The best topic

Replies: 10534
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 01:49:51 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Cyrus

A new respiratory illness, not SARS, appears in China

Started by Anonymous, January 06, 2020, 08:41:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 13 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Fashionista"I know Shen Li, she isn't a day trader, she's a bargain hunter..

I don't know what she bought, but whatever it is she'll hold onto them until they are worth more.....she's only thirty five, so maybe decades.

I don't sell period. At this stage in my life I buy and hold. I bought some stocks when the TSX was at 8900 and the Dow at 11,300. The TSX closed yesterday at 14,950 and the Dow at at 25,000. All the stocks I bought in 2008 are worth more today even in a global pandemic.

cc

I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc"I always  go by what my smart jewish family advises  ac_biggrin

You are a bad Jewish girl CC. ac_drinks

cc

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc"Joe, you have never owned a stock in your life.

Being driven by hate and jealousy of others you are a special kind of dumb

A guy who has never invested a dollar in his life is giving tips on how to retire with money. What is next, the sixty year old virgin giving tips to get laid.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Herman"What is next, the sixty year old virgin giving tips to get laid.

In your younger days it was bend over and spread your asscheeks as far and wide as possible, right?

Anonymous

cc

Quote from: "Herman"

A guy who has never invested a dollar in his life is giving tips on how to retire with money. What is next, the sixty year old virgin giving tips to get laid.

He is hilarious to watch

Between him and the stupid wannabe kra-t, our 2 special Village Idiots, I  get all the comedy I can take

I often think of them and chuckle as I light my candles  ac_biggrin

Anonymous

Omar, AOC and other traitors in congress are behind this. Trump has been swift to protect Americans, while our pm has done nothing to prepare for the coming coronavirus meltdown in Canada.

Veto the Democrats playing politics with people's health.

QuoteTrump Administration Threatens Veto Of Democrats' No Ban Act Amid Coronavirus Fears

The Trump administration, citing national security concerns, issued a veto warning against a Democratic bill that would rescind the president's travel ban.

The White House issued a public warning to congressional leaders Tuesday, announcing that if the No Ban Act were to land on President Donald Trump's desk, his advisers have recommended he veto the legislation. The No Ban Act was introduced by House Democrats seeking to reverse the president's travel ban on several countries deemed by the administration to be high risk.

"[The No Ban Act] would harm the national security of the United States. Notably, the President's authority to restrict travel into the United States has been central to the Administration's ongoing efforts to safeguard the American people against the spread of COVID-19," the statement continued. "At a minimum, [the legislation] would cause dangerous delays that threaten the safety, security, and health of the American people."

https://dailycaller.com/2020/03/11/trump-veto-democrats-coronavirus-ban-act/?utm_source=&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=12212">https://dailycaller.com/2020/03/11/trum ... aign=12212">https://dailycaller.com/2020/03/11/trump-veto-democrats-coronavirus-ban-act/?utm_source=&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=12212

Anonymous

Quote from: "Fashionista"I know Shen Li, she isn't a day trader, she's a bargain hunter..

I don't know what she bought, but whatever it is she'll hold onto them until they are worth more.....she's only thirty five, so maybe decades.

Sometimes it's beneficial to hold onto stocks.

But in other situations it's better to be a Day Trader.

And in the situation I cited, the latter would apply.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Guest"

Day trading is gambling, it's not investing for one's future which is obvious you've never done and don't understand.

Anonymous

Actually I didn't say anything of the sort.

I congratulated Shen Li on her good fortune.

i said to her at the time, "I salute you."

I never once slagged or put her down at that time.

But I did recommend to her to sell right away & put the profits inta the bank.

I also stated to another poster at SG that if they are to remain in the market, to sell 2/3 and keep just 33-40% invested.

Sometimes its good to hold & other times, especially in an unstable market, its best to sell.

I got that hunch after reading about the history of stock market crashes.

Prior to the 1929 stock market crash there were wild swings in the market.

It didn't crash immediately.

Investors actually did have time to get out.

But of course too many chose to stay invested for too long.

And this 2020 scenario appeared to fit that description.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Fashionista"

Day trading is gambling, it's not investing for one's future which is obvious you've never done and don't understand.

However I could see that it was a shitty ubstable market.

Not normal & especially toward the end if an 11 year bull market.

Well today that end was officiall anounced:

It's Official: The Dow is in a Bear Market

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/11/business/stock-market-today.html?action=click&module=Spotlight&pgtype=Homepage">https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/11/busi ... e=Homepage">https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/11/business/stock-market-today.html?action=click&module=Spotlight&pgtype=Homepage

QuoteSteep sell-off highlights fears that Washington's response won't be enough.

Stocks plunged on Wednesday, with the Dow Jones industrial average falling into a bear market, in a drop that reflected investors' fear that Washington won't be able to muster a response to the economic crisis triggered by the spreading coronavirus.

A bear market begins when stocks have fallen 20 percent from their high. Though it's a somewhat arbitrary threshold, in financial markets the designation acknowledges what many investors are surely feeling — that fear-based trading in the stock market may not end soon.

The last time stocks in the United States were in a bear market was during the height of the financial crisis, more than a decade ago.

The S&P 500 fell nearly 5 percent on Wednesday, while the Dow dropped nearly 6 percent. From its February high, the S&P 500 is down 19 percent, while the Dow is down 20 percent.

Stocks have whipsawed this week as investors vacillated between the threat that the coronavirus poses to the global economy and the hopes that governments around the world will unveil a series of measures to help businesses. On Wednesday, World Health Organization officials officially designated the spread of the coronavirus as a global pandemic.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Fashionista"

I know Joe is trolling, but it seems clear that people who aren't invested in markets like him are more worried about it than those of us who are. But, we don't panic when stocks are in correction territory and we don't jump on the bandwagon when markets are soaring as they were before the global outbreak of the coronavirus.

Airline stocks in particular are getting pummelled. I don't what investments Shen Li has, but she would be a damned fool if she she offloaded any airline stocks she may have. If anything, this is a time to take advantage of airline bargains. That's not something I'd recommend for someone Joe's age even if he had money to invest. But, Shen Li is in her mid thirties and has time on her side. Any investment she makes today will be worth a hell of a lot more when she is Joe's age.

cc

Well, he did take time to google "Bear Market"

and the 29 crash which has sweet fa to do with a virus propelled slide

Illness over, market back to what it was

put in 50 bucks joe, and it'll make you cheap hooker money when the illness period is over

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Is the "D" in Django silent? Yes or No? (must be lower case):
spell bacon backwards with the first letter capitalized:
Is Alticus a dick sucking fairy? (answer is opposite of no):
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview