The best topic

Replies: 10404
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 08:47:48 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lokmar

Dear Vancouver

Started by RW, February 19, 2016, 02:13:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

reel

Quote from: "RW"
Quote from: "reel"
Quote from: "Romero"
Quote from: "RW"Is that not what Vancouver hipsters dress like?  Come on.  Deny it.

I've never seen a guy in Vancouver wearing pink jeans once in my entire life. How many guys in pink jeans did you see?

Well, to be fair, it's a rather blue shade of pink, isn't it?

edit:  oops.  I thought you were talking about the OP.

Anyway, I see those painted on type jeans in red, green, orange... every day.  Haven't seen pink, but I expect it's just a matter of time.

You better check with Romero before you "stereotype" your observation.  Also, make sure you note how everyone else who doesn't dress like a hipster asshole dresses so it validates your experience.

Getting it yet Ro?

I could walk down to the far end of the office and take a picture right now.  Everyone else, not dressed like a hipster, is dressed like an engineer - checkered shirt, bland slacks, sensible shoes.

RW

Quote from: "RW"Just saw one in the airport.  Grey tight jeans, tight green John Deere t-shirt, beard, toque.  

He said to say "HI" Romero.

In the airport? Must be a Vancouver hipster then. We never see anyone from out of town in the airport!

One, eh? Have you noticed the hundreds of others that aren't?

Is this thread about how other people dress?  No it isn't.
Beware of Gaslighters!

RW

Quote from: "RW"
Quote from: "RW"Is that not what Vancouver hipsters dress like?  Come on.  Deny it.

I've never seen a guy in Vancouver wearing pink jeans once in my entire life. How many guys in pink jeans did you see?

Well, to be fair, it's a rather blue shade of pink, isn't it?

edit:  oops.  I thought you were talking about the OP.

Anyway, I see those painted on type jeans in red, green, orange... every day.  Haven't seen pink, but I expect it's just a matter of time.

You better check with Romero before you "stereotype" your observation.  Also, make sure you note how everyone else who doesn't dress like a hipster asshole dresses so it validates your experience.

Getting it yet Ro?

I could walk down to the far end of the office and take a picture right now.  Everyone else, not dressed like a hipster, is dressed like an engineer - checkered shirt, bland slacks, sensible shoes.

You should so Romero can validate your experience.  LOL!
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"Just no.

http://cdn11.lbstatic.nu/files/looks/large/2014/04/04/3671974_open-uri20140404-8037-1ymkchl.jpg?1396620762">

Is that boy emaciated. Send him to work for me for a year and he'll have muscles in his shit.

reel

Quote from: "Herman"Is that boy emaciated. Send him to work for me for a year and he'll have muscles in his shit.

That sounds... dangerous.  Like an inverse hernia or something.  I like my shit muscle free.

Bricktop

Quote from: "Keeper"I like his shoes

I have a pair just like it.

You should try th...oh, wait...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Herman"Is that boy emaciated. Send him to work for me for a year and he'll have muscles in his shit.

That sounds... dangerous.  Like an inverse hernia or something.  I like my shit muscle free.

You kids today are soft. A little hard work, trips to the gym, lots of tattoos and red meat and he'll be ready for anything.

Anonymous

Quote from: "reel"Half the youth in my office dress that way (minus the devilishly charming Crowley man purse, which they probably only carry on weekends).

I have never worked in an office, but I have been in the shop ones when I worked directly for drilling and service rig contractors. Jeans on men and women, sleeves rolled up and shirts tucked in.

Bricktop

Ruffians.

What else would you expect with rig pigs...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Mr Crowley"Ruffians.

What else would you expect with rig pigs...

The water coolers are filled with your favorite aperitif---barrel wash.

reel

Quote from: "Herman"
Quote from: "reel"Half the youth in my office dress that way (minus the devilishly charming Crowley man purse, which they probably only carry on weekends).

I have never worked in an office, but I have been in the shop ones when I worked directly for drilling and service rig contractors. Jeans on men and women, sleeves rolled up and shirts tucked in.

Those are sort of transitional places where the office staff are still worried about the impression they make on the harder nosed shop floor guys.  In pure consulting offices you tend to see more of how they would dress in their natural habitats.  There is the occasional bowtie that makes an appearance.

Anonymous

Those are sort of transitional places where the office staff are still worried about the impression they make on the harder nosed shop floor guys.  In pure consulting offices you tend to see more of how they would dress in their natural habitats.  There is the occasional bowtie that makes an appearance.

I have been to the ivory towers in Calgary and Houston. I saw a lot of starched shirts that all looked the same. I imagine they saw a lesser form of life when they looked at me.

reel

I have been to the ivory towers in Calgary and Houston. I saw a lot of starched shirts that all looked the same. I imagine they saw a lesser form of life when they looked at me.

It's not like that either.  That's representative of the downtown crowd in Vancouver.  

We're either hipster or business dorky.

https://media.licdn.com/mpr/mpr/p/1/005/092/259/20fda7c.jpg">

Anonymous

It's not like that either.  That's representative of the downtown crowd in Vancouver.  

We're either hipster or business dorky.

https://media.licdn.com/mpr/mpr/p/1/005/092/259/20fda7c.jpg">

I saw people that were all dressed the same. Man, I do not like being in offices.

reel

It has it's perks if you are on top, but I tend to agree with you.