The best topic

Replies: 8392
Total votes: : 3

Last post: June 30, 2024, 10:21:37 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Shen Li

Putting it to a vote...

Started by RW, February 09, 2016, 10:05:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Bricktop

Why are you evading the question???

You have been asked why you feel the need to give succour to these trash mouthed buffoons, and yet you decline to tell us.

Is there something their presence brings that we don't know about? Are there benefits we cannot see?

I'll be honest...I cannot help but wonder of there is not some sort of conspiracy between you and Vesna that shares these apes between forums. It's a long shot, and I'll happily stand corrected...but its only due to the lack of any rational explanation as to why you feel this forum is a better place for their incessant inanity.

Please give us an explanation.

Anonymous

So, it's not this subbie that irks all of you, it's odinson and Mel Gibson.

RW

Beware of Gaslighters!

Bricktop

RW

Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "Mr Crowley"Why are you evading the question???

You have been asked why you feel the need to give succour to these trash mouthed buffoons, and yet you decline to tell us.

Is there something their presence brings that we don't know about? Are there benefits we cannot see?

I'll be honest...I cannot help but wonder of there is not some sort of conspiracy between you and Vesna that shares these apes between forums. It's a long shot, and I'll happily stand corrected...but its only due to the lack of any rational explanation as to why you feel this forum is a better place for their incessant inanity.

There's not a chance of a conspiracy between Fash and the owner of VF.

I will give you my answer to the question about what odi and Mel brings to this forum, that of course is nothing. In fact, there's a thread where Fash asks Odi directly what he brings to the forum or something like that.

But, I think it would be a bad decision to ban them. It's very hard for forums now to grow these days, and heavy handed mod decisions make it even harder. Just something to consider.

Anonymous

Quote from: "seoulbro"

I will give you my answer to the question about what odi and Mel brings to this forum, that of course is nothing. In fact, there's a thread where Fash asks Odi directly what he brings to the forum or something like that.

But, I think it would be a bad decision to ban them. It's very hard for forums now to grow these days, and heavy handed mod decisions make it even harder. Just something to consider.

There's a flip side to that. Do you want to risk losing Renee, Keeper, or Crow to keep a few bullshit posts a week?

Bricktop

So, you're saying the reason they do not grow is because they BAN assholes like this?

Or perhaps its because they DON'T ban assholes like this?

Anonymous

Quote from: "Mr Crowley"

So, you're saying the reason they do not grow is because they BAN assholes like this?

Or perhaps its because they DON'T ban assholes like this?

I am saying it's hard to grow now. I am saying you if you want to grow you may have to take a little water with your wine. The days of being super selective are over. Besides, they were corralled here anyway.

Renee

I don't think there is anything "heavy handed" about getting rid of problem posters.

Unless you consider sweeping up garbage to be "heavy handed".

Problem posters such as thread bombing, sexist pigs, like Odi or foul mouthed, threat makers like Mel or devious, little creeps like Dinky give off a bad vibe and turn forum members and or potential members into shadows. In other words they turn people off and discourage participation.

No person wants to be associated with a house full of fuckwits and deviants unless they, themselves are one.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

RW

Quote from: "Herman"

There's a flip side to that. Do you want to risk losing Renee, Keeper, or Crow to keep a few bullshit posts a week?

I would like to think all of those you mentioned aren't that precious as to leave because of Mel or Odi up here in RR.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"
Quote from: "Herman"

I would like to think all of those you mentioned aren't that precious as to leave because of Mel or Odi up here in RR.

You know these people better than I do, but they seem really unhappy with their continued presence. Unhappy regular posters become occasional posters.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Renee"

I don't think there is anything "heavy handed" about getting rid of problem posters.

Problem posters such as thread bombing, sexist pigs, like Odi or foul mouthed, threat makers like Mel or devious, little creeps like Dinky give off a bad vibe and turn forum members and or potential members into shadows. In other words they turn people off and discourage participation.

No person wants to be associated with a house full of fuckwits and deviants unless they, themselves are one.

I understand why you don't like odi, and Mel. And I was told why DD was banned. I had no time for any of them. But, making a small forum even smaller is not a growth strategy.

RW

Quote from: "Renee"

I understand why you don't like odi, and Mel. And I was told why DD was banned. I had no time for any of them. But, making a small forum even smaller is not a growth strategy.

You don't grow by keeping creeps around.  You attract more creeps.  See VF for details.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Is Alticus a dick sucking fairy? (answer is opposite of no):
Is the "D" in Django silent? Yes or No? (must be lower case):
spell bacon backwards with the first letter capitalized:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview