Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 06:52:17 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Frood

Seeing pictures of other posters

Started by Frood, December 14, 2017, 12:27:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bricktop

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Bricktop"Just checked. Nope. Great grandpa left before 1920.

They left Poland for Britain?

Yes.

It was common in those days, as England and Poland had strong and long serving cultural and political ties for centuries.

Many Poles went to Britain, and also the US. Not quite sure why, but I assume it was to seek a better life.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"
Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Bricktop"Just checked. Nope. Great grandpa left before 1920.

They left Poland for Britain?

Yes.

It was common in those days, as England and Poland had strong and long serving cultural and political ties for centuries.

Many Poles went to Britain, and also the US. Not quite sure why, but I assume it was to seek a better life.

Britain is their favourite destination for work in the EU?

Bricktop

Yes...it seems so...but even before the EU and the Communist scourge, many Poles emigrated to the UK and anglicised their names. I believe my ancestral name, Radciewicz, was often converted to "Richards" or "Richardson". No clue why. Poles often simply pick a new surname and change it because they like the name. Great Grandpa did that.

Bricktop

Ever see those figureheads at the front of ships. Here's a collection from Greenwich, London.

https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3742/18462091843_84c0cd9fde_z.jpg">

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"Ever see those figureheads at the front of ships. Here's a collection from Greenwich, London.

https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3742/18462091843_84c0cd9fde_z.jpg">

ac_toofunny

Frood

:laugh:

THAT explains the big stick up his arse on here.
Blahhhhhh...

Bricktop

Well, come on, boy. Post your pic?

Wassamatta? Scared?

Frood

See? Big stick up bum on cue!  ac_biggrin
Blahhhhhh...

Bricktop

Whatever the fuck that means...you know, I think you're getting sillier and sillier...

Frood

I'm actually quite the serious and reflective sort of person.

(With silly leanings tho)
Blahhhhhh...

Bricktop

And sharing the account too, I see.

Frood

Blahhhhhh...

Bricktop

No. Just constantly perplexed as to why you persist with your childish charade.

Frood

Quote from: "Bricktop"No. Just constantly perplexed as to why you persist with your childish charade.

Childish charade like you're a clean minded, respectful, and well meaning person online or off?

I've seen the Wayback Machine stuff. If you had a wife, she would have left you years ago. I would have without a doubt.
Blahhhhhh...

Bricktop

Well, I'm sure not the meat in a bitch sandwich. How are Flea and Feral these days?