Total votes: : 3

Last post: July 02, 2024, 02:46:34 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Sloan

Worst Medical Procedure

Started by RW, July 04, 2016, 07:33:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chuck wagon

Quote from: "chuck wagon"Lumbar puncture aka Spinal Tap

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lumbar_puncture">//https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lumbar_puncture

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meningitis">//https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meningitis

RW

Beware of Gaslighters!

Love Blob

Myself?  Nothing much, really!  

Had my nose broken in a highschool fight.  Pretty easy to deal with.

The most painful thing I've had happen?  Fractured a bone in my wrist falling from a tree-fort when I was around 12 or so.  The problem with fractured wrist-bones, is that they cannot really do anything about it.  The most painful thing I've ever experienced.

JOE

Quote from: "RW"Don't ruin my thread please.

Wasn't trying to.

It was an honest question.

How does somebody's rib or an impression of it, end up on someone else's tibia? This is the location of the tibia:

http://www.innerbody.com/anatomy-images/Tibia.png">http://www.innerbody.com/anatomy-images/Tibia.png

So it mustve been the result of a contact sport....maybe tackle football?

Twenty Dollars

Quote from: "Renee"
Quote from: "RW"
Quote from: "Twenty Dollars"Had my aorta replaced. Defective from  birth. 50 years later. Made me young again.

Your aorta or your aortic valve?

Just go with it. :001_rolleyes:

Think yours is over worked?

kiebers

Quote from: "JOE"

Wasn't trying to.

It was an honest question.

How does somebody's rib or an impression of it, end up on someone else's tibia? This is the location of the tibia:

http://www.innerbody.com/anatomy-images/Tibia.png">http://www.innerbody.com/anatomy-images/Tibia.png

So it mustve been the result of a contact sport....maybe tackle football?

Non malignant fibrous tumors that ate the bone. Bone that was left was as thick as a sheet of typing paper. Broke the leg the day before 8th birthday. In surgery the day after 8th birthday. I never complained so no one knew there was an issue. I had lived with it since birth so I didn't know anything was wrong.  Follow up grafts done with my bone dust taken from each hip.
I've learned that if someone asks you a really stupid question and you reply by telling them what time it is, they'll leave you alone

kiebers

I've learned that if someone asks you a really stupid question and you reply by telling them what time it is, they'll leave you alone

Renee

Quote from: "Twenty Dollars"
Quote from: "Twenty Dollars"Had my aorta replaced. Defective from  birth. 50 years later. Made me young again.

Not according to my most recent echo-cardiogram and stress test.

Maybe you should've had the carotid artery in your neck replaced. Your's seems to be blocked.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Twenty Dollars

Maybe you should've had the carotid artery in your neck replaced. Your's seems to be blocked.

Carotid. Bet you had to google it? Howz yours? You are sort of a novelty to me. You do nutty things.

Renee

Carotid. Bet you had to google it? Howz yours? You are sort of a novelty to me. You do nutty things.

No I didn't have to Google it.

The common carotid runs from the aortal arch up thru the neck and feeds blood to the brain. Anyone who took Advanced Bio or Bio 2 in HS should know that.

Why do you say I "do nutty things"? What's so "nutty" about me?
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

cc

That's Joe's raison d'ĂȘtre

and the funny part is that he thinks he's helping threads
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

I have been very healthy so far..

I had stitches on my left hand and on my chin, but no other serious accidents.

Twenty Dollars

No I didn't have to Google it.

The common carotid runs from the aortal arch up thru the neck and feeds blood to the brain. Anyone who took Advanced Bio or Bio 2 in HS should know that.

Why do you say I "do nutty things"? What's so "nutty" about me?

Back now. Had to do my people watch/surf check bike ride. You did tell me about some things about your life that struck me as odd, no judgements tho. I like athletic women. Beyond this fact, I am only interested in the good things that life offers. Why not?

Annie

When I had my brain tumor removed.  At first the surgeon said they would have to go in by the top of my head, by cutting the top of my skull off. I freaked, had a panic attack, started crying.   The next morning he came to my bedside and said that he and another doctor were going to figure out another way. I worried for a few days until they said they would go through my nasal cavity while using a device that was measured and fit around my head.  They got it all after a week in hospital with meds to get the brain swelling down and then another week until I went home. it took over 3 months to recover.  Oh two days after surgery the nurse had me sitting up when a clear fluid started draining from my nose. It was my spinal fluid and I was not to be sitting up for at least a few days.  My tumor was called a Pituitary Adenoma and it was right in the middle of my brain behind my eye sockets.
Your mind is a garden. Your thoughts are the seeds. You can grow flowers or you can grow weeds.  ~ Anonymous

Hell on Wheels

Quote from: "Annie"When I had my brain tumor removed.  At first the surgeon said they would have to go in by the top of my head, by cutting the top of my skull off. I freaked, had a panic attack, started crying.   The next morning he came to my bedside and said that he and another doctor were going to figure out another way. I worried for a few days until they said they would go through my nasal cavity while using a device that was measured and fit around my head.  They got it all after a week in hospital with meds to get the brain swelling down and then another week until I went home. it took over 3 months to recover.  Oh two days after surgery the nurse had me sitting up when a clear fluid started draining from my nose. It was my spinal fluid and I was not to be sitting up for at least a few days.  My tumor was called a Pituitary Adenoma and it was right in the middle of my brain behind my eye sockets.

Damn!

Well, at least they didn't have to cut the top of your skull off!  Christ!

Did you, or your friends and family, notice any behavioural changes in you after they dug through your brain?