The best topic

Replies: 10395
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 12:27:42 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Sloan

Ask You Anything

Started by Bricktop, March 20, 2016, 06:41:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Herman"Blurt, have you tried bow hunting?

ac_toofunny  ac_lmfao

Renee

ac_wot
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Renee"

ac_wot

I thought he was an outdoorsman.

Renee

Quote from: "Herman"

ac_wot

I don't know, I think his fishnets will get snagged in the bushes. :laugh3:
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Blurt

I did.

But I can never find anything with lilac polka dots.
Aimin\' to misbehave.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Blurt"

I did.

huh?

Blurt

ac_wot

Well, to be imperfectly honest, Herman, rumours of my outdoorsmanship have been greatly exaggerated by two of the female posters in this thread.

They may have painted a picture of me that isn't entirely accurate.

I'm still a good enough sort, though.
Aimin\' to misbehave.

Anonymous

I did.

huh?

Herm may have been given some false info about Blurt by some trouble making poster. :43(2):

RW

I did.

HAHAHAHA!   ac_lmfao
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

@Blurt

What is your job?

Blurt

I'm a mental health outreach worker. Right now, I work as a night shift case worker at a shelter for the homeless in what I guess would be the equivalent of the DTES over your way.

On a daily basis, I try to help the mentally ill, the homeless, and drug addicts try to get their lives back on track.

We are also a service point for the local needle exchange program.

It's very rewarding work, but the pay grade sucks.
Aimin\' to misbehave.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Blurt"I'm a mental health outreach worker. Right now, I work as a night shift case worker at a shelter for the homeless in what I guess would be the equivalent of the DTES over your way.

On a daily basis, I try to help the mentally ill, the homeless, and drug addicts try to get their lives back on track.

How are you invested? Perhaps I can show you how to make what money you earn work for you.

Just kidding Blurt. Your profession is very commendable. :smiley_thumbs_up_yellow_ani:

Twenty Dollars

Quote from: "Blurt"I'm a mental health outreach worker. Right now, I work as a night shift case worker at a shelter for the homeless in what I guess would be the equivalent of the DTES over your way.

Thanks for doing it.  :thumbup:

Anonymous

A challenging job Blurt.

Dove has a job where she gets attached to the people she is hired to care for too.

Blurt

She does?

Not entirely sure who Dove is, but good for her.

There's a risk, though, in coiling your emotions around a client/user/patient who's part of a fragile clientele, in that the person is here one day and gone the next. That can be crushing. Especially when you've known a person over a span of years and in a fairly intimate way. I've had to deal with suicide (in my mental health outreach job), death from natural causes (when I was toiling as an outreach worker for senior citizens), and the disappearing acts drug addicts pull when they fall off the wagon. Yes, you get attached, but you have to heed the little voice in your head that cautions you to remain disinterested (not uninterested, but disinterested). It's also the only sane way to deal with issues of transference and counter-transference. A fine line to walk.
Aimin\' to misbehave.