The best topic

Replies: 10393
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 09:41:25 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by DKG

Medical situation on the skytrain

Started by Annie, November 21, 2013, 12:51:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

keeper

<<---- can you say STEAM BOAT hahahaha

Anonymous

Quote from: "Keeper"<<---- can you say STEAM BOAT hahahaha

Judging by your last two avs, I can see what occupies your mind. ;)

Odinson

Anonymous

Quote from: "Odinson"Your girl is a heroine.

Annie's daughter is a heroine.

Anonymous

Quote from: "seoulbro"
Quote from: "Odinson"Your girl is a heroine.

Annie's daughter is a heroine.

The city of Vancouver is fortunate to have girls like Annie's daughter riding public transit.

Annie

Thanks for the compliments :-) With the risk of having my head swell even more, I'd like to say, she also always gives up her seat to anyone who needs it, folds down the seats for people, opens doors, lets others go first and last week she bought a young man a meal from A&W because he hadn't eaten for almost 2 days and she had 5 bucks in her pocket. We've always taught our kids that no matter how poor you are, there is always someone else who has less and we should help them. In school, she would often be in "trouble" for giving away her food when all she was doing was helping other kids who didn't have a lunch. I always packed extra in they're lunches because every day there was always a kid who had nothing :-(  

When our son was in grade 4, he had a bully who would push his sister down and fight with him. One day he noticed this kid didn't have a lunch half the time so he sat next to him at lunch and put a sandwich and ding dong in front of the kid and said, can we eat lunch together? The kid never picked on him or our daughter again, they became friends instead :-)
Your mind is a garden. Your thoughts are the seeds. You can grow flowers or you can grow weeds.  ~ Anonymous

Anonymous

Quote from: "Annie"Thanks for the compliments :-) With the risk of having my head swell even more, I'd like to say, she also always gives up her seat to anyone who needs it, folds down the seats for people, opens doors, lets others go first and last week she bought a young man a meal from A&W because he hadn't eaten for almost 2 days and she had 5 bucks in her pocket. We've always taught our kids that no matter how poor you are, there is always someone else who has less and we should help them. In school, she would often be in "trouble" for giving away her food when all she was doing was helping other kids who didn't have a lunch. I always packed extra in they're lunches because every day there was always a kid who had nothing :-(  

When our son was in grade 4, he had a bully who would push his sister down and fight with him. One day he noticed this kid didn't have a lunch half the time so he sat next to him at lunch and put a sandwich and ding dong in front of the kid and said, can we eat lunch together? The kid never picked on him or our daughter again, they became friends instead :-)

You should be so very proud Ms. Annie..

These are the kind of selfless, thoughtful acts that I am trying to instill in my own children..

I wish your daughter lived in Calgary near us...she would be a lovely role model for my own children.

Annie

She's really good with little kids too, all she does is play with them, barbies, my little pony, littlest pet shop. She now has a full time babysitting job for a 12 year old, which is perfect because she likes the same things and she's super responsible and best thing is she doesn't have to cook but she cleans and does dishes and she gets payed for that too.  Tomorrow she's going to a soup kitchen for the day to watch some kids while they're Moms help the homeless. She's going to be payed too, I suggested she make a donation for the poor with that money, and she thinks that's a great idea, even though she really wants to buy new fuzzy mittens.
Your mind is a garden. Your thoughts are the seeds. You can grow flowers or you can grow weeds.  ~ Anonymous

Annie

She should still be able to still buy her mitts, they're paying her well :-)

Romero

Quote from: "Annie"She's really good with little kids too, all she does is play with them, barbies, my little pony, littlest pet shop. She now has a full time babysitting job for a 12 year old, which is perfect because she likes the same things and she's super responsible and best thing is she doesn't have to cook but she cleans and does dishes and she gets payed for that too.  Tomorrow she's going to a soup kitchen for the day to watch some kids while they're Moms help the homeless. She's going to be payed too, I suggested she make a donation for the poor with that money, and she thinks that's a great idea, even though she really wants to buy new fuzzy mittens.

:thumbup:

Anonymous

Quote from: "Annie"She's really good with little kids too, all she does is play with them, barbies, my little pony, littlest pet shop. She now has a full time babysitting job for a 12 year old, which is perfect because she likes the same things and she's super responsible and best thing is she doesn't have to cook but she cleans and does dishes and she gets payed for that too.  Tomorrow she's going to a soup kitchen for the day to watch some kids while they're Moms help the homeless. She's going to be payed too, I suggested she make a donation for the poor with that money, and she thinks that's a great idea, even though she really wants to buy new fuzzy mittens.

Sounds like she's a Mother Theresa in training. Instead of making a donation for the poor, how about she start a fund and invest in the stock market? There are lots of safe funds for her to start understanding the market while she looks for more lucrative investing options.

Just teasing ya Annie, friends do that. Whatever she is doing and whatever you are teaching her, both of you keep it up. We are all better off for it.

Annie

LoL Shen, I will be opening and RDSP for her in a week or two, she just got her acceptance letter  today! I've already talked to her and we are going to set up an investment plan so that every month something goes into it and in 10 years she will have a whole bunch of money to do what she wants, like a trip or get married, whatever :-)  I wish she wasn't handicapped but at least we have a plan for the future :-)

Anonymous

Quote from: "Annie"LoL Shen, I will be opening and RDSP for her in a week or two, she just got her acceptance letter  today! I've already talked to her and we are going to set up an investment plan so that every month something goes into it and in 10 years she will have a whole bunch of money to do what she wants, like a trip or get married, whatever :-)  I wish she wasn't handicapped but at least we have a plan for the future :-)

Bad thing about an RDSP is contributions to them are not tax deductible. However, unlike RRSP's the beneficiary is not penalized if contributions are withdrawn before they are paid out. Sounds like an excellent idea and if she takes as big an interest in saving and investing as she does with helping others maybe you and your hubby will be able to move into a bigger home in the future. ;)

Annie

But they are tax deductible but only after the 10 year investment period, so it will be all hers after that. I have one as well, but I only have 6 years left to wait to cash it in. I'm planning on using it for a train trip for hubby, I and our daughter across Canada :-) Our son doesn't want to go, besides he'll probably be married by then anyways LoL

Anonymous

Quote from: "Annie"But they are tax deductible but only after the 10 year investment period, so it will be all hers after that. I have one as well, but I only have 6 years left to wait to cash it in. I'm planning on using it for a train trip for hubby, I and our daughter across Canada :-) Our son doesn't want to go, besides he'll probably be married by then anyways LoL

Yeah, that's what I mean they are not immediately tax deductible. I haven't studied RDSP's that much well, for obvious reasons. The government puts in matching funds up to $1000/year from what I understand. Sounds like an excellent idea. Hope you enjoy your train trip. I have travelled many times by train in Asia and a few times in Europe.