News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 10548
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 02:15:04 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

• DEADSKINS GIANT "FLAT EARTH" PRESENTATION AND DISCUSSION.... 5 0 5 2

DEADSKINS GIANT "FLAT EARTH" PRESENTATION AND DISCUSSION....

Started by deadskinmask, November 22, 2022, 12:08:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 14 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

deadskinmask

Quote from: reel post_id=485592 time=1669992811 user_id=196
I suppose the test of your hypothesis would be to circumnavigate Antarctica at a fixed speed and see how long it took.

yes.... that would indeed be acceptable.... a bipartisan expedition with pre-defined parameters and careful observations....

reel

I'm interested in the results, but just so we are clear on why I won't be volunteering for the mission, please see attached.

">

Dove

My happiness is all of your misery. I put good dick all in my kidneys.

Blazor

Quote from: reel post_id=485526 time=1669944763 user_id=196
Flat earth vs. globe earth is a strange argument since the proof is simple.

Hypothesis: The earth has a shape.

Experiment: Take a ship (any vessel will do really). Sail it in a straight line. See where you end up. Record results.

This experiment has been done many many times before and the results are recorded. They were recorded long before NASA existed in days where knowing where you were regularly meant the difference between life and death. I am satisfied with the results.

Also gravity.

Though as I've said before, it is a matter of relative scale. On a small scale that is relevant to an individual human most of the time, the earth is flat (sort of - if you're going to play this game, it's not flat at all what with mountains and valleys and such, but you know what I mean), on a macro scale it is not. Thus, one can effectively argue that it is both flat and a globe depending on the applied context.

Hey Reel, been a while  ac_hithere

Ship sailing away.... so we are taught, that when a ship disappears, its because it "went over the curve", due to the supposed curvature, we have to calculate for that drop for every so many miles. But, when we use a good camera, we can zoom in, and still see the boat.

Plus, they call it Sea Level.... not Sea Curve  :laugh:

Water always finds it level.
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Blazor

Quote from: reel post_id=485527 time=1669945104 user_id=196

Pretty.

Do you know what refraction is?

Did you ever ask why the sky is blue in the day time and get a proper answer?

Refraction is particularly affected by cloud cover. That is why the angles in your images are not consistent between events as they would be if the reason for the phenomenon was that the sun was close.

I live in the Blue Ridge Mountains, our sky is REAL blue here. Supposedly, ours is so blue, because of chemicals released from certain trees that grow in our area, creating a bluer sky that we see.

I get that on the refraction, jus' seems odd lol. Knowing about perspective lines and all.
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

deadskinmask

Quote from: reel post_id=485611 time=1669995883 user_id=196
I'm interested in the results, but just so we are clear on why I won't be volunteering for the mission, please see attached.

hell.... i would.... they'd have to tie me to the fuckin mast like motherfuckin ulysses.... and you better believe when we're on day three and not even halfway around, i'm slapping every baller on that boat like they spit on my mama.... :laugh:

reel

🤪

The circumference at latitude 60S, which is (approximately) the first circumnavigable latitude, is 12500 miles (half the equator). It's going to take you a lot longer than three days to prove anything...

reel

At a reasonable ship endurance speed of 12 knots, it would be about 38 days around on a globe, and 152 days on a flat earth (of the shape you have proposed).

reel

Here's a fun story of some crazy fools that did it in 72 days in a sailboat:

https://www.yachtingworld.com/voyages/sailing-antarctica-record-breaking-voyage-around-southern-continent-123341">https://www.yachtingworld.com/voyages/s ... ent-123341">https://www.yachtingworld.com/voyages/sailing-antarctica-record-breaking-voyage-around-southern-continent-123341

deadskinmask

Quote from: reel post_id=485701 time=1670012188 user_id=196
🤪

The circumference at latitude 60S, which is (approximately) the first circumnavigable latitude, is 12500 miles (half the equator). It's going to take you a lot longer than three days to prove anything...

that seems hella fuckin slow to me.... BUT as long as its done totally above board with bipartisan representatives, i don't care.... i won't be settling with no 2020 election 'its fair because we said its fair' bullshit though....  :mad:

Aryan

Quote from: deadskinmask post_id=485577 time=1669983085 user_id=1582
Quote from: jeannie post_id=485576 time=1669982474 user_id=3367
how does the compass function on this..uh, flat earth?

alot better than it would on a fuckin ball.... north is dead center and south is all the way around us.... east and west are irrelevant....  :sad:

Jeannie's cool man, she's one of the good ones.  ac_biggrin

Aryan

Oh fuck, insufferable, ed-jewcated libtard alert.

How did this ginger faggot Reel find his way here?

This clown is as bad as Feebles.

Biggie Smiles

You guys are still on about this meaningless flat earth nonsense?

who cares, it doesn't make the slightest difference either way and I don't see any return on investment for the various entities which are claimed to be involved in this Hoax to prolong it so long and at such an expense.

Prove me wrong

deadskinmask

Quote from: SCOUSE post_id=485747 time=1670015648 user_id=1728

reel is the smartest motherfucker i've ever posted with.... we don't agree on much and thats kinda 'worrisome' on my end.... but you can take this nonsense and fuck right off, chief....  :mad:

Aryan

Quote from: deadskinmask post_id=485752 time=1670016029 user_id=1582
Quote from: SCOUSE post_id=485747 time=1670015648 user_id=1728

reel is the smartest motherfucker i've ever posted with.... we don't agree on much and thats kinda 'worrisome' on my end.... but you can take this nonsense and fuck right off, chief....  :mad:

Nah, he's a high-falutin, Mimi-esque liberal mong.

Don't start your flaky, turncoat, schizo shit with me tonight fella, I'm really not in the mood.