The best topic

Replies: 10365
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 10:38:44 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by formosan

I Get My Reliable Royal News From

Started by caskur, June 13, 2022, 05:25:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 5 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

Quote from: caskur post_id=462278 time=1656670288 user_id=2156
Quote from: seoulbro post_id=462126 time=1656599729 user_id=114
Royal accounts show the British monarchy's publicly-funded spending rose by 17% to 102.4 million pounds (US $124 million) in the past year, with the renovation of Buckingham Palace taking up a large part of the expenses.

Apparently the royal family costs every UK person 58 pence per year ... they bring in billions in tourism.

All the lands and historical buildings house great art treasures that belong to the crown... they are barely paid custodians of the UK art treasures and cannot take it with them when they leave our mortal coil.

Buckingham Palace belongs to the Crown not the Queen. The Queen only personally owns two places... Sandringham and Balmoral.

The full annual cost of the British monarchy is at least £345,000,000 a year, when including lost revenue from the two duchies, security, costs met by local councils and police forces, and lost tax revenue.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Shen Li" post_id=462659 time=1656956664 user_id=56
Quote from: caskur post_id=462278 time=1656670288 user_id=2156

Apparently the royal family costs every UK person 58 pence per year ... they bring in billions in tourism.

All the lands and historical buildings house great art treasures that belong to the crown... they are barely paid custodians of the UK art treasures and cannot take it with them when they leave our mortal coil.

Buckingham Palace belongs to the Crown not the Queen. The Queen only personally owns two places... Sandringham and Balmoral.

The full annual cost of the British monarchy is at least £345,000,000 a year, when including lost revenue from the two duchies, security, costs met by local councils and police forces, and lost tax revenue.

They are a huge expense and they don't pay their share of taxes.

Anonymous

Quote from: "iron horse jockey" post_id=462678 time=1656964400 user_id=2015
Quote from: "Shen Li" post_id=462659 time=1656956664 user_id=56

Brother, you are wasting your energies on old caskur. She likes the British royals and she don't give a fuck how much their perks cost. And at the end of the day, I am sure the amount of money London spends on the royals is a drop in the bucket to the cost of refugees. All English speaking countries are like that. Justine just announced another $20 billion for Indians.

Anonymous

Quote from: Herman post_id=462694 time=1656971978 user_id=1689
Quote from: "iron horse jockey" post_id=462678 time=1656964400 user_id=2015

Brother, you are wasting your energies on old caskur. She likes the British royals and she don't give a fuck how much their perks cost. And at the end of the day, I am sure the amount of money London spends on the royals is a drop in the bucket to the cost of refugees. All English speaking countries are like that. Justine just announced another $20 billion for Indians.

There are millions of people who feel the same way about the House of Windsor.

weebles

Why are the Royals so interesting to people? do people just admire them? or want to be them?

Anonymous

Quote from: weebles post_id=462716 time=1656976066 user_id=2191
Why are the Royals so interesting to people? do people just admire them? or want to be them?

They may capture this sort of attention because they illustrate the things we've been taught to covet, however subconsciously. We all have dreams of wealth and fame and happiness and style and social influence and so on, which starts early with fairy tales as kids.

weebles

Hmm I think the thing I would dislike about any type of fame is you cannot go anywhere in public without people just swarming you for hundreds of pictures and autograph while out buying a loaf of bread or milk from the grocery store it would annoy me..

Anonymous

They are not interesting to me. Not even a little bit.

weebles

Quote from: "iron horse jockey" post_id=462723 time=1656977756 user_id=2015

I have a rule to never trust people that wear over the top funny hats. :laugh:

Anonymous

Quote from: weebles post_id=462725 time=1656978208 user_id=2191
Quote from: "iron horse jockey" post_id=462723 time=1656977756 user_id=2015

I have a rule to never trust people that wear over the top funny hats. :laugh:

That is a good rule.

It is mostly women who are interested in the royals.

caskur

Well they have to employ thousands to look after the Crown Treasures Shen Li.

How many people do you employ?.... lemme guess... No one?
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

caskur

Quote from: weebles post_id=462722 time=1656977667 user_id=2191
Hmm I think the thing I would dislike about any type of fame is you cannot go anywhere in public without people just swarming you for hundreds of pictures and autograph while out buying a loaf of bread or milk from the grocery store it would annoy me..

Yep. The lack of privacy by the insatiable public would be stifling.
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

caskur

I deeply respect them but also pity them their heavy responsibilities.

The planet is heading for WW 3. It cannot substain 7.8 billion.
- Andy Warhol

Anonymous

Quote from: caskur post_id=462778 time=1657013491 user_id=2156

I deeply respect them but also pity them their heavy responsibilities.

The planet is heading for WW 3. It cannot substain 7.8 billion.

That is quite a segue from the lives of pampered British royalty to overpopulation.

Frood

Royals are entitled freeloading fuckwits who think they're special because of their genetics.
Blahhhhhh...