News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 10406
Total votes: : 4

Last post: September 21, 2024, 09:47:30 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

Just ordered my portable Air Conditioner.

Started by Mel Gibson, April 24, 2015, 12:02:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berry Sweet

Quote from: "Renee"Am I missing something here? Who buys a condo, townhouse, etc with no central air?

Mel...

Berry Sweet

But I'm beginning to wonder if the salt and pepper shakers came with the place?

@realAzhyaAryola

Quote from: "Renee"Am I missing something here? Who buys a condo, townhouse, etc with no central air?

I am used to central air as well.
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

Mel Gibson

I don't know what Condo's you've lived in, but the Condo's I've looked at out here either have no air conditioning, or 'through the wall' mounted units.

Maybe in the Southern States central air is standard, but not here.

Either way, a portable will work.  When summer is over, I simply wheel it into my storage locker.

RW

What condo has central air?  Every one I have ever lived in condo and townhouse in has always had baseboard heaters and gofuckyourself AC.
Beware of Gaslighters!

kiebers

Quote from: "RW"

What condo has central air?  Every one I have ever lived in condo and townhouse in has always had baseboard heaters and gofuckyourself AC.

">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFlCD5CYAcU
I've learned that if someone asks you a really stupid question and you reply by telling them what time it is, they'll leave you alone

Renee

Sorry to hear that Mel. Here in the states condos, especially new construction usually have central air. Those that don't are usually high rise or old garden apartment conversations and those usually have thru the wall units.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Mel Gibson

Quote from: "RW"What condo has central air?

Apparently the ones that Renee and Berry Sweet live in...

Mel Gibson

Again, it's nothing that my Whynter 14,000 BTU portable shouldn't be able to handle.  And it goes in storage when it's no longer needed.

Berry Sweet

Quote from: "Mel Gibson"

I don't know what Condo's you've lived in, but the Condo's I've looked at out here either have no air conditioning, or 'through the wall' mounted units.

Maybe in the Southern States central air is standard, but not here.

Either way, a portable will work.  When summer is over, I simply wheel it into my storage locker.

http://static.autoblog.nl/images/wp2008/broken_airconditioning.jpg">

Berry Sweet

Mel's even getting air conditioning installed in his van!

http://hoppypotty.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/2118.jpg">

Renee

\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Renee

Quote from: "Mel Gibson"Again, it's nothing that my Whynter 14,000 BTU portable shouldn't be able to handle.  And it goes in storage when it's no longer needed.

See if you had central air you just turn it off when it's not needed. It also tends to be a lot more energy efficient than the rolling cold air R2 unit you bought. Just remember to empty the condensate bottle once in a while.

Mel Gibson

Condo's here don't have central air!  At least not "regular" condos.

I'm sure some expensive ultra-luxury condos do, but I'm not classy enough for those.

Renee

Quote from: "Mel Gibson"Condo's here don't have central air!  At least not "regular" condos.

I'm sure some expensive ultra-luxury condos do, but I'm not classy enough for those.

What do you mean you aren't classy enough? Don't you have an overpriced shotgun hanging on your wall?  ac_umm