Django silent? Yes or No? (must be lower case):
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview