Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 06:52:17 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Frood

Flat Earth Conspiracy

Started by Aryan, January 27, 2017, 04:59:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Quote from: "Blurt"Late, I guess.

Got home just over an hour before that post.

Having trouble wrapping my head around my new schedule... just started working swing shifts this week (11 am to 11 pm) as opposed to graveyards, as I've been doing for the past year (9 pm to 7 am).

It's an adjustment, all right.

I have never had to work throughout the night, but I have worked late when I was a waitress..

I've heard people who work overnight  say they feel tired all the time.

Bricktop

Night shift used to wreck me, and was one of the reasons I lost enthusiasm for police work.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"Night shift used to wreck me, and was one of the reasons I lost enthusiasm for police work.

I read night shift work reduces lifespans by five to ten years.

Bricktop

Yes. It impacts on health, that's for sure.

Blurt

Well, it's over with now. Did it for just over 11 months. I've paid my dues. Thing is, there's a lot of action overnight; they'll have to figure out a way to staff the place consistently at that time (I was the only one covering the shift over the past year). They're thinking of hiring security guards (I recommended they avoid that option--security guards are not known for their ability to de-escalate a crisis situation). We'll see.

But, for the first time in many a month, I've actually been sleeping for six to eight hours at a time, straight through. What a goddamned relief!
Aimin\' to misbehave.

cc

Kudos for sticking it out .. and for helping.

EDIT: OOPS went to page top .. looks like I'm crediting you with helping save us from falling off the edge of the earth .. which figuratively speaking is in effect is what you are doing for many
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: "Blurt"Well, it's over with now. Did it for just over 11 months. I've paid my dues. Thing is, there's a lot of action overnight; they'll have to figure out a way to staff the place consistently at that time (I was the only one covering the shift over the past year). They're thinking of hiring security guards (I recommended they avoid that option--security guards are not known for their ability to de-escalate a crisis situation). We'll see.

But, for the first time in many a month, I've actually been sleeping for six to eight hours at a time, straight through. What a goddamned relief!

I take for granted that I'm fortunate enough to have a job that allows me to keep regular sleep patterns..

Thank you to you, Bricktop and IHJ for reminding us of all those unsung heroes who sacrifice sleep for work.

:smiley_thumbs_up_yellow_ani:

Bricktop

Gracias, senora.

Humans were not designed to work through the night. Criminals, on the other hand, need to work under the cover of darkness.

Blazor

Quote from: "Bricktop"Gracias, senora.

Humans were not designed to work through the night. Criminals, on the other hand, need to work under the cover of darkness.

I dont know, I use to think I was lunar powered when I worked nights. Was much more productive, more energy, would spring out of bed in the afternoon. Of course everything was closed when I got off, and nothing on tv, and couldnt fall asleep til the sun came up, and had to miss doing stuff with everyone on the weekend. All that did suck. I HATE getting out of bed so early, but I dont like to sleep in if ya follow me. We were not designed to get up before the sun comes up either lol.
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Bricktop

That's even worse.

But if the Earth is flat, shouldn't we be in constant day, or constant night?

Berry Sweet

I'm into the dementions thing here...I dont give a shit if the earth is flat or not...bit there is something bigger at work here.. something is not right with our current world...theres something more going on, something huge!

I'm tired of the debate of flat earth or not...but I am questioning those who are so dead set in their beliefs....have you left the planet? How ma y people have left the planet?

Anonymous

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"I'm into the dementions thing here...I dont give a shit if the earth is flat or not...bit there is something bigger at work here.. something is not right with our current world...theres something more going on, something huge!

I'm tired of the debate of flat earth or not...but I am questioning those who are so dead set in their beliefs....have you left the planet? How ma y people have left the planet?

Who cares. Do you wanna sit on my knee and drink some barrel wash.

Frood

Every other planet is a sphere. Why does Earth get to be a table mat?
Blahhhhhh...

Berry Sweet

Quote from: "Herman"
Quote from: "Berry Sweet"I'm into the dementions thing here...I dont give a shit if the earth is flat or not...bit there is something bigger at work here.. something is not right with our current world...theres something more going on, something huge!

Who cares. Do you wanna sit on my knee and drink some barrel wash.

I think it's an interesting concept.  I'm actually starting to believe theres something interdementional going on here.  I believe as humans we can function at a higher conciousness and all that pizzazz.

Sorry dear I gave up booze.  It's been 42 days since I drank any alcohol at all.  I'm doing a serious lifestyle change.  No smokes either.  Now I'm working slowly on cutting out certain products from my diet.

Berry Sweet

Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"Every other planet is a sphere. Why does Earth get to be a table mat?

If Earth really is flat, then that means it would have to be an infinate plane and everything beyond the flat earth would be an illusion.