News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 8416
Total votes: : 3

Last post: July 02, 2024, 02:46:34 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Sloan

I went to Elementary School with a kid named Jeremy...

Started by Angry White Male, December 20, 2016, 11:09:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berry Sweet

Annie...I dont think your daughter is mentally handicapped...Im talking about those kids...the ones who can not control their behaviour and have tantrums and cant think for themselves...those particular kids are a set back and a distuption for an entire class.

Yes I agree that the school board is fucked...its not there for the kids...its there for a paycheque.

Annie

It is for the most part, Berry. Just like any other profession. Sadly most people are only in it for the paycheck and don't care about the the job really. The kids who disrupt need extra extra help but of course that will never happen because that will only take away from their paychecks.
Your mind is a garden. Your thoughts are the seeds. You can grow flowers or you can grow weeds.  ~ Anonymous

Berry Sweet

There is woman whose son is the same age as my kid and hes autistic...hes not advancing like the other children, he doesnt do some of the work the other kids do...such as math or write papers...basically school is a day care for him....im not particularly happy with that...he was in los class last year and he was a massive set back for all the kids...i made sure this boy was NOT in her class this year.  Its kids like him who should not be in a standard class.  This is what I mean when I say these kinds of kids will never get anywhere in life....i mean seriously...where would someone like that work?  I dont see people like him working anywhere.  This boy will most likely be on social assistance and be taken care of by someone in his day to day life.  THIS is what upsets me....i want my child to excel and im not willing to give it up to treat a retard who will never get anywhere, equally.  I dont care if it sounds rude or mean...its brutally honest.

Annie

I know what you mean, Berry. There needs to be a complete overhaul in every school district. The lack of proper fundamentals for kids in each area is lacking incredibly. They get funding for each kid but I don't believe they apply it to each kid in the area they need to.  There needs to be classes for kids who need the SEA and classes for kids who don't. How fn hard is that for them to understand, right?
Your mind is a garden. Your thoughts are the seeds. You can grow flowers or you can grow weeds.  ~ Anonymous

Annie

Oh, please don't don't use the word retard...it really hits hard at home with me  :wink:

Anonymous

Quote from: "Annie"

How do you KNOW they won't amount to anything? MY kid is "special needs", she was literally born dead, no heart beat or brain activity.  She started breathing on her own and is now a 21 year old high school graduate who co owns a new business with another "retard" in all natural organic, specialty made soaps. When my kid was in school from elementary right up to high school she got very little extra help from an SEA. There were never enough. I tutored at home too! In fact I taught her her entire grade 2 when she had multiple surgeries and couldn't attend school. She learned the entire Canadian map with the capitals in just under 2 weeks! She's 21 now, is fluent in self taught sign language (over 400 signs), a dog trainer/groomer and a co owner in a soap business.  My kid is no retard but to some people she is. If you ever meet her and see a retard, just take a moment to get to know her and see she's no retard.

Good for her Annie. :smiley_thumbs_up_yellow_ani:

RW

It does boil down to funding and under the Liberals, it has become far worse.  Schools and districts clamour to get students designated so they can get additional funds.  That's not to say they use them for those students.

Another thing the Liberals did was make it so teachers couldn't negotiate class size and composition.  This meant teachers who had special needs students couldn't lower the size of their class to manage those needs or limit the number of special needs students in their classes.  Special needs in this case meant students with learning disabilities like dyslexia, students who have hearing or sight issues, students with behavioural issues like ADHD, autistic students, to ALS sufferers and everything in between.

The other thing the Liberals have done is offload a lot of costs onto districts like insurance costs and carbon offsets (tax).  You add that to a funding model that funds per student when enrolment was declining in many districts and buildings are costing more to keep up and districts can't keep their heads above water.  Believe me, districts and teachers are just as pissed about what's being going on as parents.
Beware of Gaslighters!

GORDY GAMBINO

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"There is woman whose son is the same age as my kid and hes autistic...hes not advancing like the other children, he doesnt do some of the work the other kids do...such as math or write papers...basically school is a day care for him....im not particularly happy with that...he was in los class last year and he was a massive set back for all the kids...i made sure this boy was NOT in her class this year.  Its kids like him who should not be in a standard class.  This is what I mean when I say these kinds of kids will never get anywhere in life....i mean seriously...where would someone like that work?  I dont see people like him working anywhere.  This boy will most likely be on social assistance and be taken care of by someone in his day to day life.  THIS is what upsets me....i want my child to excel and im not willing to give it up to treat a retard who will never get anywhere, equally.  I dont care if it sounds rude or mean...its brutally honest.

He could always be a Pres if he is half black a full muslim and was born overseas.
RW = ANAL SIZE WHORE