Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 04:01:32 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Frood

Putting it to a vote...

Started by RW, February 09, 2016, 10:05:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Quote from: "Renee"
Quote from: "RW"Odi hasn't posted here in a while and it's been nice.  I agree he brings nothing to the party.

I do have a theory though that despite how annoying these fuckers are, people like/need to have some shithead to lay the beats to.  I could be wrong...

Odi is a complete and utter jerk as is Mel. Making them permanently gone would be a blessing.

As stated previously, people gravitate to RR to interact with shitheads. It's either boredom or a morbid fascination for drama......(probably a little of both) that draws them here.

I'm not exactly crazy about the concept but RR serves a necessary purpose and getting ride of it entirely would be a mistake.

There are too many potential problem children lurking around and you never know when they will make themselves known. I'm afraid having a place to quarantine the problems as they arise will be necessary for the foreseeable future.

Flaming and trolling for shits and giggles has never been my thing. But, some people find it entertaining. I agree that getting rid of RR would be a mistake.

RW

Why?  If we don't keep them then doesn't this become unnecessary?
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"Why?  If we don't keep them then doesn't this become unnecessary?

If would not turf them. But, even if you do there are other odi and Asian pride types ready to take their place.

Renee

Quote from: "RW"Why?  If we don't keep them then doesn't this become unnecessary?

What do you do with future trolls? Are you willing to permanently ban them? Or will it be another series of slaps on the wrist that do nothing in the long run?

I asked this question earlier in the thread and got no answer. That tells me you aren't reading the full thread or you are unwilling to commit to a decisive answer.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

RW

Or I'm in pain so I have been spending time stoned out of my tree so I missed it :P

I don't think starting off with permanent banning is the way to go.  I think punishing behaviour is a better approach and allowing people an opportunity to change is important.  I think RR offers a space where trolling posters can prove they aren't just distruptive assholes.  In the cases of Mel and Odi, they have been proven to just be disruptive assholes which is why I agree with shit canning them for good.  Chances were given so we know they don't truly want to participate but rather just disrupt.  Those chances have removed all doubt.

There are some types out there who are irritating but not as intentionally disruptive.  RDL was a good example.  He would post bomb laughing or silly comments which would turn people off.  He could get nasty but he wasn't so bad that it would warrant permabanning.  That's where RR comes in handy.  I also think it's a good place for members to slap each other even if just for fun.

I support keeping RR as it has a purpose beyond quarantining disruptive posters (temporarily or otherwise).  I do not support posters who are only here to cause disruption so I support removing Odinson and Mel for good.  That is my official personal position with a basis in my administrative experience.
Beware of Gaslighters!

RW

I don't know if I answered you or not though Renee.  Throw a shoe at me if I didn't.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Renee

Quote from: "RW"I don't know if I answered you or not though Renee.  Throw a shoe at me if I didn't.

You have given an acceptable answer and I agree 100%.

Keep RR as a playpen for the idiots and ban the ones that prove to be a chronic problem.

Isn't that what you are already doing? Again I can't figure out the purpose of this discussion. So far what you are doing works acceptably. Don't try to fix what ain't broke.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Anonymous

What do you do with future trolls? Are you willing to permanently ban them? Or will it be another series of slaps on the wrist that do nothing in the long run?

I asked this question earlier in the thread and got no answer. That tells me you aren't reading the full thread or you are unwilling to comit to a decisive answer.

Not all trolls are equal Renee..

But, to be clear,  you want to keep RR, but permanently ban the two posters that are confined to it?

Renee

Quote from: "Fashionista"

I asked this question earlier in the thread and got no answer. That tells me you aren't reading the full thread or you are unwilling to comit to a decisive answer.

Not all trolls are equal Renee..

But, to be clear,  you want to keep RR, but permanently ban the two posters that are confined to it?

I know they are not all created equal.

I'm taking about the chronic trouble makers. Those that refuse to behave and or are disruptive/distructive.

RW

I think the question people want answered Fash is why are we keeping them?  What do they contribute positively to the forum?  

I don't think justifying RR's existence is a positive contribution.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"I think the question people want answered Fash is why are we keeping them?  What do contribute positively to the forum?  

I don't think justifying RR's existence is a positive contribution.

Neither are here now..

I gave Odinson a week long break and Asian Pride is likely back on VF..

Can I assume you like it better now?

RW

Again Fash, sorry to hound but I'm sharing the questions.  Why are we keeping them? still hasn't been answered and to be honest, I don't know why we are.  You asked to have them back so they were let back but why is still what everyone is wondering.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"Again Fash, sorry to hound but I'm sharing the questions.  Why are we keeping them? still hasn't been answered and to be honest, I don't know why we are.  You asked to have them back so they were let back but why is still what everyone is wondering.

My point is that they are not back..

They haven't been officially sent away, but they are gone, so why do we talk as if they are still here?

RW

Quote from: "RW"Again Fash, sorry to hound but I'm sharing the questions.  Why are we keeping them? still hasn't been answered and to be honest, I don't know why we are.  You asked to have them back so they were let back but why is still what everyone is wondering.

They haven't been officially sent away, but they are gone, so why do we talk as if they are still here?

Mel is not banned.  Odi is banned for a week.  They will be back.  They will be back after that and after that and after that.  I don't know what they bring to the party.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"

Mel is not banned.  Odi is banned for a week.  They will be back.  They will be back after that and after that and after that.  I don't know what they bring to the party.

Mel does the drive by thing and I am selective about what Odi can post..

In my opinion we get upset over a post or two a week.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Is Alticus a dick sucking fairy? (answer is opposite of no):
Is the "D" in Django silent? Yes or No? (must be lower case):
spell bacon backwards with the first letter capitalized:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview