The best topic

Replies: 10314
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 05:20:34 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Marvin

Sadie the Cleaning Lady

Started by caskur, August 06, 2023, 09:37:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 28 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

caskur

"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

Adolf Oliver Bush

Quote from: caskur on August 18, 2023, 12:16:47 AMBrian Adams
...is a fuckwit and a simping wimp who was cowed by the chingy chows into saying sorry for offending them. Gutless turd and along with Neil Young, a symbol of all that is Wrong with the Canadian music industry.

Dan Ackroyd was better than both combined, as was Gordon Lightfoot, Harry Creech, Kim Mitchell, David Brockie, Hugh Dillon, Geddy Lee, Terry Gillespie and Devin Townsend.

Devin Townsend, jesus.... I know you don't know him and more than your average Vancouver music lover knows your Johnny Farnham, but they have every right to be justly proud of a local boy who has pumped out a similar volume of output as your little Johnny in half the time it took from Claening Lady to cancer and with the conviction...nay, the balls that Devin commands. And since you're so enamoured with YouTurd fandom...

...a selection of vocal coaches, opera to metal, hip-hop to rock and beyond... ought to set you straight on where he slots in on the Totem Pole of Significance.

You can moon over Farnham all you like; I'm telling you there is far, far better, more recognised acclaim, more panties moistening talent to be had.

Quote from: caskur on August 18, 2023, 12:16:47 AM...Tom Jones THE BEST singer in the world toured with John Farnham...
Country Dick Montana did Tom Jones better.

Quote from: caskur on August 18, 2023, 12:16:47 AMI am thinking you might have a hearing impediment or something.
Yeah, I'm thinking you have brain damage and a severe case of the Aggreived Inadequacies. Sorry about your penis.

Quote from: caskur on August 18, 2023, 12:16:47 AMHave you had your hearing tested lately?
Annually as a matter of fact and unlike you, I can still listen to 48 channels of recorded material in a stereo mix and tweak, tweeze and otherwise troubleshoot it just fine. That's not just because I still command a hearing range superior to most sixteen year olds, I also understand what it is I am listening to at a level you would never appreciate because you never trained yourself, nor did you have access to the informed and experienced peers and mind altering chemical amusements that I enjoyed.

Don't worry, I'm sure you can be better than me at... other things. This isn't it though and you're far too long in the tooth to be playing catch-up.

Quote from: caskur on August 18, 2023, 12:16:47 AMOK we get you don't like John Farnham but you are a bloody contrary tosser just to be contrary.
Did I mention one of my favourite LRB songs included this little gem?

https://voca.ro/1jXsQiiXPoG2

I'm pretty sure I mentioned it earlier. You might like to explain how I can both dislike a vocalist AND enjoy a song he's sung on.... wait, you're brain damaged, forget I asked.

Quote from: caskur on August 18, 2023, 12:16:47 AMJohn Farnham IS A LEGEND he IS THE VOICE...
...in your lunchbox. Might I remind you that the whole purpose of this thread was for you to draw attention to and bemoan how so few people were aware of him? Some bloody "legend".  :s_laugh:

Quote from: caskur on August 18, 2023, 12:16:47 AMUSA reactions dont lie even though Arron tried to make out they did. 
Why, you ever been there? No, I didn't think so either.

Quote from: caskur on August 18, 2023, 12:16:47 AMThere are dozens and dozens of critiques. Not one haven't enjoyed and praised Farnham you musical terrorist!~
There are dozens and dozens of critiques that have found him decidedly ordinary too. Including mine, which as we have abundantly established is far more based and grounded than that of a sixty-something hausfrau who also creams her pantaloons over Guy Sebastian and Gotye.

I know this sounds like I'm having a go at you and maybe I am. You've got an exceptionally narrow view on what constitutes musical excellence. My musical palate on the other hand is a great deal wider.... but then music is my business, you're merely a consumer... of auditory lollipops.

Doesn't mean we cant still be friends. Say, I bought three records this last week, two of them by Aussie artists. What inspired you enough to put your hard earned money down on?
Her fucking fupa looked like a pair of ass cheeks... like someone naked ran into her head first and got stuck. She was like "come eat me out" and I was like "nah I think I'll go snort some anthrax and light myself on fire instead"

- Biggie Smiles

caskur

There is room for everyone dimbulb...

Your competition about mussos I find sick.

Now I will read your scroll bomb AFTER MY DUCK DINNER!!!

Ugh!!!
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

Frood

Caskur is going to eat pizza with duck lips? Wut!???
Blahhhhhh...

Adolf Oliver Bush

Quote from: caskur on August 18, 2023, 05:48:33 AMYour competition about mussos I find sick.
You made it a competition, moreover one you had already decided the outcome of. You ought to know better than to pull that stunt on a topic I am clearly your superior in.  :hug2:

Quote from: caskur on August 18, 2023, 05:48:33 AMNow I will read your scroll bomb AFTER MY DUCK DINNER!!!

Ugh!!!
Awww, you love it, you know you do. My prose gets your heart thumping and your tushie wiggling in your Franco Cozzo beanbag, admit it.  :t2723:
Her fucking fupa looked like a pair of ass cheeks... like someone naked ran into her head first and got stuck. She was like "come eat me out" and I was like "nah I think I'll go snort some anthrax and light myself on fire instead"

- Biggie Smiles

Adolf Oliver Bush

Quote from: Frood on August 18, 2023, 05:53:33 AMCaskur is going to eat pizza with duck lips? Wut!???
Somewhere I have the Projectile Vomit cartoon of Caskur the Duck, I just can't be bothered trawling through 40 terabytes of backups in the hopes of finding it. No, not even for the cheap shot of plastering big shit eating grin on my moosh and calling her a cannibal!

- Biggie Smiles

caskur

S

What do you think of this track...Taylor Swift has been in an audience watching Broods.

This is their original version

- Andy Warhol

caskur

Quote from: Adolf Oliver Bush on August 18, 2023, 06:01:29 AMYou made it a competition, moreover one you had already decided the outcome of. You ought to know better than to pull that stunt on a topic I am clearly your superior in.  :hug2:

The Panasonic owner in myaree' sound systems
 used to make me choose the best sound systems because apparently women's hearing is superior to men's hearing... fact!

QuoteAwww, you love it, you know you do. My prose gets your heart thumping and your tushie wiggling in your Franco Cozzo beanbag, admit it.  :t2723:

Crass pig... you should chase after Murdy or Porker, they're both desperate whores looking for wood.

I am absolutely amazed that you offer up the worst music imaginable and claim it is better than mainstream when it is far from it.... as for that dickhead singing a Tom Jones song on the vid you presented he went off key a few times..... he should be gassed in a nazi shower.

I was in our primary school choir. I used to be able to  sing however due to having laryngitis 5 times I can't reach the highest notes anymore.

Many reactions note that no matter what high a note Farnham sings, its ALWAYS in key.

Let me guess, you are not a singer!!!?

- Andy Warhol

caskur

Quote from: Adolf Oliver Bush on August 18, 2023, 05:22:05 AM...is a fuckwit and a simping wimp who was cowed by the chingy chows into saying sorry for offending them. Gutless turd and along with Neil Young, a symbol of all that is Wrong with the Canadian music industry.

I happen to LOVE Neil Young with a passion. One of my favourites, Just like a Hurricane, especially the solo electric guitar at the end. Terrific..

Quote from: Adolf Oliver Bush on August 18, 2023, 05:22:05 AMDan Ackroyd was better than both combined, as was Gordon Lightfoot, Harry Creech, Kim Mitchell, David Brockie, Hugh Dillon, Geddy Lee, Terry Gillespie and Devin Townsend.

RELATIVE. And inconsequential. AS I HAVE SAID, THERE is plenty of room for everyone.

Quote from: Adolf Oliver Bush on August 18, 2023, 05:22:05 AMDevin Townsend, jesus.... I know you don't know him and more than your average Vancouver music lover knows your Johnny Farnham, but they have every right to be justly proud of a local boy who has pumped out a similar volume of output as your little Johnny in half the time it took from Claening Lady to cancer and with the conviction...nay, the balls that Devin commands. And since you're so enamoured with YouTurd fandom...

Youtube is a life saver. May it always stay up.

Quote from: Adolf Oliver Bush on August 18, 2023, 05:22:05 AML...a selection of vocal coaches, opera to metal, hip-hop to rock and beyond... ought to set you straight on where he slots in on the Totem Pole of Significance.

John Farnham can sing and conquer all genres. Everybody agrees..

Quote from: Adolf Oliver Bush on August 18, 2023, 05:22:05 AMnYou can moon over Farnham all you like; I'm telling you there is far, far better, more recognised acclaim, more panties moistening talent to be had.

Farnham, along with the others I mention have the X factor. They are flawless... except maybe Jon English was a tad imperfect... like maybe 1% imperfect.

Quote from: Adolf Oliver Bush on August 18, 2023, 05:22:05 AMCountry Dick Montana did Tom Jones better.
Yeah, I'm thinking you have brain damage and a severe case of the Aggreived Inadequacies. Sorry about your penis.

I'm waving my dick in your face right now... Country Dick is bigger in your head than mine. I will never get that minute back listening to the subpar rendition of Delilah. Me thinks you wrote that for a lark...

Quote from: Adolf Oliver Bush on August 18, 2023, 05:22:05 AMAnnually as a matter of fact and unlike you, I can still listen to 48 channels of recorded material in a stereo mix and tweak, tweeze and otherwise troubleshoot it just fine. That's not just because I still command a hearing range superior to most sixteen year olds, I also understand what it is I am listening to at a level you would never appreciate because you never trained yourself, nor did you have access to the informed and experienced peers and mind altering chemical amusements that I enjoyed.
your presumption is childish as well as pure vanity. You have no idea about my acoustic range and eclectic tastes. Ugh .... music is a balm on my soul not an aphrodisiac on my hiddenl bits.

Quote from: Adolf Oliver Bush on August 18, 2023, 05:22:05 AMDon't worry, I'm sure you can be better than me at... other things. This isn't it though and you're far too long in the tooth to be playing catch-up.
Did I mention one of my favourite LRB songs included this little gem?

I am not a fan of the Little River Band. John shouldn't have joined it.

Quote from: Adolf Oliver Bush on August 18, 2023, 05:22:05 AMI'm pretty sure I mentioned it earlier. You might like to explain how I can both dislike a vocalist AND enjoy a song he's sung on.... wait, you're brain damaged, forget I asked.
The song ALWAYS COMES FIRST TO ME. The fact the deliverer of said song is brilliant is just an added bonus.

Quote from: Adolf Oliver Bush on August 18, 2023, 05:22:05 AM.in your lunchbox. Might I remind you that the whole purpose of this thread was for you to draw attention to and bemoan how so few people were aware of him? Some bloody "legend".  :s_laugh:
Why, you ever been there? No, I didn't think so either.
Actually the theme of the thread is about, the song, Sadie the Cleaning Lady and cleaning ladies have a right to an anthem and no one should shame anyone for singing a number 1 hit... the guys controlling the music industry and DJ especially should choke on their bong water and die. caskur has spoken.

Quote from: Adolf Oliver Bush on August 18, 2023, 05:22:05 AMThere are dozens and dozens of critiques that have found him decidedly ordinary too. Including mine, which as we have abundantly established is far more based and grounded than that of a sixty-something hausfrau who also creams her pantaloons over Guy Sebastian and Gotye.
Two good song writers. Where are your songs rag and bones man? Lemme guess... you have none...??? Snigger!!!

Quote from: Adolf Oliver Bush on August 18, 2023, 05:22:05 AMI know this sounds like I'm having a go at you and maybe I am. You've got an exceptionally narrow view on what constitutes musical excellence. My musical palate on the other hand is a great deal wider.... but then music is my business, you're merely a consumer... of auditory lollipops.

Well, I love Phantom of the Opera and classical Greek music. IMMA LITTLE TEAPOT is a great song along with Baa Baa Black Sheep too.

Quote from: Adolf Oliver Bush on August 18, 2023, 05:22:05 AMDoesn't mean we cant still be friends. Say, I bought three records this last week, two of them by Aussie artists. What inspired you enough to put your hard earned money down on?

I am not buying music ever again. I lost decades of albums and CD in my house fire, I have my sons CD collection... I replaced a few CDs but now I download all my music from sites that rip youtube.

I am not buying stuff I already bought twice or more before. Do you understand that? Groups already get paid too much. I put all the music on usb sticks.... last time the crewman got stolen, Roy Orbison was stolen along with other CDs... NOW if they steal a usb, I can replace everything in a flash.

We are passing on my MIL ENTIRE.. classical collection.

Your life and what you want out of it changes when you suffer major trauma. "THINGS" No longer mean anything... things weigh you down.

I already have more shit and rubbish that would cover 3 lifetimes.
- Andy Warhol

caskur

I didn't know Dan Ackroyd was a singer and he is in one my all favourite tracks...

Many faces in this are no longer with us...heartbreaking to me too...

- Andy Warhol

Adolf Oliver Bush

Quote from: caskur on August 18, 2023, 09:00:09 AMI happen to LOVE Neil Young with a passion. One of my favourites, Just like a Hurricane, especially the solo electric guitar at the end. Terrific..
Yes, you seem like the sort of person who'd dig that kind of progtard whining....

Quote from: caskur on August 18, 2023, 09:00:09 AMRELATIVE. And inconsequential. AS I HAVE SAID, THERE is plenty of room for everyone.
But apparently not you, right? I've been all over the web, I've yet to encounter any of your musical efforts.

Quote from: caskur on August 18, 2023, 09:00:09 AMYoutube is a life saver. May it always stay up.
Ahhh, knock it off, YouTurd is AIDS, the MySpace of the 2020's. May it wither and die like television is doing.

Quote from: caskur on August 18, 2023, 09:00:09 AMJohn Farnham can sing and conquer all genres. Everybody agrees..
He can't or he would have already done so. I've yet to hear him even attempt electro swing, harmonic singing, delta blues, grind core or death metal... just to name a few. I see your claim of "all genres" and call you out on your lying bullshit.

Quote from: caskur on August 18, 2023, 09:00:09 AMFarnham, along with the others I mention have the X factor.
X-Felcher you mean. Stick a gerbil up their arse, they're done.

Quote from: caskur on August 18, 2023, 09:00:09 AMI'm waving my dick in your face right now...
You heard it here first, Caskur is a trannie!  :s_laugh:

Quote from: caskur on August 18, 2023, 09:00:09 AMCountry Dick is bigger in your head than mine. I will never get that minute back listening to the subpar rendition of Delilah.
Wah wah, Crimea River.  :crampe:

Quote from: caskur on August 18, 2023, 09:00:09 AMyour presumption is childish as well as pure vanity. You have no idea about my acoustic range and eclectic tastes.
Feel free to surprise me with it any time you can so much as put a stage mic in front of your gob, yob. I've already shown you and the rest of Flametown mine, a decade and a hald in and you still haven't so much as broken out Microsoft recorder.

What's the matter, not shy are you?

Quote from: caskur on August 18, 2023, 09:00:09 AMUgh .... music is a balm on my soul not an aphrodisiac on my hiddenl bits.
If you're getting your music out of your balmhole, that explains a fair bit actually.  :crampe: 

Quote from: caskur on August 18, 2023, 09:00:09 AM\I am not a fan of the Little River Band. John shouldn't have joined it.
You might be right there, the band did suffer its worst years with him at the helm. Still, "Down On The Border" remains a pleasing bit of audio fluff for my tastes and a low rotation staple for me whenever I'm feeling masochistic enough to entertain my musical director pretensions for a radio station. "Sadie The Cleaning Lady" not so much.

Quote from: caskur on August 18, 2023, 09:00:09 AMThe song ALWAYS COMES FIRST TO ME.
Really? So how is it that in four long pages of your wittering on about Molly Meldrum's fleshlight, you have yet to pen a single word regarding the alleged brilliance of the songwriters of that title adorning this thread? Not a single peep about messers Gilmore, Madura or White, nothing about the other hits they've famously had... nothing.

You've banged on at length about...

Quote from: caskur on August 18, 2023, 09:00:09 AM...the deliverer of said song...

...but haven't spared a single thought for the people who actually wrote the damned thing, something you assure us rightly should have been the FIRST thing every time.

Nor have you spared any compliment for the vacuum cleaner soloist. A terrible and doubtless unintended oversight on your part, I mean... a song about worthy wenches household duties and you forget all about the one documented case in all of recorded music history of an upright Hoover player.... scandalous!

:crampe:

Quote from: caskur on August 18, 2023, 09:00:09 AMActually the theme of the thread is about, the song, Sadie the Cleaning Lady...
Right, so again how is it that we find ourselves four pages deep into it an I am the first person to bother mentioning those poor forgotten writers of it? You elitist pig, you said the song always came first for you, you can't even lead off with credit where it's due?

Quote from: caskur on August 18, 2023, 09:00:09 AM...and cleaning ladies have a right to an anthem...
Quite aside from your offer being decidedly lacking in the anthemic department, your leftie claims that housework should be pushed to the front of the bus and celebrated is the kinds of Marxist bullshit that also has the kids of today mutilating their sexual organs and stuffing their pocket money into drag queens bumcracks in bars. And while I agree that housework is a more noble pastime than that kind of revolting behaviour, it is after all housework, a necessity most of us seem to manage without having jewbags writing songs about it.

I got your anthemic hanging beeyotch... I once convinced Requiem's guitarist to solo his instrument with a Makita power drill on the song "To Kill A God". Sounded way more impressive than your vacuum cleaner any day of the week!  :yeahhh:

Quote from: caskur on August 18, 2023, 09:00:09 AM...and no one should shame anyone for singing a number 1 hit...
Tell that to the fans of Ultravox... they're still bleeding that this...

...was held out of the number one spot because of this...

Me? I'm pissing myself laughing over the whole thing. Fact is, even in the number #2  spot, Vienna vastly outsold your Sadie The Cleaning Lady in all markets. I guess that it was New Wave probably helped, people were getting tired of the sorts of stodgy garbage that...

Quote from: caskur on August 18, 2023, 09:00:09 AM...the guys controlling the music industry...
...were in the habit of insisting get recorded. Sadie The Cleaning Lady being just such an example, so it kinda makes me wonder why you would want them to...

Quote from: caskur on August 18, 2023, 09:00:09 AM...choke on their bong water and die...

Because you see Ultravox had to fight tooth and nail to get that song released as a single in the first place. They already had two singles out from the album of the same name, "Sleepwalk" and "Passing Strangers", both of which charted, though poorly in their native England. Vienna on the other hand propelled them to the upper reaches of the Top 40 in multiple international markets. Unlike Farnham, this particular quartet had a product they believed in. Years on and unlike Farnham, they sure aren't apologising for prevailing over...
Quote from: caskur on August 18, 2023, 09:00:09 AM...the guys controlling the music industry...

Quote from: caskur on August 18, 2023, 09:00:09 AM...and DJ especially...
You mean radio announcers? I don't know why you'd be giving them shit, they don't choose the songs they play, that's the domain of music director and program managers. "Deejays" (at least in commercial and national radio radio) are much like your Johnny Farnham, told what to play, told what to say and if they don't like it then heck, those...
Quote from: caskur on August 18, 2023, 09:00:09 AM...guys controlling the music industry...
...will simply find some other cretin prepared to prostitute their soul and talents on behalf of the ruling elite instead.

Community and public radio there might be a little more blurring of the job descriptions, sure. But it cannot have escaped your attention that such outlets can't hold a candle to the reach that their commercial counterparts command. You and like-minded sheeple like you may just as soon choke on your own bong water for allowing yourself to be led about by the nose when it comes to "your" musical tastes, being that you allowed yourself to be brainwashed into them in the first place.

Quote from: caskur on August 18, 2023, 09:00:09 AMcaskur has spoken.
Heh, yeah... and don't you wish she hadn't?  :crampe:

Quote from: caskur on August 18, 2023, 09:00:09 AMTwo good song writers. Where are your songs rag and bones man? Lemme guess... you have none...??? Snigger!!!
More to the point, where are yours? I've posted (at a rough guess) four dozen examples that are genuinely my own work over the last eighteen years. You? You're living vicariously through the efforts of others. Let me guess - you're TOO EMBARRASSED  to post your own work? Or is it you have none of your own genuine creation to post? You know, I'm prepared to believe either at this point.  :s_laugh:

See, the stuff I've written was done for my own enjoyment. I never set out to become a name in the songwriting community, nor as a performing artist, my gig was always more oriented to what I could do with other people's performances, And I was very selective with those I would choose to do the performing. They are my paints, the sound equipment my canvas. I'm not in the habit of taking just any old shit and flinging it at the wall, I respect my own ability too much for that. Your Johnny Farnham and his entire entourage could have waltzed up to me and said "Cun`t, I'll give you a billion dollars and a lifetime of blowjobs to record me" and I'd have refused his offer. Like Tony Cohen before me and Phil Spector before him, I deal with who I choose to deal with. Nobody gets to tell me where I exercise my abilities, only I do.

And you know, even with all that said, I've still managed to turn a coin from my own songwriting and performative efforts. Nothing fancy, but then I never intended it to be. Songs like "Love Song" and "Cobweb Cunt" got airplay in my hometown, my instrumental "Hades" still brings in a royalty cheque from two art movie scores it appeared in. Meh, not my focus, never was or I might have concentrated on it more. And very possibly I might have ended up as fucked up as some of the pinups you choose to get wet to, but I'm more than comfortable with where I am today.

Quote from: caskur on August 18, 2023, 09:00:09 AMI am not buying music ever again. I lost decades of albums and CD in my house fire, I have my sons CD collection... I replaced a few CDs but now I download all my music from sites that rip youtube.
Ahhhhh. now there's the rub. You're spruiking artists that you aren't prepared to put any money of your own down on. I bet you never even owned a locally pressed physical copy of Sadie the Cleaning Lady on vinyl back in the day, you just as likely taped it off someone else. You moocher! But we are supposed to rush out and snag our own copies?

I'm sorely tempted to accept your challenge; I need a new ashtray for my guests. And with mint condition copies of Sadie the Cleaning Lady retailing at modest prices of around a dollar plus postage (shit, there's a clue, hahaha) I might be convinced to take one of them out of circulation and repurpose it into something a little more  useful besides destroying my needle with.

Whaddaya reckon? I could even post a video of it crinkling on the stove so you'd know I wasn't bullshitting you avout having done it!

Quote from: caskur on August 18, 2023, 09:00:09 AMI am not buying stuff I already bought twice or more before. Do you understand that?
I understand you're a cheapskate, sure. One of the Aussie albums I picked up was Spiderbait's "Sounds In The Key Of J", a compilation of songs their bassist Janet English performed vocals on. I already own a complete collection of their studio releases so it's not as though I haven't put my money down on them previously, but the way I look at it is that if a band has brought and continues to bring me listening pleasure, I don't mind throwing a few bucks in their kick, especially when a new release contains stuff that didn't make it to the initial album releases as was the case here.

Janet's not a particularly amazing vocalist, hell when Spiderbait formed back in Finley she could't carry a tune in a wheelbarrow and her bass playing similarly left a great deal to be desired. But she persevered, got her musical chops up to scratch enough to get her work licensed to American distributors and managed it all off the back of years of doing it tough and going without. I admire that in a person, why would I not reward it in the appropriate manner?

Besides, she was a bit of a stunner back in the day, though I wouldn't have fucked her, not after that video clip  they did for "Fuckin' Awesome" with all those weirdass furries cavorting about in it. Never know what diseases I might have picked up. But even if it were otherwise, when a guy finally gets a sexy-ass slut into the fart sack and gets to pounding her axe wound with his throbbing, spunk encrusted and empurpled love missile, it's not like he stops throwing money at her until he is well and truly done with her minge. Quite often the fiscal contributions continue a long time after, just ask any divorcee.

Consistency. No, you cannot buy it, though you can learn it.

Quote from: caskur on August 18, 2023, 09:00:09 AMGroups already get paid too much.
But not solo acts like your golden haired gonad goo receptacle, right?  :crampe: Dear god, if your knew what you were talking about I might be offended. You have NO idea how much groups are paid or you wouldn't be embarrassing yourself with such a claim. Many are little more than indentured servants, forced to exist on dog food and cheap liquor while they pay off the costs of their "lucky break" to the studio owners and record labels who themselves operate (in some cases) on such razor thin profit margins they frequently go bankrupt.

Quote from: caskur on August 18, 2023, 09:00:09 AMI put all the music on usb sticks.... last time the crewman got stolen, Roy Orbison was stolen along with other CDs... NOW if they steal a usb, I can replace everything in a flash.
Tell me, did you buy another vehicle? Or did you sat "fuck it, I already paid for one" and steal one off the lot instead? When your place got torched, did you buy your way into a new set of digs or did you squat? When you were sifting through the ashes and broken crockery, did you undertake to steal a new kitchen setting, or did you hit up your box stores and op shops for new cutlery and dishes for wining and dining purposes?

I reckon you'll tell me you paid your way. So why would your music collection be any different? The responsible, White thing to do is to pay for what you do not have, to replace what is stolen of broken, what you couldn't or wouldn't protect adequately from theft and damage... with money out of your own pocket. Not to excuse your own criminal tendencies because some asshole exercised theirs against you. Your thievery makes you every bit the nigger as the boongs that burned your house down.

Quote from: caskur on August 18, 2023, 09:00:09 AMYour life and what you want out of it changes when you suffer major trauma. "THINGS" No longer mean anything... things weigh you down.
Spoken like a true leftie, madam. To which I say "so don't get them"... but that's not the answer you want, is it? You want the pleasure and frills without the responsibility that goes along with it. And you'll get your nose out of joint and start making excuses when it's pointed out to you. Brother Lokmar could find innumerable cases in scripture to put you to death for what you've done, citing you as an example of being in breach of God's Will while I would simply entreat you to do unto others as you would have them to unto you. Because in the pure logic that I apply to make myself a better person and this world a better place, when you are in the habit of stealing other people's shit, the equal and opposite side of the coin is you can expect no protections from others doing the exact same to you... and society thus falls apart.

You're better than this. You claim to be a Woman of Means, start acting like it. If you fundamentally believe in the god whose name I often see you taking in vain, perhaps you might like to minimise the other things you do that piss him off. I'm not inclined to believe in his existence either way, but I'm at least clued in enough to realise it's not as though you get to take any of it with you after you die.

Quote from: caskur on August 18, 2023, 09:00:09 AMI already have more shit and rubbish that would cover 3 lifetimes.
So you dump yours out in threads like these... yeah, thanks for that.

And thanks for admitting by default true worth of your Johnny Farnham collection, stolen or otherwise. Rubbish or shit, it scarcely matters. You might have saved yourself the effort and accumulated something better.

- Biggie Smiles

Adolf Oliver Bush

Quote from: caskur on August 18, 2023, 07:19:32 AMThe Panasonic owner in myaree' sound systems
 used to make me choose the best sound systems because apparently women's hearing is superior to men's hearing... fact!
Maybe as an aggregate, I wouldn't know. What I can tell you is that in an industry which plays its favourites purely based on interest, talent and the willingness to strut it in the marketplace, the amount of female audio engineers is vastly overshadowed by the Men.

Women seem to prefer being in the front row, crying and screaming and offering blowjobs to the guitarists while getting their eardums punched six feet into their skulls by the Front of House monitors. I never understood the allure of it myself, then again I'm not a woman so meh.

Quote from: caskur on August 18, 2023, 07:19:32 AMCrass pig... you should chase after Murdy or Porker, they're both desperate whores looking for wood.
A man with my standards of good taste? Hell no!  :s_laugh:  I wouldn't even fuck you... way too old and wrinkly for my tastes, but I still appreciate your interest. Don't mistake that for an expression of intent to burp my baby sludge up your Grand Canyon darling and you won't be disappointed.  :good:

Quote from: caskur on August 18, 2023, 07:19:32 AMI am absolutely amazed that you offer up the worst music imaginable and claim it is better than mainstream...
Well I've been told the truth hurts often enough, so I understand your REEEEEE-ing when I get to dumping vast quantities in your lap. Settle petal, it's not like it's the end of the world when you discover that lone voice telling the horde got it wrong actually knew what he was talking about...

...but you may want to strap on a parachute if you choose to ignore him.  :crampe:

Quote from: caskur on August 18, 2023, 07:19:32 AMas for that dickhead singing a Tom Jones song on the vid you presented he went off key a few times..... he should be gassed in a nazi shower.
Bit of a wasted effort doncha think? The cunt's already dead!  :s_laugh:

Quote from: caskur on August 18, 2023, 07:19:32 AMI was in our primary school choir. I used to be able to  sing however due to having laryngitis 5 times I can't reach the highest notes anymore.
So sing Kamahl tunes instead, I don't give a fuck if your voice has dropped four or five octaves.... or are your granniepanties getting in the way of hitting those notes as well?

Quote from: caskur on August 18, 2023, 07:19:32 AMMany reactions note that no matter what high a note Farnham sings, its ALWAYS in key.
And pray tell, how does he do that with mouth cancer? Does he howl uncontrollably like a bush coyote on black tar heroin? I might buy an album of such efforts, just to annoy the neighbours.  :evil:

Quote from: caskur on August 18, 2023, 07:19:32 AMLet me guess, you are not a singer!!!?
I was in the school choir if that's what you mean. Performed on my first professional recording at age nine or ten, five years after I saw the inside of my first recording studio at the Canberra School of Music. Also played piano, bass and percussion, but prefer them as compositional tools rather than performative. I've performed live in various groups on an ad hoc basis, my longest stint with any band was as a vocalist with the Una Munous Quorum that boasted as many as 80 vocalists at its peak, perorming various Dadaist works around Melbourne festivals and events. We'd show up, do our thing and melt back into the crowd leaving people wondering what the fuck they'd just been a part of. Amused the hell out of me, I'll tell you that much.

You don't get to be a producer/engineer without having some idea of how this stuff fits together and I have the grounding I need to make a quid out of it as and when I choose. I've made my way into the industry and retired from it twice because I could. And with accolades and awards interesting me as little as they do, I am perhaps in the most enviable of positions - able to draw an educated and frank assessment of any particular work unfettered by the trivialities of how many people could be hoodwinked into buying it by some con-artist and woofter with a bell-end fetish.

You haven't learned that part yet, I can tell. I'm sure that matters about as much to you as it does me, I'm content in my station of knowing there's more to music than money, or how cleanly you can hit a note, or whatever you happen to be doing with your mouth when you release it.

There's a thing called "feel" for one thing. I notice they don't rank for that on the ARIA charts and that's probably just as well. The music industry cannot seem to monetize for that and are reduced to marketing turds in its stead.

Heigh-ho.

- Biggie Smiles

Adolf Oliver Bush

Quote from: Shen Li on August 18, 2023, 12:32:15 AMThe biggest touring act in the world is Taylor Swift. Good luck getting tickets to her show in Toronto.

Taylor Swifting is so 2000-late.

- Biggie Smiles

caskur

There is zero point in telling you anything due to your propensity to make things up.... another sign of immaturity.

It must have taken you what, 24 hours to write that nonsense....lol

I might listen to Enya now or maybe me current Sheldon Riley muse.

- Andy Warhol

caskur

Of course both Kurt and I have Sadie the Cleaning Lady because both his household and my household bought Telethon 71 album and Sadie the Cleaning Lady was on it but you are right... me at the age of 11 had no income to buy Telethon Albums.. I guess my mums album is still kicking around somewhere but Kurt's copy melted in our house fire..

https://www.discogs.com/release/6559633-Various-Telethon-71

So many words you write and you would be broke from me taking up your stupid bets... and smashing to death your assumptions so many words to try to convince, God knows who, that one of the 21st century Greatest vocalists isn't good enough. That is sooooo preposterous I just about spluttered over my mobile phone when I read it.

We are all "brainwashed" apparently (according to mong) if we aren't on the same page as a fucking loon ie him... is the full moon out yet?

You want to hear me sing, pay me $10,000 to think about about it then.

I never admitted to being able to write any songs nor play an instrument. I sold my Fender classical guitar reluctantly to a dude who virtually snatched it out of my arms...I lost interest in playing the guitar because I was useless at tuning it. I was an expert plucking out Michael Rode the Boat to Shore.

I am a visual fine artist, not a musician. So? What difference does that make? My voice is an instrument.

I am in retirement so I need to make sure what I have now moneywise covers the next 20 years...

When I was thinking of "Cleaning Ladies" I wasn't thinking of housewives, I was thinking about the cleaning staff in hospitals... they stand between US AND SURE DEATH ya slow learner grrrrrr..  they keep the pathogens under control in our hospitals... they deserved an anthem and Sadie is it.

You need to quit while you're behind...

- Andy Warhol

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
911 was an attack on what city (spell out lower case two words):
spell bacon backwards with the first letter capitalized:
Is the "D" in Django silent? Yes or No? (must be lower case):
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview