Total votes: : 4

Last post: September 15, 2024, 10:38:48 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

Sadie the Cleaning Lady

Started by caskur, August 06, 2023, 09:37:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adolf Oliver Bush

Quote from: caskur on August 09, 2023, 03:00:14 PM
John Farnham isn't forgotten. Where did you get such a silly notion like that?
Most people forgot about him in short order after the first time you posted those vids. The only person who keeps bringing him up is you.

Quote from: caskur on August 09, 2023, 03:00:14 PM
John Farnham is fighting mouth cancer and possibly may die.
So?

Quote from: caskur on August 09, 2023, 03:00:14 PMGlenn Wheatley, his manager died of covid... last year or maybe the year before.
Jabbed?

Quote from: caskur on August 09, 2023, 03:00:14 PMYou could still catch covid... you never know.... eh!!!!?
Already have. It wasn't as bad as the media made it out to be.
Her fucking fupa looked like a pair of ass cheeks... like someone naked ran into her head first and got stuck. She was like "come eat me out" and I was like "nah I think I'll go snort some anthrax and light myself on fire instead"

- Biggie Smiles

caskur

It wasn't for my husband either. He was vaccinated 3 times...

For me? It nearly killed me.

I don't want to face that again.

"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

caskur

Quote from: Oerdin on August 08, 2023, 11:41:05 AM
I have never heard of this song.

This is excellent

One

Here is a hit from 1968

From a concert MUCH later.... The American reacters love them...

@razberrysky12
5 years ago
My god!  Who is this awesome singer we in the USA never got to enjoy?  Just happened across this while listening to covers of "Raindrops keep falling on my head"  John Farnham rocks!!

"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

caskur

@jontwest
5 years ago
Yes! Funny just tonight I saw this vid for the first time, and was wondering the exact same - why Farnham doesn't seem to be known much outside of Australia. I never paid much attention to him when I was a kid, but catching up on some of his performances I'm realizing what a knockout live singer and presence he is. Some new faves - Farnham with the Melbourne Symphony Orchestra singing 'Comic Conversations' -
, with the Little River Band 'Reminiscing' -
and with Olivia Newton John 'Please Don't Ask Me' -
. Wish I had seen him in concert!

- Andy Warhol

DKG

Quote from: Adolf Oliver Bush on August 10, 2023, 03:23:20 AM
Jabbed?
Already have. It wasn't as bad as the media made it out to be.
I got natural immunity from catching COVID. You get no immunity from the jab juice.

Adolf Oliver Bush

Quote from: caskur on August 10, 2023, 10:46:01 AM
@jontwest
5 years ago
Yes! Funny just tonight I saw this vid for the first time, and was wondering the exact same - why Farnham doesn't seem to be known much outside of Australia.
Cos he's shit, at least by world standards. People like him are a dime a dozen... which I believe is the going rate Molly Meldrum paid for his oral skills.

Sorry/notsorry. You only need look at what happened to Little River Band on the world stage when he took over lead vocal duties; that band sunk like a rock... in Australia and everywhere else.

And this is from a guy whose all time favourite LRB songs includes this little gem...

https://voca.ro/1jXsQiiXPoG2

Note it's the single version; the album version kills the song, him going all screamo over the end of it, like someone is hammering red hot nails through his testicles. The single version is much better for the absence of it - better exercise of light and shade and overall a more pleasant musical experience.

One song and it proved a minor hit for the band. They pumped out a couple more albums and the public flushed them. Farnham is no Glenn Shorrock, that's for sure. And then came "You're The Voice", an anti-nuclear anthem which after hearing it pumped over the radio hour after hour, day after day for a month straight had me wishing someone would nuke the fucking station. Grossly overproduced screamo-whine, and these bastards were determined to play it again and  again and  again and  again and  again and  again and  again and  again and  again and  again and  again and  again and  again and  again and  again and  again and  again and  again and  again and  again and  again and  again and  again and  again and  again and  again and  again and... well, I'm sure you get the idea. If I ever buy that bloody album, it will be to turn it into an ashtray, I swear to god.

These days I've learned not to listen to the radio, so when he dies I won't have to hear the inevitable wall to wall tributes to his caterwauling

Her fucking fupa looked like a pair of ass cheeks... like someone naked ran into her head first and got stuck. She was like "come eat me out" and I was like "nah I think I'll go snort some anthrax and light myself on fire instead"

- Biggie Smiles

Adolf Oliver Bush

Quote from: DKG on August 10, 2023, 11:50:06 AM
I got natural immunity from catching COVID. You get no immunity from the jab juice.
I caught the strain that hit the Military World Games in 2019. It took three years of mutations before I caught its omicron variant three years later. Neither time was particularly debilitating, unless you count a splitting headache the second time around. Didn't even last a day. I've had worse colds than that, I certainly don't think it worth torching the economy over, but clearly other people did.

Fuck them, they're idiots. Eat healthy, wash your hands, don't sneeze in peoples faces. Is that really so hard? Apparently it is, to which i say "die already, you're holding the rest of the herd back".
Agree Agree x 1 View List

- Biggie Smiles

caskur

Brian Adams thinks John Farnham is the best singer in the world...Tom Jones THE BEST singer in the world toured with John Farnham... I am thinking you might have a hearing impediment or something. Have you had your hearing tested lately?

OK we get you don't like John Farnham but you are a bloody contrary tosser just to be contrary.

John Farnham IS A LEGEND he IS THE VOICE...

USA reactions dont lie even though Arron tried to make out they did. 

There are dozens and dozens of critiques. Not one haven't enjoyed and praised Farnham you musical terrorist!~
- Andy Warhol

Shen Li

The biggest touring act in the world is Taylor Swift. Good luck getting tickets to her show in Toronto.

caskur

Of course the world is wrong and only you is the judge on voices... we know NUTHIN!!!!

- Andy Warhol

Shen Li

The only song I know by John Farnhan is You're The Voice.

caskur

- Andy Warhol

caskur

- Andy Warhol

Shen Li

Here. He wrote this one!~

Mom would like this song.
Agree Agree x 1 View List

caskur

And here is the time Tom Jones found a peer although Tome Jones is the greatest singer of the last century without an equal!!! Tom Jones hits the right spot in me...

!. Tom Jones,

2. Elvis

3. John Farnham

4. John English

5. Kamuhl

Here,... you should learn about Kamuhl S

- Andy Warhol

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
911 was an attack on what city (spell out lower case two words):
spell bacon backwards with the first letter capitalized:
Is the "D" in Django silent? Yes or No? (must be lower case):
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview