News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 10406
Total votes: : 4

Last post: September 21, 2024, 09:47:30 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

Just ordered my portable Air Conditioner.

Started by Mel Gibson, April 24, 2015, 12:02:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Mel Gibson

The Browning BPS Medallion?  Far from expensive.

And classy as in I don't have 1.2 million for a Vancouver luxury condo.  Housing prices here are probably foreign to you.  Not so bad as New York, but think maybe San Francisco?

Berry Sweet

Quote from: "Renee"
Quote from: "Mel Gibson"Condo's here don't have central air!  At least not "regular" condos.

I'm sure some expensive ultra-luxury condos do, but I'm not classy enough for those.

What do you mean you aren't classy enough? Don't you have an overpriced shotgun hanging on your wall?  ac_umm

don't forget the salt and pepper shakers too!!

Renee

Quote from: "Mel Gibson"The Browning BPS Medallion?  Far from expensive.

No shit? But let's face it. If you pay more than $300 buck for a pump gun you paid too much.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Mel Gibson

It has a nice fit & finish, at least compared to Mossy or Rems.

Renee

Quote from: "Mel Gibson"It has a nice fit & finish, at least compared to Mossy or Rems.

Pump guns are utilitarian weapons. Fit and finish is generally not a concern.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Mel Gibson

I've owned a Maverick 88.  I can assure you fit & finish makes a difference.  At least it does to me...

Anonymous

I am happy you like your new air conditioner Mel Gibson.

ac_smile

Mel Gibson

Quote from: "Fashionista"I am happy you like your new air conditioner Mel Gibson.

ac_smile

I just ordered it today!

Bellingham HD will have it in for pickup in a couple of weeks...

Berry Sweet

I don't mind air conditioners, but too much in the summer starts giving me a cold...I prefer to have a bunch of fans blowing.  At night time, I put a big square fan in one of my windows and let the cool air blow in all night, then first thing in the morning I close all the windows.

Mel Gibson

I have fans also.  However, there are always those couple weeks here and there in the summer, when it just gets too much...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"I don't mind air conditioners, but too much in the summer starts giving me a cold...I prefer to have a bunch of fans blowing.  At night time, I put a big square fan in one of my windows and let the cool air blow in all night, then first thing in the morning I close all the windows.

I experience that too Berry Sweet.

Berry Sweet

The only thing I'd really like is a small portable plug in air conditioner...just for sleeping at night time...on very hot days LO can sleep in my bed or on an air matress in my room and close the bedroom door and just keep the single room air conditioned...sometimes when it's too hot at night its impossible to sleep...so only for that reason.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"The only thing I'd really like is a small portable plug in air conditioner...just for sleeping at night time...on very hot days LO can sleep in my bed or on an air matress in my room and close the bedroom door and just keep the single room air conditioned...sometimes when it's too hot at night its impossible to sleep...so only for that reason.

Are there air conditioners on interval timers?

That can turn on for thirty minutes and then shut off for thirty minutes?

Mel Gibson

Most have timers.

Remember though...  Every air conditioner has to be exhausted to the outside.

Berry Sweet

I don't know about timers...Im sure they must have something small you can plug in (that doesn't need to be exhausted) that can keep a rom a few degrees cooler than normal.