Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 07:05:02 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by James Bond

A

Are you getting ready for Christmas yet

Started by Anonymous, November 21, 2014, 08:25:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Hello everyone, we will out up our tree and all decorations tomorrow..

I have got almost all my Christmas shopping done, but I did start months ago..

Next weekend I will start my Christmas baking..

Has anyone else began preparing for Christmas?

ac_smile

Frost

I'm done shopping unless I just have to get something else.

I might wrap stuff this weekend, not sure yet. :)

Most everything I got was from online so it was easy except gift ideas.

I hope the tree is pretty there :) I only have a small one in a bucket already decorated  ac_dance

Anonymous

Yeah, I got some cool toys for my son. I was going to buy my husband a restored 1970 Dodge Dart, but it was gone by the time I saw the ad. I am looking for a project care for him. I have something in mind for Mommy. Daddy is getting a lump of coal. acc_angry

RW

I am so not even ready to THINK about Christmas.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "Real Woman"I am so not even ready to THINK about Christmas.

You've got a couple of reasons to get your ass in gear girl.

Obvious Li

i hate christmas and probably the five days on either side of it....not a depressing time...just boring as hell.....just another byproduct of divorce i'd say......stuff you don't think about until it is to late...... ac_umm

Anonymous

Quote from: "Obvious Li"i hate christmas and probably the five days on either side of it....not a depressing time...just boring as hell.....just another byproduct of divorce i'd say......stuff you don't think about until it is to late...... ac_umm

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRFKDA_mXzUZyBUlELHRf59FJcF4QMvU5itF_IKtq_jv8j_N2Io">

Annie

Yep! All ready! It's going to be small but loving :) Hey Blue! Nice to see you here, how are you?
Your mind is a garden. Your thoughts are the seeds. You can grow flowers or you can grow weeds.  ~ Anonymous

Anonymous

Quote from: "Obvious Li"i hate christmas and probably the five days on either side of it....not a depressing time...just boring as hell.....just another byproduct of divorce i'd say......stuff you don't think about until it is to late...... ac_umm

How are Christmas and divorce connected Obvious Li?

I love the whole month of December..

It shines a light on human kindness.

ac_smile

@realAzhyaAryola

I actually agree with this. I don't "hate" Christmas but I "hate" all the commercialization of it. I want a solemn Christmas with family and friends too and enjoy a warm time of being kind to one another and giving each other presents (that were carefully thought out, not picked out from the corridors of the mall because it was already wrapped) and having a warm gathering. I don't enjoy all the Christmas songs being played at the malls. I prefer to listen to Christmas hymns by choral groups. That's just moi.
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

@realAzhyaAryola

Quote from: "Fashionista"

ac_smile

I remember when I was all sweetness and light like you are now. I remember having the same outlook as you, Fash.
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

@realAzhyaAryola

I still like Christmas but not the commercial part of it, how they push it just so you will "be moved."
@realAzhyaAryola

Obvious Li

ac_smile

inadvertently so.....when you become divorced the first thing you come to realize is that family life will never be the same again....no more family holidays, vacations or gatherings with inlaws....as a guy your friends, family and kids generally view you as the bad guy......the kids tend to feel sympathy for their mother particularly at holiday times and if they have to choose where to go they go there......that is why i find holidays boring as there is little to do over christmas, easter, thanksgiving etc....not whining just answering your question.......... ac_dunno

@realAzhyaAryola

ac_biggrin My children want to show fairness.
@realAzhyaAryola

Anonymous

Quote from: "Azhya Aryola"

ac_smile

I remember when I was all sweetness and light like you are now. I remember having the same outlook as you, Fash.

Then you started hanging around the Iron Chink and became tainted. ac_drinks  ac_toofunny