News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 10406
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 09:47:30 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

Just ordered my portable Air Conditioner.

Started by Mel Gibson, April 24, 2015, 12:02:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Mel Gibson

Canada doesn't seem to import the one I want (Whynter 14,000 BTU's).

Home Depot US has a pretty good deal on 'em right now ($460.00 USD), so I ordered one.

At first I wasn't sure if I could make the order happen, since US Home Depot online fields only accept Zip Codes when inputting billing info.  Although I will be picking the item up, I wasn't sure if entering a random Zip Code would muck things up.  Talked to the store, and it's fine to enter the Bellingham Zip Code, I have found.

The Whynter 14,000 BTU is superior to any models Home Depot Canada sells, and at $460, the price is better too.  Luckily I live only 30 mins from Bellingham (border crossing time excluded), so this should be a worthwhile trip.  The store should get it within a couple of weeks or so.

Will update my thoughts on the unit in the future, once it gets some use...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Mel Gibson"Canada doesn't seem to import the one I want (Whynter 14,000 BTU's).

Home Depot US has a pretty good deal on 'em right now ($460.00 USD), so I ordered one.

At first I wasn't sure if I could make the order happen, since US Home Depot online fields only accept Zip Codes when inputting billing info.  Although I will be picking the item up, I wasn't sure if entering a random Zip Code would muck things up.  Talked to the store, and it's fine to enter the Bellingham Zip Code, I have found.

The Whynter 14,000 BTU is superior to any models Home Depot Canada sells, and at $460, the price is better too.  Luckily I live only 30 mins from Bellingham (border crossing time excluded), so this should be a worthwhile trip.  The store should get it within a couple of weeks or so.

Will update my thoughts on the unit in the future, once it gets some use...

My hubby bought one. It works so well, I have to get up in the middle of the night and turn it off it is so cold. If you like a very cool sleep, you'll be happy with your purchase.

Mel Gibson

Mel Gibson

Either way, it'll be cooling 700 sq/ft...  A little over its capacity, but then again we don't get desert-like heat here.  Will provide update on its ability to cool this area.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Mel Gibson"A Whynter?

No, but it's 14000 BTU's. He bought it at Bed, Bath and Beyond. I believe it is a Kul.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Mel Gibson"Either way, it'll be cooling 700 sq/ft...  A little over its capacity, but then again we don't get desert-like heat here.  Will provide update on its ability to cool this area.

We seldom get that much heat Mel Gibson.

Mel Gibson

Should work, I hope!  My condo got pretty hot for a while last summer.  I don't like sitting around dripping in sweat, so hopefully this makes my life more comfortable!

We are not allowed to modify the exterior of the building, so a window or 'through the wall' type A/C is a no-no here...  Limited to portable.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Mel Gibson"Should work, I hope!  My condo got pretty hot for a while last summer.  I don't like sitting around dripping in sweat, so hopefully this makes my life more comfortable!

We are not allowed to modify the exterior of the building, so a window or 'through the wall' type A/C is a no-no here...  Limited to portable.

Your condo is prolly smaller than our master bedroom.

Mel Gibson

It's 700 sq/ft, so take it as you will!

I do have a King Size bed in the bedroom, with enough room to spare, so it works for me.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Mel Gibson"It's 700 sq/ft, so take it as you will!

That is damned tiny.

Mel Gibson

Quote from: "Shen Li"That is damned tiny.

It's a one-bedroom condo.  That's how they are...

Mel Gibson

Two and three bed condos are too close in price to a townhouse.  If I really needed a large condo with multiple beds and baths, I would be better off simply purchasing a townhouse.

If I ever meet a woman with her shit together, and an income, a townhouse would be the next logical step up.

But just for me?  One bed condo is fine...

Mel Gibson

Also, don't forget where I live!  The GVRD isn't exactly cheap.

10 acres with a creek running out back is a little out of my (and most others) price range here!~

Only rich Asian money launderers, er I mean businessmen, come with that kind of dough!

Berry Sweet

Sweet!  You can put your salt and pepper shakers next to it!

Renee

Am I missing something here? Who buys a condo, townhouse, etc with no central air?
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.