Replies: 10400
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 04:37:30 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lokmar

Racism

Started by RW, July 07, 2015, 07:53:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Romero

You were just being cheeky when you told "America haters" to stop it and seriously fuck off?

SPECTRE thought you were being serious. But it's good to know that we no longer have to be all pc when discussing the US.

RW

Yes Romero.  That was right after Renee left citing anti-Americanism, including mine.  I'm terribly sorry that you live in a world that is so black and white where there's nothing underneath a statement - no additional context or reason.  Now that I think about it, it's as if your world is flat.

Now tell me, how do you feel about the public slagging of a woman who dressed up like Crazy Eyes from Orange is the New Black because she made herself brown like the character?
Beware of Gaslighters!

Romero

The Julianne Hough Crazy Eyes blackface thing?

RW

Beware of Gaslighters!

cc

Quote from: "RW"I think feminism is whee the pendulum will right itself first.  Something has to give.
Jeez one would hope / think so

However, the crap we have seen in that and so many  other areas is increasing exponentially. Of course I hope, but I expect it all to continue to grow

Sorry to be pessimistic, but this kind of counter-productive crap is out of control I fear. Q is just a tiny blip example of how fck up and self-destructive society has become
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

RW

I know it is.  I see it everywhere including in comedy but seriously speaking.  There's this theme that we all suffer from "mild racism" or that we are all "a little bit racist".  Bullshit!  Inventing racism where there is none is not the right path to eliminating racism.  It's insane.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Romero

Quote from: "RW"Yeah.

It was wrong and offensive. She knows it too because she apologized.

You would never go out in blackface, would you?

RW

It wasn't wrong or offensive.  She apologized because people threw a massive fit over a Halloween costume.  I was embarrassed for the U.S. during that whole thing and disappointed that the actress who played Crazy Eyes didn't stand up for her.

This is exactly the insanity I'm talking about and that you and far too many others subscribe to.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"Yes Romero.  That was right after Renee left citing anti-Americanism, including mine.  I'm terribly sorry that you live in a world that is so black and white where there's nothing underneath a statement - no additional context or reason.  Now that I think about it, it's as if your world is flat.

Now tell me, how do you feel about the public slagging of a woman who dressed up like Crazy Eyes from Orange is the New Black because she made herself brown like the character?

I feel Renee is taking a break because she has other things in her life that require a great deal of attention.

RW

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "RW"Yes Romero.  That was right after Renee left citing anti-Americanism, including mine.  I'm terribly sorry that you live in a world that is so black and white where there's nothing underneath a statement - no additional context or reason.  Now that I think about it, it's as if your world is flat.

I feel Renee is taking a break because she has other things in her life that require a great deal of attention.

Shhhh don't tell Romero.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Romero

Quote from: "RW"It wasn't wrong or offensive.  She apologized because people threw a massive fit over a Halloween costume.  I was embarrassed for the U.S. during that whole thing and disappointed that the actress who played Crazy Eyes didn't stand up for her.

This is exactly the insanity I'm talking about and that you and far too many others subscribe to.

Yes, that little forgotten episode has made racism so much worse than it used to be. How dare people say they feel!

So, would you go out on Halloween in blackface? How about as a Nazi?

RW

I didn't say it made racism worse.  I said it takes away from ACTUAL racism and REAL racial issues.

I see nothing wrong with using brown paint on your face if you are dressing up like a black person for Halloween, just like it isn't offensive to paint your face white if you were dressing up like a white person for Halloween.  What the fuck is offensive about it?
Beware of Gaslighters!

Romero

Hmm. Would you dress up in blackface or as a Nazi for Halloween?

RW

Quote from: "Romero"Hmm. Would you dress up in blackface or as a Nazi for Halloween?

That's not really my style of Halloween costumes but would I get upset if someone painted their face brown to look like a character from a popular TV show - no.

Now answer my question - what is offensive about making yourself look like someone you idolize?
Beware of Gaslighters!

Romero

You wouldn't dress up in blackface or as a Nazi and you know it. You wouldn't because you know it's wrong and offensive.

If you wish to keep feigning ignorance, you can just look up "blackface" on the internet and educate yourself!