Last post: Today at 07:05:02 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by James Bond

Treatment for Pedophiles

Started by RW, July 20, 2015, 05:15:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"
Quote from: "Dove"
Quote from: "RW"You're talking about recovery.  What of those who have never offended?
 The offending isn't the illness. It's the symptom. You can live your life as dry drunk. You are sick, even though you are not using.

Which is why they should get treatment.
 And part of that treatment is accountability and integrity. Anything less is enabling.

RW

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "RW"You're talking about recovery.  What of those who have never offended?
 The offending isn't the illness. It's the symptom. You can live your life as dry drunk. You are sick, even though you are not using.

I hadn't thought of it that way Dove.

ac_umm
 With addictive destructive urges, the 'using' is the 30 percent tip of an iceburg. You can cut that tip (the using) off. But you still have that pesky 70 percent mass under the surface. This is a sort of cbt. The 12 steps are geared for this.  As long as the root remains, the weed is GONNA grow. It's a matter of time/circumstance/opportunity.

It's not addiction.  It shouldn't be treated like addiction either.
Beware of Gaslighters!

RW

And part of that treatment is accountability and integrity. Anything less is enabling.

You are seeing this issue through the eyes of an addict.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Dove is an addict?

:shock:

Anonymous

ac_umm
 With addictive destructive urges, the 'using' is the 30 percent tip of an iceburg. You can cut that tip (the using) off. But you still have that pesky 70 percent mass under the surface. This is a sort of cbt. The 12 steps are geared for this.  As long as the root remains, the weed is GONNA grow. It's a matter of time/circumstance/opportunity.

Oh yes it is. It falls right into text book love/sex addiction.   And addiction treatment works for this. This is not a 'seal orientation'. Thus is a serious illness that operates like an addiction. It is a sex addiction.

Anonymous

Dove is an addict?

Recovering heroin addict. Jesus healed me from addiction, depressions and anxiety in ten seconds lol.  Hence my faith.

Anonymous

Dove is an addict?

Recovering heroin addict. Jesus healed me from addiction, depressions and anxiety in ten seconds lol.  Hence my faith.

Our God is awesome.

RW

ac_umm

Oh yes it is. It falls right into text book love/sex addiction.   And addiction treatment works for this. This is not a 'seal orientation'. Thus is a serious illness that operates like an addiction. It is a sex addiction.

It's a paraphilic disorder.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Dove is an addict?

Our God is awesome.
By His stripes we are healed.

RW

Before we get all "YAY GOD" up in here, pedophilia is not classed as an addiction and should not be treated as one.  It requires a different set of treatment than addiction.

It also seems to require a heaping pile of public education.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Wulf

Quote from: "RW"Before we get all "YAY GOD" up in here, pedophilia is not classed as an addiction and should not be treated as one.  It requires a different set of treatment than addiction.

It also seems to require a heaping pile of public education.

So now we've gone from needing to treat them to needing to understand them? If it is a sexual preference as you claim, how is understanding them even possible? I don't think the how's and why's of sexual preferences can be explained. Theories abound but no one really knows what causes one person to be attracted to something while another isn't.

RW

I dunno Wulf.  I just think ignorance isn't helping the situation.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Romero

Pedophiles are the scum that scum scums on, but there's nothing wrong with trying to understand, treat and prevent. Just waiting until something happens isn't going to stop anything.

We try to understand rapists and murderers. It's not condoning or coddling them, it's just trying to figure out what to do about it.

RW

See I didn't realize that pedophiles are the afflicted where child molesters are those who have carried out their desires.  THOSE people are the scum of the earth.  I have to say that I view a prdophile who doesn't act on his impulses in a different light.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "Romero"Pedophiles are the scum that scum scums on, but there's nothing wrong with trying to understand, treat and prevent. Just waiting until something happens isn't going to stop anything.

We try to understand rapists and murderers. It's not condoning or coddling them, it's just trying to figure out what to do about it.

A dull razor to the cajones would be most effective.