The best topic

Replies: 10406
Total votes: : 4

Last post: September 21, 2024, 09:47:30 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

Sexist Police Won't Charge Dalhousie Dentistry Students

Started by Lance Leftardashian, January 17, 2015, 05:11:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

RW

Quote from: "Romero"
Quote from: "Shen Li"This is over. No charges from the cops because no law was broken. If nothing was illegal, then it should be case closed. The Romeros of the world tried and convicted them in the biggest kangaroo court of all....the court of public opinion. A very dangerous thing to do.

I never said there should have been charges. That's up to the police. I've only been saying that threatening violence and rape is wrong and I agree with the university taking disciplinary action.

Sure threatening violence and to rape someone is extremely wrong.  I would expect anyone who truly feels threatened by either of those things to have the full protection of the law.  That didn't happen here and that's been supported not only by the evidence you have provided, but by the evidence you seem to want to dance around.

I don't agree with a career sentence for making stupid comments in a private Facebook group.  That is too stiff a penalty for lack of an actual crime.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Renee

Quote from: "Shen Li"This is over. No charges from the cops because no law was broken. If nothing was illegal, then it should be case closed. The Romeros of the world tried and convicted them in the biggest kangaroo court of all....the court of public opinion. A very dangerous thing to do.

I never said there should have been charges. That's up to the police. I've only been saying that threatening violence and rape is wrong and I agree with the university taking disciplinary action.

And the Romero circle jerk comes full circle.  ac_toofunny
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Real Woman"

Sure threatening violence and to rape someone is extremely wrong.  I would expect anyone who truly feels threatened by either of those things to have the full protection of the law.  That didn't happen here and that's been supported not only by the evidence you have provided, but by the evidence you seem to want to dance around.

I don't agree with a career sentence for making stupid comments in a private Facebook group.  That is too stiff a penalty for lack of an actual crime.

Again, case closed because no crime was committed. If those students cannot graduate, they should really look into legal action against the university.

Renee

Quote from: "Shen Li"

Again, case closed because no crime was committed. If those students cannot graduate, they should really look into legal action against the university.

IMHO, it's a good possibility that wouldn't go anywhere. They plainly violated school policy and doing so they screwed up their chances at successful civil litigation.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

RW

Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "Renee"
IMHO, it's a good possibility that wouldn't go anywhere. They plainly violated school policy and doing so they screwed up their chances at successful civil litigation.

Really? I haven't followed this as closely as RW has, but I thought the university prez Richard Florizone acknowledged they were not a threat? What specific policy are they in violation of?

Romero

Nope, I never once said there should have been charges. I didn't have enough to make that judgement. I'm okay with the police's decision.

I've only argued that threatening violence and rape is wrong, and that the university was correct in taking disciplinary action. It's been my position from the start.

RW

Nope, I never once said there should have been charges. I didn't have enough to make that judgement. I'm okay with the police's decision.

I've only argued that threatening violence and rape is wrong, and that the university was correct in taking disciplinary action. It's been my position from the start.

No, you said they threatened violence and rape and considering the evidence, you were WRONG.
Beware of Gaslighters!

RW

Quote from: "Shen Li"

Really? I haven't followed this as closely as RW has, but I thought the university prez Richard Florizone acknowledged they were not a threat? What specific policy are they in violation of?

The University policy had a code of conduct which this behaviour would have been a breach of, which is why they have dealt with it.  

I could argue it though.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

No, you said they threatened violence and rape and considering the evidence, you were WRONG.

Even though those young men did not actually threaten violence and rape, I am very uncomfortable with what they posted on Facebook..

If my son were to say something like that when he grows up, I would wonder where I went wrong when we teaching him good citizenship.

Lance Leftardashian

Quote from: "Fashionista"

Even though those young men did not actually threaten violence and rape, I am very uncomfortable with what they posted on Facebook..

If my son were to say something like that when he grows up, I would wonder where I went wrong when we teaching him good citizenship.

You should be uncomfortable with the institutionalized sexism in our society. You should be uncomfortable with how violence against women is celebrated by men.
I care, you pay

RW

Sorry but that is way too one sided for me.

How many women cheered when Lorraina Bobbit hacked off her husband's penis?
Beware of Gaslighters!

Renee

Quote from: "Real Woman"Sorry but that is way too one sided for me.

How many women cheered when Lorraina Bobbit hacked off her husband's penis?

I didn't. I thought it was a gross waste of resources.  ac_biggrin

Renee

Quote from: "Lance Leftardashian"

You should be uncomfortable with the institutionalized sexism in our society. You should be uncomfortable with how violence against women is celebrated by men.

Hey troll, quit sticking your vagina in everyone's face. It smells like lefty lemon douche.

Lance Leftardashian

Quote from: "Lance Leftardashian"

Hey troll, quit sticking your vagina in everyone's face. It smells like lefty lemon douche.

You may not care about equality, but I do. You may not care about the epidemic of violence against women, but you should.
I care, you pay