The best topic

Replies: 8416
Total votes: : 3

Last post: July 02, 2024, 02:46:34 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Sloan

Canada Goose Jackets

Started by Aryan, January 05, 2017, 04:18:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 4 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

Quote from: "SCOUSE"
Quote from: "iron horse jockey"
Quote from: "SCOUSE"Is this brand big in Canada?  

It's recently caught on over here, but its expensive as fuck.  

£800 for a jacket, they are nice though....

http://images.flannels.com/images/products/60427303_l.jpg">

http://images.flannels.com/images/products/60427303_l_a1.jpg">

A week at an all inclusive beach front resort in the Caribbean is cheaper.

When you put it like that, buying one of those jackets seems a lot less of a good idea.   :laugh:

As kiebers wrote, you can get a warm winter coat without spending an arm and a leg. Holidays in tropical climes are important to me, brand names not at all.

Angry White Male

As a Canadian, this brand isn't really that common here amongst any regular people that I know, and isn't generally found in any box store due to the price.

Due to the fact that they're made here, and not in China, the prices are quite high.

I can see an Arctic explorer purchasing one, or even a Canadian living in colder parts of this country, but for an average Brit to spend that kind of money on a serious Winter jacket?  Purely a "status symbol" I would presume...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Angry White Male"As a Canadian, this brand isn't really that common here amongst any regular people that I know, and isn't generally found in any box store due to the price.

Due to the fact that they're made here, and not in China, the prices are quite high.

I can see an Arctic explorer purchasing one, or even a Canadian living in colder parts of this country, but for an average Brit to spend that kind of money on a serious Winter jacket?  Purely a "status symbol" I would presume...

They have lots of different coat styles and while some are cheaper than others they are all pretty expensive. I see people wearing them all the time. They are not in Sears, Bay, and definitely not Army Navy or Wally World. Cabelas sells them. I read they are opening flagship stores in Toronto and Manhattan.

Frood

Buy a cheap anorak wind shell that's water repellant and breathable and layer underneath with wool garments.  Much cheaper and comfortable.
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

Apparently, Canada Goose clothing is made here in Winnipeg.

Anonymous

Quote from: "iron horse jockey"Apparently, Canada Goose clothing is made here in Winnipeg.

That's good, but their coats are too expensive.

Angry White Male

Quote from: "Fashionista"That's good, but their coats are too expensive.

Only if you don't have the money.  BMW's are expensive also, but every second Asian that lives around here drives one...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Angry White Male"

Only if you don't have the money.  BMW's are expensive also, but every second Asian that lives around here drives one...

It depends how important certain brand names are to people and if you are willing to make sacrifices in other areas to have those brands.

Angry White Male

Fash!

You're obtaining an edge you've never possessed before!

That edge!

Anonymous

Quote from: "Angry White Male"Fash!

You're obtaining an edge you've never possessed before!

That edge!

Do you like it?

:icon_wink:

Angry White Male

Anonymous

Quote from: "Angry White Male"Yes!  It's sexy!

I see.

Frood

Quote from: "Fashionista"

It depends how important certain brand names are to people and if you are willing to make sacrifices in other areas to have those brands.

Some brands are better quality and are cheaper in the long run though most people seem to care more about the symbolism in a brand name. Their identity requires it.
Blahhhhhh...

Angry White Male

Quote from: "Fashionista"I see.

Now you're going to have to deal with being a sex object...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Fashionista"I see.

Now you're going to have to deal with being a sex object...

Not likely.