Total votes: : 4

Last post: September 21, 2024, 09:47:30 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

Denmark banned halal & kosher slaughter

Started by asal, July 26, 2015, 10:17:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Romero

Quote from: "SPECTRE"
Quote from: "Romero"Regular slaughterhouses are no less cruel and inhumane than halal and kosher slaughterhouses. Often they are more cruel and inhumane.

"Animal rights"? Ha! Countless millions of animals live and die in cruelty at regular factory farms and slaughterhouses.

It's like having the choice of being shot in the head or having your throat slit. Only the shot to the head doesn't always kill them. At regular slaughterhouses, countless millions of animals have been butchered while still being alive.

Dude, what is your problem.

Every time a post challenges or criticises the actions of muslims, you have to leap in and defend.

Why is that? Are you a muslim? If so, I think it would be appropriate to make that disclosure. If not...why do you CARE?

Isn't this about Muslims and Jews?

Regular slaughterhouses are no less cruel and inhumane than halal and kosher slaughterhouses. There's no reason to believe this would actually limit any animal suffering. It's just logic, and the hypocrisy astounds me.

If there's meat in your fridge, it suffered its entire life and there's a good chance it didn't die quickly and humanely. Stop eating meat if you claim to care so much.

I've never been much of a PETA lover.

Bricktop

QuoteI agreed to not get into your aversion towards hunting and harvesting your own food. You need that cling wrap and supermarket lighting to make it humane for you, fair enough. Those who don't have the nerve to take what they need with their own hands, shop. So let it go.

Simply let it go, Miss Anarchist.

Firstly, what you AGREED to has no binding effect on anyone but yourself.

Secondly, my comment was not about hunting, but life in general. Humans are not supposed to mimic other animals. That's why we're called "humans", and they are called "Leopards" or "donkeys" or "Victorians".

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc la femme"I tried to do that above a bit, Fash
QuoteDemocracy where it does exist means electing people to act for them.

It does not exist here. Our charter ended that. "Appointed" judges decide without any regard to the voting public using our  end of everything charter

Our lads died in vain

oh ok cc la femme, I didn't see that, thank you.

Bricktop

Quote from: "Fashionista"
My faith is not someone's fictitious flight of fancy, but I am not going to argue what I have..

Then what is its source?

cc

Quote from: "RW"
Quote from: "cc la femme"Democracy where it does exist means electing people to act for them.

It does not exist here. Our charter ended that. "Appointed" judges decide without any regard to the voting public

Our lads died in vain

We do elect people to act for us which they don't and I doubt did prior to the 80s.

Are judges making poor legal decisions in our country?
Yes, but that is not the point.

We now have big brother and sister to rule us. If that's what you prefer, that's OK. Just don't expect us all to like our 1984 country
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

RW

Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"Other animals kill their prey while they're still conscious. What's the difference between a halal or kosher killing and a pack of wolves or pride of lions chewing, gnawing, pawing, and tearing their prey bit by bit until it ceases breathing? Aside from the halal or kosher killing being quicker and less painful to the animal.

Memo to half wit.

We are NOT "other animals".

If we are to mimic the behaviour of "other animals" in all aspects of human activity, there would BE no human activity.

What a fucking dumbass thing to say.

Technically, we are animals.  We belong to the kingdom Animalia. I think that is often forgotten.

As Emerson said, "All things turtle are turtle" Spec.  Everything we do as a human is human.  

There are reasons for these "religious" laws and its health related.  You kill a live animal so you know it wasn't sick prior to death, amoung other reasons.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

My faith is not someone's fictitious flight of fancy, but I am not going to argue what I have..

Then what is its source?

Jesus Christ.

RW

Quote from: "cc la femme"
Quote from: "RW"
Quote from: "cc la femme"Democracy where it does exist means electing people to act for them.

It does not exist here. Our charter ended that. "Appointed" judges decide without any regard to the voting public

Our lads died in vain

We do elect people to act for us which they don't and I doubt did prior to the 80s.

Are judges making poor legal decisions in our country?
Yes, but that is not the point.

We now have big brother and sister to rule us. If that's what you prefer, that's OK. Just don't expect us all to like our 1984

Is this really the statement you're going with?  You see the Supreme Court as a form of Big Brother?
Beware of Gaslighters!

Bricktop

Whom you have never met, who's existence is arguable, and who's origins do not align with historical fact.

Yet, you believe. Such is the power of religion, that you dare not challenge its shibboleths.

What of those religions that do not accept or acknowledge Jesus?

Anonymous

Quote from: "SPECTRE"Whom you have never met, who's existence is arguable, and who's origins do not align with historical fact.

Yet, you believe. Such is the power of religion, that you dare not challenge its shibboleths.

Oh, I do know him SPECTRE..

What of anyone who does not acknowledge Jesus as Lord and Saviour?

Bricktop

Quote from: "SPECTRE"Whom you have never met, who's existence is arguable, and who's origins do not align with historical fact.

Well, I don't..although I repeat...I respect your right to do so.

What of me? Am I destined for the merciless fires of hell? Will I be tormented by Satanic demons for eternity?

Anonymous

Well, I don't..although I repeat...I respect your right to do so.

What of me? Am I destined for the merciless fires of hell? Will I be tormented by Satanic demons for eternity?

Maybe you will have an Apostle Paul moment and repent SPECTRE.

ac_smile

Frood

QuoteI agreed to not get into your aversion towards hunting and harvesting your own food. You need that cling wrap and supermarket lighting to make it humane for you, fair enough. Those who don't have the nerve to take what they need with their own hands, shop. So let it go.

Simply let it go, Miss Anarchist.

Firstly, what you AGREED to has no binding effect on anyone but yourself.

Firstly, you just wanted to use the word firstly because you know full well that discussion about hunting and harvesting was done privately and you were the one who asked I not get into it, yet here you are in this thread getting into it and using your dislike for religion as a scapegoat.

Thank you for demonstrating for the second time in the last day that your word is no good. You'll recall the other in which you advertised the Skype group call and maintained that board persona's and the chat group individuals could remain distinct from one another, which didn't happen with you. Keeper made a subtle and funny remark about the voice changing software I used, but you couldn't let it rest with just that. You've pursued it directly and publicly.

If you're not going to follow through on what you say, don't bother pretending that you will.

QuoteSecondly, my comment was not about hunting, but life in general. Humans are not supposed to mimic other animals. That's why we're called "humans", and they are called "Leopards" or "donkeys" or "Victorians".

Secondly, your comment was about the same phenomenon in which hunting shares, the taking of life for food and what is acceptable socially by humans.

If humanity is a drag for you, stop getting stronger stomachs to do your food harvesting for you and wither away.
Blahhhhhh...

cc

Quote from: "Fashionista" Maybe you will have an Apostle Paul moment and repent SPECTRE.

ac_smile

I enjoyed that one Fash
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc la femme"
Quote from: "Fashionista" Maybe you will have an Apostle Paul moment and repent SPECTRE.

ac_smile

I enjoyed that one Fash

ac_smile I hope SPECTRE did too.