The best topic

Replies: 8485
Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 05:56:05 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

Blazor

Started by Anonymous, March 16, 2017, 10:17:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Frood

Quote from: "Adolf Oliver Bush" post_id=505299 time=1688535538 user_id=3409
Quote from: Herman post_id=505211 time=1688511858 user_id=3396

But, why do so many Chinks vote Conservative and so many Frenchman do not?

Because frogs are cunts maybe? I dunno... they all seem to want to do everything backwards to the way the english speaking population do. I could always tell when a frog electrician had been working on a place in Ottawa, all the power outlets were wired up upside down.

Must be part of my problem....  :laugh:
Blahhhhhh...

DKG

Quote from: Herman post_id=505302 time=1688536722 user_id=3396
I think I may have found it. Long time Richmond area Conservative MP's like Alice Wong and Kenny Chiu were defeated in the last election. A lot of mainland Chinese voters that normally vote Conservative just did not vote. Hong Kong and Taiwan Chinese still voted and usually Conservative, but they are a small minority now of Chinese Canadians.

Kenny Chiu says there's no single reason for his loss, but points to online WeChat posts he says contained false information about the Conservatives and allegations a private member's bill to create a foreign influence registry would discriminate against Chinese Canadians.

https://nationalpost.com/opinion/karen-woods-tories-failed-to-reach-out-to-chinese-canadians-and-suffered-because-of-it">https://nationalpost.com/opinion/karen- ... ause-of-it">https://nationalpost.com/opinion/karen-woods-tories-failed-to-reach-out-to-chinese-canadians-and-suffered-because-of-it

The Conservative party shares a long and special relationship with Chinese-Canadians.

In 1957, Douglas Jung became the first Canadian member of Parliament of Chinese heritage under the Progressive Conservative party. The Diefenbaker government then ended the racist Chinese Exclusion Act through the Chinese Adjustment Statement Program that granted amnesty status to Chinese immigrants and their children who had been born in Canada.

Chinese-Canadian voters have always leaned towards the Conservative party due to its positions on low taxation, limited government spending, pro-business policies, family values and strong law enforcement. Chinese-Canadians have voted for the Conservative party in large numbers in the past three federal elections, according to a study done by the Canadian Chinese Political Affairs Committee. But in this federal election, that vote collapsed.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/politics/china-may-have-tried-to-discourage-canadians-from-voting-conservative-federal-unit-1.5959464">https://www.ctvnews.ca/politics/china-m ... -1.5959464">https://www.ctvnews.ca/politics/china-may-have-tried-to-discourage-canadians-from-voting-conservative-federal-unit-1.5959464

China may have tried to discourage Canadians from voting Conservative: federal unit

I noticed that in the last election here in Ontario too. All Chinese Canadians, from China proper plus HK and Taiwan have long been part of the base of the Tory party going back decades with the old PC party. But, in 2021, the China proper part of the Chinese Canadian population did not come out and vote for the Tories. The Conservatives must get those voters back if they are going to beat Trudeau in the next election.

Blazor

Quote from: "Shen Li" post_id=505287 time=1688528395 user_id=3389
Quote from: Blazor post_id=505285 time=1688526945 user_id=2221

Nope lol, totally different field. My attention to detail though I think helped me get this job.

Don't leave us in suspense. What is your new job?

Nothing fancy lol, production work on an assembly line. I'd say what Im producing, but it might reveal where Im at lol.
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

formosan

Congrtualations on finding a better job closer to home Blazor.

ac_smile
too old to be a fashionista

Blazor

Quote from: formosan post_id=505372 time=1688578756 user_id=3391

ac_smile

Thanks!

This place Im at right now, jus told me they cant find anyone wanting to work this job, and they will have to close up shop on Monday, if I leave this Friday.

Melson Gibson

Quote from: Blazor post_id=505377 time=1688579220 user_id=2221
Thanks!

This place Im at right now, jus told me they cant find anyone wanting to work this job, and they will have to close up shop on Monday, if I leave this Friday.

That is good.  The market dictating conditions.  Far too long have business owners used their business as a passive investment.  The owner can come in and do the work himself if he wants it done.

formosan

ac_smile

Thanks!

Oh my, they are trying to guilt you into staying.
too old to be a fashionista

Blazor

Quote from: "Melson Gibson" post_id=505379 time=1688579437 user_id=3397
The owner can come in and do the work himself if he wants it done.

They dont know how  :laugh:

Blazor

Quote from: formosan post_id=505381 time=1688579869 user_id=3391

Thanks!

Yup.

Aint gonna work on me.

Odinson

Quote from: Blazor post_id=505395 time=1688583090 user_id=2221
Quote from: formosan post_id=505381 time=1688579869 user_id=3391

Yup.

Aint gonna work on me.

You are heartless!

DKG

Quote from: Blazor post_id=505356 time=1688569213 user_id=2221

Nothing fancy lol, production work on an assembly line. I'd say what Im producing, but it might reveal where Im at lol.

You have said enough. We do not need to know anything more.

I will ask if there extended medical, dental, and prescription drug benefits with your new employer?

Herman

ac_smile

Thanks!

They should have thought about that a few years ago. They only realize your value when you find a job that pays a living wage. I say fuck em. Let em go out of business. They brought it on themselves.

Melson Gibson

Quote from: Herman post_id=505416 time=1688598199 user_id=3396
They should have thought about that a few years ago. They only realize your value when you find a job that pays a living wage. I say fuck em. Let em go out of business. They brought it on themselves.

Yep.  Had a buddy that for six years worked reliably for a company, but wanted better pay & benefits, so he found it with another employer.  Only once he put his two weeks notice in, did they decide to discuss an improved wage package with him.

He told them to go fuck themselves.

Oerdin

That is the way to do it.

Shen Li

Quote from: Blazor post_id=505356 time=1688569213 user_id=2221

I hope it works out for you.