News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 10406
Total votes: : 4

Last post: September 21, 2024, 09:47:30 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

Just ordered my portable Air Conditioner.

Started by Mel Gibson, April 24, 2015, 12:02:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

RW

Beware of Gaslighters!

Berry Sweet

no no...like an actual mini air conditioner...just a tiny thing for a single room use...not a fan..

RW

Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "Mel Gibson"Most have timers.

Remember though...  Every air conditioner has to be exhausted to the outside.

Do they shut off after a certain time or can they turn on and off again at regular intervals?

Mel Gibson

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"no no...like an actual mini air conditioner...just a tiny thing for a single room use...not a fan..

For an air conditioner to work, it has to be exhausted to the outside in some fashion.  Simple thermodynamics, yo!

Mel Gibson

Quote from: "Fashionista"Do they shut off after a certain time or can they turn on and off again at regular intervals?

You set the temp, and it'll cycle, just like your fridge...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Mel Gibson"
Quote from: "Fashionista"Do they shut off after a certain time or can they turn on and off again at regular intervals?

You set the temp, and it'll cycle, just like your fridge...

Thank you Mel Gibson..

We don't need one, but thank you anyway.

ac_smile

Berry Sweet

Quote from: "RW"What's wrong with a fan?

I'm one of those people that doesn't like air blowing on me when I'm sleeping...

Mel Gibson

Berry, any portable air conditioner needs a hose routed out a window.

Berry Sweet

Yeah I know...btu I just remember talking to someone about this and they were telling me about this mini air conditioner that didn't have to be exhausted...I dunno...but if something like that does exists, I'd love to buy one!

Anonymous

Quote from: "Mel Gibson"Berry, any portable air conditioner needs a hose routed out a window.

Maybe the product Berry Sweet is referring to is not an actual air conditioner?

It produces cool air, but may technically not be an air conditioner?

Berry Sweet

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Mel Gibson"Berry, any portable air conditioner needs a hose routed out a window.

Maybe the product Berry Sweet is referring to is not an actual air conditioner?

It produces cool air, but may technically not be an air conditioner?

Yes, could be!

Mel Gibson

It is impossible for an air conditioner to cool a room, without somehow exhausting the hot air.  Simple thermodynamics...

Hot air is "soaked up" and goes where?  Back into the room?  It MUST have an exhaust to the outside.

Mel Gibson

My parents have a fan that you can load up with cold water or ice cubes, and it blows that around.  May work well enough for some, and much cheaper than an air conditioner...

Berry Sweet

Quote from: "Mel Gibson"My parents have a fan that you can load up with cold water or ice cubes, and it blows that around.  May work well enough for some, and much cheaper than an air conditioner...

That reminds me of the cooler filled with ice and a fan blowing....the red neck air conditioner...I wonde rif that actually works?!