The best topic

Replies: 10406
Total votes: : 4

Last post: September 21, 2024, 09:47:30 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

Hola from Mexico

Started by ghost, March 08, 2015, 09:46:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Renee

Quote from: "Shen Li"
Quote from: "Renee"
Quote from: "Obvious Li"

hell.........there are lots of place in the USA that have dirt floors and no plumbing.... :howdy:

Appalachia for one.

What, dirt floors in their trailers?? ac_huh

Only the well to do ones live in trailers and sometimes they convert old school buses into summer homes.  ac_toofunny

Seriously, in many parts of that area, especially where the coal industry has been killed; people live in what can only be considered shacks. Many of them have no indoor plumbing or electricity or any of the normal living conditions you and I take for granted.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Anonymous

Appalachia for one.

Only the well to do ones live in trailers and sometimes they convert old school buses into summer homes.  ac_toofunny

Seriously, in many parts of that area, especially where the coal industry has been killed; people live in what can only be considered shacks. Many of them have no indoor plumbing or electricity or any of the normal living conditions you and I take for granted.

I drove through West Virginia in my last year of uni. I wasn't behind the wheel(No East Asian driver rule haha) and I don't know if we passed through the Appalachia region. It didn't really seem that bad from a view riding shotgun anyway. Lower income for sure, but certainly not the kind of poverty ghostie sees on a typical bus ride.

Renee

I drove through West Virginia in my last year of uni. I wasn't behind the wheel(No East Asian driver rule haha) and I don't know if we passed through the Appalachia region. It didn't really seem that bad from a view riding shotgun anyway. Lower income for sure, but certainly not the kind of poverty ghostie sees on a typical bus ride.

It's not the entire area, it's just certain pockets of poverty that range through WV, NC, TN. and KY. Actually Appalachia and the Smokey Mountains are beautiful areas. My parents have land in western NC. and when my dad finally fully retires (good luck with that) they are going to build a house and move there permanently.  Cost of living and taxes are much lower in that area than it is in the NYC metro area.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Gary Oak

Appalachia for one.

They are all fat and stupid too just like you. ac_drinks  ac_popcorn  ac_drinks

Renee

Quote from: "Gary Oak"

They are all fat and stupid too just like you. ac_drinks  ac_popcorn  ac_drinks

They might be "fat and stupid" but they are smart enough to stay clear of that awful, shitty waste of good paper called the Tartan Dragon.

Well maybe not all of them; I think some of them use it line bird cages or light fires.  ac_toofunny

Obvious Li

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Thanks ghost, I think I have an idea now of how it works in Playa..

I didn't think that there were still people in that area who had dirt floors and no plumbing though.

ac_unsure

hell.........there are lots of place in the USA that have dirt floors and no plumbing.... :howdy:

Appalachia for one.

i'm into watching the reality show Appalachia about the ginseng diggers......man oh man oh man these are some inbred boys......not as bad as the swamp people but pretty close......

Renee

Appalachia for one.

i'm into watching the reality show Appalachia about the ginseng diggers......man oh man oh man these are some inbred boys......not as bad as the swamp people but pretty close......

I have to wonder how much of shows like that is bullshit and how much is real. Notice how they all live in shitty houses and talk like uneducated slobs but yet they almost all drive brand new 40,000 dollar pick-up trucks?  ac_huh  

Also I had no idea how much ginseng root went for. The payouts are outrages.  ac_wot

Anonymous

Appalachia for one.

I have to wonder how much of shows like that is bullshit and how much is real. Notice how they all live in shitty houses and talk like uneducated slobs but yet they almost all drive brand new 40,000 dollar pick-up trucks?  ac_huh  

Also I had no idea how much ginseng root went for. The payouts are outrages.  ac_wot

I assume all reality shows have little reality to them.

Obvious Li

Appalachia for one.

no kidding.....always seems to be a camera around...even the bad guys that are ambushing the good guys seem to have a camera crew...staging perhaps ??? reality ???.....good for a laugh anyway.....in any case one of my old partners used to own a bar at Hauser lake in Idaho (across from Hayden lake which was the US headquarters for the various white supremest groups)......in the absolute middle of nowhere, very remote and very very scary.....i went there with him (during the 80's) on several occasions...there is not an inkling of a doubt but that if i were not with him i would not have gotten out of there alive.... made those Appalachian guys look positively advanced......

one quick true story(short version)....the county sherriffs dept was ordered by some agency in wash. to diversify...so they hired a mexican male and female cop and put them on patrol in the same cruiser......at some point a few of the good old boys faked some big late night disturbance at the bar and they sent these two mexican cops out to investigate...they were shot in their cruiser when they pulled up..... investigations turned up no suspects......no one was ever charged.....no more hiring of mexicans......problem solved...there were zero black folks in the county...

we used to go to a roadside bar on sunday afternoon and watch when the white supremacists were marching...they would be on once side of the highway with their banners......a bunch of liberal folks, many colored, (bused in) would be marching on the other side with their banners....and hundreds of cops on horseback on the boulevard in between...got very entertaining at times.......ah the good old days

Renee

Idaho can be a rough place. Neo Nazi, Aryan in-breeder heaven.

http://thebluereview.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/CDA-honk-if-you-want-idaho-white-sign_marcia-franklin.jpg">

My husband and his friends hunt elk, mule deer and bear in Northern Idaho and even for a big white guy like him it can be dangerous. He has told me that if you wander into an area that you shouldn't be in, you better have a good reason to be there because if not, you will disappear.

I don't like when he goes hunting there I much prefer him to stay in state or go south to Oregon or Utah.

Romero

Quote from: "Renee"Idaho can be a rough place. Neo Nazi, Aryan in-breeder heaven.

http://thebluereview.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/CDA-honk-if-you-want-idaho-white-sign_marcia-franklin.jpg">

My husband and his friends hunt elk, mule deer and bear in Northern Idaho and even for a big white guy like him it can be dangerous. He has told me that if you wander into an area that you shouldn't be in, you better have a good reason to be there because if not, you will disappear.

I don't like when he goes hunting there I much prefer him to stay in state or go south to Oregon or Utah.

A... no-go zone?

Anonymous

Quote from: "Romero"
Quote from: "Renee"Idaho can be a rough place. Neo Nazi, Aryan in-breeder heaven.

A... no-go zone?

Oh my Romero?

ac_wot

My husband and I have camped in Northern Idaho and liked it and the friendly people we met..

I never felt unwelcome.

Obvious Li

i know the area well.....we camped a little further south at Dworshak lake/dam area for years with friends from Boise.....i love Idaho...Boise would be in my top five locations in the USA...but like your husband says..if you take the wrong fork in the road you may simply disappear...too much dope and drugs mfgs around and strangers are unwelcome.....you know Mark Furman ended up in northern Idaho...seems about right......i think a place for freemen is ok

Obvious Li

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Romero"

A... no-go zone?

Oh my Romero?

ac_wot

My husband and I have camped in Northern Idaho and liked it and the friendly people we met..

I never felt unwelcome.

agreed....in the south about half the population are mormons...go figure

Anonymous

We went in our rv and stayed in campgrounds in the Northern panhandle..

I did not know the Southern part of the state had large Mormon populations..

But even though it does, what do you mean by go figure Obvious Li?

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y76/whiskMEaway/IdahoMap.jpg">