The best topic

Replies: 10395
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 12:27:42 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Sloan

Gillette's New "Toxic Masculinity" ad-is "toxic masculinity" a real problem or is this just toxic political correctness?

Started by Wazzzup, January 15, 2019, 12:56:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Blazor

Quote from: "Herman"My son didn't have me around. I was all over the world drilling for oil. I always sent lots of cash back to my ex. My boy never had to do without anything.

With your job, I totally understand, and also understand both of your sufferings whole heartedly. For me I just did without lol. But that was ok!
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Blazor"
Quote from: "Herman"My son didn't have me around. I was all over the world drilling for oil. I always sent lots of cash back to my ex. My boy never had to do without anything.

With your job, I totally understand, and also understand both of your sufferings whole heartedly. For me I just did without lol. But that was ok!

Your grandmother helped raise you Blazor?

Blazor

Quote from: "Fashionista"

Well, here we go.... my mom had me shortly after she was 16, my mom and dad went out of state and got married, he was 22. When I was one year old they got divorced, and supposedly my mom rode off on a motorcycle with some dude, and my dad went his way, and I got dropped with my great grandparents. I stayed with them on weekdays, and my great aunt on the weekends, til I was 5. Then my mom took me back and we lived in black poverty areas. I had multiple stepdads. The last one was a mean drunk, and we almost got into it a lot of times cause of how he treated mom. She got rid of him after 6-7 years. Eventually my mom kicked me out when I turned 18 over something stupid, in the middle of the night in January in my senior year. She committed suicide or was murdered when I was 23.

Anonymous

Well, here we go.... my mom had me shortly after she was 16, my mom and dad went out of state and got married, he was 22. When I was one year old they got divorced, and supposedly my mom rode off on a motorcycle with some dude, and my dad went his way, and I got dropped with my great grandparents. I stayed with them on weekdays, and my great aunt on the weekends, til I was 5. Then my mom took me back and we lived in black poverty areas. I had multiple stepdads. The last one was a mean drunk, and we almost got into it a lot of times cause of how he treated mom. She got rid of him after 6-7 years. Eventually my mom kicked me out when I turned 18 over something stupid, in the middle of the night in January in my senior year. She committed suicide or was murdered when I was 23.

:ohmy:

JOE

Toxic masculinity is a problem

There sure is a lot of it in Fashionista's forum

Her presence is badly needed in order to 'detoxify' it thats fer sure!

Otherwise all the toxic angry men here would be slitting each others throats and thered ve blood everywhere!

Blazor

And I still turned out alright!  :tease:

:laugh:

Theres more where that comes from, I feel like Job sometimes lol. But I keep smiling!  :35ivrxd:  and  :Ghelyon:  and  ac_drinks  help  :laugh:

Anonymous

Quote from: "Wazzzup"
Quote from: "Herman"
I forgot what mansplaining was. It's one of those terms made up by prog academics to shame white males. Kind of like white fragility.

The main definition I found was--

Mansplaining is supposedly when a man explains something to a woman that she already knows, often in a condescending tone.

The commercial did a variation that feminists claim happens--a woman at a business meeting says something then a man interprets it.

of course this is like most of the list--attributing a negative behavior that exists in all as the exclusive property of men.  There are certainly overbearing, bossy, know-it-all women out there just as there are men.

Particularly white men.

Odinson

Blazor

Quote from: "Odinson"Balzor might have had some other male rolemodel..

Like his grandpa..

Or some local guys...

Well, my great grandpa didnt talk too much, and kept in his basement working the press, he died early on. My mom's dad, I only met maybe 5 times, and havent seen him in 20 years, and doubt hes alive. My dads dad I only got to see a handful of times too, since the divorce early on I didnt get to see much of my dads side til I started driving. I was mostly raised by women. BUT, my grandma on my moms side was married to a woman and thought she was grandpa lol. She is schitzo, but I liked the grandpa side. Also my great aunt, she was more a man than most men I know. She was on her own all her life, raised horses, goats, chickens, a garden, worked her ass off, you name it. Still rode her motorcycle into her mid 60s til she had to sell it for money. Fuck my sister for that shit.

Odinson

Quote from: "Odinson"Balzor might have had some other male rolemodel..

Like his grandpa..

Or some local guys...

Well, my great grandpa didnt talk too much, and kept in his basement working the press, he died early on. My mom's dad, I only met maybe 5 times, and havent seen him in 20 years, and doubt hes alive. My dads dad I only got to see a handful of times too, since the divorce early on I didnt get to see much of my dads side til I started driving. I was mostly raised by women. BUT, my grandma on my moms side was married to a woman and thought she was grandpa lol. She is schitzo, but I liked the grandpa side. Also my great aunt, she was more a man than most men I know. She was on her own all her life, raised horses, goats, chickens, a garden, worked her ass off, you name it. Still rode her motorcycle into her mid 60s til she had to sell it for money. Fuck my sister for that shit.

Did they try to turn you into the ultimate gentleman? ac_biggrin

Anonymous

That's quite the story Blaze. My parents are divorced now too. But, I was in my late 20's when they split. My dad remarried. My step-mother is three years older than me.

Blazor

Quote from: "Odinson"
Did they try to turn you into the ultimate gentleman? ac_biggrin

Honestly not really, but I give credit for my manners to my Great Grandma lol. Mostly let me be me. I lived in a lot of different environments too.

Blazor

Quote from: "Shen Li"
That's quite the story Blaze. My parents are divorced now too. But, I was in my late 20's when they split. My dad remarried. My step-mother is three years older than me.

And I thought I was bad with a gf thats 8 years older than my son lol.

I honestly dont know if my life was better since I wasnt raised by my dad or what. I've been told it was for the better. But I also didnt learn a lot of man stuff I feel as if I should of been taught. Kinda figured things out on my own. My mom would have different men growing up, so her attention would then be on them. I pretty much was too my room or outside a lot. Except Friday night, we always had Pizza Hut and Pepsi with movies we would rent. Most of my best child hood memories were with my Great Aunt. When shes gone that one will hurt the most.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Shen Li"

And I thought I was bad with a gf thats 8 years older than my son lol.

I honestly dont know if my life was better since I wasnt raised by my dad or what. I've been told it was for the better. But I also didnt learn a lot of man stuff I feel as if I should of been taught. Kinda figured things out on my own. My mom would have different men growing up, so her attention would then be on them. I pretty much was too my room or outside a lot. Except Friday night, we always had Pizza Hut and Pepsi with movies we would rent. Most of my best child hood memories were with my Great Aunt. When shes gone that one will hurt the most.

My dad bought her fake tits with my inheritance money. :mad:

My parents never really had a good marriage. I shouldn't be surprised they eventually split. They stayed together for me.  They had separate bedrooms for years.

They worked their asses off after we came to Canada. They did it to give me a good life. Now, my mother lives with me and I can spoil her a bit.