Replies: 8416
Total votes: : 3

Last post: July 02, 2024, 02:46:34 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Sloan

Canada Goose Jackets

Started by Aryan, January 05, 2017, 04:18:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Anybody that isn't a rich, decadent athlete or entertainer that wastes 800 British pounds on a coat deserves to be poor.

GORDY GAMBINO

Its gortex so what.

Any ski shop will sell a better one for 200 bucks less if ya steal it.
RW = ANAL SIZE WHORE

Anonymous

Quote from: "GORDY GAMBINO"Its gortex so what.

Any ski shop will sell a better one for 200 bucks less if ya steal it.

A lot of popular items are a big fat so what. So what.

Angry White Male

Now, garment manufacturing isn't my business...

However, for a quality made Winter jacket that is actually made in Canada, and secondly produced not so much for the general public that shop big box stores, but for people that need a serious Winter coat for their profession...

You AREN'T going to find that for $79.99 on the discount rack.

Angry White Male

Certain high quality items aren't cheap, and one must weigh how much they need it, compared to how much they cost.

My Breathalyzer cost me close to $1,000 CDN, when all was said and done with shipping, handling and taxes.  This also included an actual SCUBA tank filled with a mixture that I can feed through the device to ensure it is calibrated correctly.

If you want an item that's up to certain standards, you will pay dearly for it.

If you can afford to purchase these items, then no problem!

If you cannot, there are cheaper alternatives available...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Angry White Male"Now, garment manufacturing isn't my business...

However, for a quality made Winter jacket that is actually made in Canada, and secondly produced not so much for the general public that shop big box stores, but for people that need a serious Winter coat for their profession...

You AREN'T going to find that for $79.99 on the discount rack.

My husband's coat keeps him warm and is under one hundred dollars.

Angry White Male

And where your husband works, Fash, he may just be fine with that!

Some people need a higher quality item, for whatever reason, and their condition and position requires them to purchase outside of Wal Mart...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Angry White Male"And where your husband works, Fash, he may just be fine with that!

Some people need a higher quality item, for whatever reason, and their condition and position requires them to purchase outside of Wal Mart...

He is a shop manager and field superintendent for a specialized oilfield service company..

He's inside more than he's outside though.

Angry White Male

I understand that he might not need the quality.

I just bought a rain jacket (Viking Brand) with hood.  I've owned this brand before, and find it to be quite durable.

It also satisfies visibility requirements at the sites that I work at...  Some sites don't give a shit what I have on when I step out of the cab, but most do!

I spent $120 on a rain jacket that's approved by WorkSafeBC here...  It's not lined with nothing!

Anonymous

Quote from: "Angry White Male"I understand that he might not need the quality.

I just bought a rain jacket (Viking Brand) with hood.  I've owned this brand before, and find it to be quite durable.

It also satisfies visibility requirements at the sites that I work at...  Some sites don't give a shit what I have on when I step out of the cab, but most do!

I spent $120 on a rain jacket that's approved by WorkSafeBC here...  It's not lined with nothing!

My husband's company provides him with Helly Hansen rain coats and insulated, fire retardant coveralls if he needs to go to a jobsite.

Angry White Male

The company eats the costs!

You may be surprised what some of those fire retardant suits cost!

Nonetheless, if you need to wear one for your profession, you have to have one!

Anonymous

Quote from: "Angry White Male"The company eats the costs!

You may be surprised what some of those fire retardant suits cost!

Nonetheless, if you need to wear one for your profession, you have to have one!

The summer Nomex coveralls are expensive..

The winter ones are very expensive..

I have washed them both.

Angry White Male

Anonymous

Quote from: "Angry White Male"Fash, you are a good wife!

There's special about me Mel.

Angry White Male

I think that you aren't as happy as you should be, Fash.  It's none of my business, but I do notice a 'vibe'...