Replies: 10399
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 03:39:45 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

So, what's fer dinner?

Started by J0E, November 27, 2015, 11:23:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Annie

Hubby and I had ribs at Rib Fest at the PNE last summer. The first thing he said was "Yours are better"  :laugh:  I make a brown sugar/ketchup etc sticky sauce and slow cook.
Your mind is a garden. Your thoughts are the seeds. You can grow flowers or you can grow weeds.  ~ Anonymous

Twenty Dollars

My friend Dave showed me this one. Put the racks into a large pot. Put fresh and dried spices as you like and fill with water. Boil for 45 mon. Remove ribs take to the Bar B Q and smoke for an hour. Sauce after what ever you like. The ribs pick up the herb flavor, add in the smoke and sauce, and you're golden. Fall off the bone goodness

@realAzhyaAryola

Chuck pot roast in stock and malbec with browned onions, carrots and celery, sliced baby bellas, fresh sprigs of rosemary and thyme.

Pork loin roast rubbed in spices and served with mango chutney.

Saffron rice with toasted pine nuts, currants, and fresh mint.
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

Anonymous

Quote from: "Azhya Aryola"Chuck pot roast in stock and malbec with browned onions, carrots and celery, sliced baby bellas, fresh sprigs of rosemary and thyme.

Pork loin roast rubbed in spices and served with mango chutney.

Saffron rice with toasted pine nuts, currants, and fresh mint.

That will be delicious Azhya..

I am making Taiwanese beef noodle soup with some cold side dishes like tofu and seaweed.

Annie

Oh yes and browned onions, mmmm
Your mind is a garden. Your thoughts are the seeds. You can grow flowers or you can grow weeds.  ~ Anonymous

Anonymous

Quote from: "Twenty Dollars"My friend Dave showed me this one. Put the racks into a large pot. Put fresh and dried spices as you like and fill with water. Boil for 45 mon. Remove ribs take to the Bar B Q and smoke for an hour. Sauce after what ever you like. The ribs pick up the herb flavor, add in the smoke and sauce, and you're golden. Fall off the bone goodness

That must be delicious Twenty Dollars..

Can my family come to your house for supper?

:icon_wink:

Annie

Ohhh speaking of ribs....hubby took a rack out of the freezer yesterday, having them for dinner tonight  ac_smile

Anonymous

Quote from: "GrAnnie"Ohhh speaking of ribs....hubby took a rack out of the freezer yesterday, having them for dinner tonight  ac_smile

Your house tonight and Twenty Dollars house tomorrow.

ac_smile

Annie

Woohoo! 2 day rib fest!  ac_dance  :laugh:

Anonymous

Quote from: "GrAnnie"Woohoo! 2 day rib fest!  ac_dance  :laugh:

Just to change topic a little, has anyone noticed the rising cost of beef?

Anonymous

Quote from: "Fashionista"

Everything at the grocery store and restaurants.

Annie

Oh I know! The prices are getting ridiculous!  We've cut down on meats and substitute beans a lot of times.

Twenty Dollars

I'm far from being a vegan. I don't eat that much beef. A steak or a piece of roast once a month or so. I like pork. Chops, roast, ribs, etc. I mentioned before I love roasted chicken on a Weber. I like fish too. You can practically buy fresh what ever you want now in super markets. Garlic fish with Mahi or Corvina. Yeah lots of butter.

I also enjoy eating out. We all have favorites.

Annie

I love tuna and salmon, also basa.  Nothing like a nice toasted fish sandwich on days when you don't feel like cooking.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Twenty Dollars"

I'm far from being a vegan. I don't eat that much beef. A steak or a piece of roast once a month or so. I like pork. Chops, roast, ribs, etc. I mentioned before I love roasted chicken on a Weber. I like fish too. You can practically buy fresh what ever you want now in super markets. Garlic fish with Mahi or Corvina. Yeah lots of butter.

I also enjoy eating out. We all have favorites.

We eat beef once a week, but I'm thinking of cheaper alternatives because of the rising costs..

Do you buy those fish directly from fishermen Twenty Dollars?