Last post: Today at 06:19:55 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lab Flaker

Diet Soda

Started by shin, January 14, 2016, 09:02:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Quote from: "shin"
Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "shin"Since I started this thread, I've invested in a teapot and a French press. Conversely, I can't remember the last time I had soda pop.

Good for shin.

:smiley_thumbs_up_yellow_ani:

Most people have abandoned their resolutions by this time of year.

:laugh:

I think they work out better if we don't think of them as resolutions we reluctantly have to do. I must admit, I've been drinking more coffee than tea over the last 2 weeks, though.

There's nothing wrong with coffee.

shin

Quote from: "seoulbro"
Quote from: "shin"Since I started this thread, I've invested in a teapot and a French press. Conversely, I can't remember the last time I had soda pop.

Good for shin.

I think they work out better if we don't think of them as resolutions we reluctantly have to do. I must admit, I've been drinking more coffee than tea over the last 2 weeks, though.

Outside of excess, I agree.

I think that if we compare coffee and tea side by side, the tea would be safer in increasing amounts.

Anonymous

Good for shin.

I think that if we compare coffee and tea side by side, the tea would be safer in increasing amounts.

CC la femme might disagree..

She knows a lot about the benefits of coffee.

Anonymous

^^Thanks to cc, I am enjoying copious amounts of espresso guilt free. :thumbup:

shin

Good for shin.

I've heard coffee contains antioxidants, but other than that I can't think of anything widely recognized s beneficial to everyone's diet.

Anonymous

Good for shin.

I've heard coffee contains antioxidants, but other than that I can't think of anything widely recognized s beneficial to everyone's diet.

I hope cc la femme sees this thread shin.

Mona

My advice is that all the artificial sweeteners are toxic.  And if you are drinking diet in order to not gain weight or keep your sugars down, then you shouldn't be drinking any kind of soda at all.

I have never been a fan of sodas, I drink milk, tea, coffee, water, but rarely do I venture to drink soft drink.  What it does to your insides is appalling.

shin

Quote from: "Mona"My advice is that all the artificial sweeteners are toxic.  And if you are drinking diet in order to not gain weight or keep your sugars down, then you shouldn't be drinking any kind of soda at all.

I have never been a fan of sodas, I drink milk, tea, coffee, water, but rarely do I venture to drink soft drink.  What it does to your insides is appalling.

Hi Mona

I've given the artificial sweeteners a free pass to the trash bin. As for soda, I do have some, but I've been drinking it maybe twice a week. I drink  more coffee than anything else (besides water), and I try to mix in some fruit juice. I don't drink much milk, but I might change my tune soon.

Twenty Dollars

I live in a coffee producing country. Everyone drinks here. I buy 2 roasted kilos from a roaster in Liberia. I then freeze it.  2 cups in the morning. An espresso about 3pm. I use an Italian blend for the espresso.

Mona

Quote from: "Mona"My advice is that all the artificial sweeteners are toxic.  And if you are drinking diet in order to not gain weight or keep your sugars down, then you shouldn't be drinking any kind of soda at all.

Hi Mona

I've given the artificial sweeteners a free pass to the trash bin. As for soda, I do have some, but I've been drinking it maybe twice a week. I drink  more coffee than anything else (besides water), and I try to mix in some fruit juice. I don't drink much milk, but I might change my tune soon.

Fruit juice isn't much better than soda, it is full of sugar, too.  The best thing to detox with would be green tea with lemon or lime in it, if you don't like water.  

Milk is very good for your bones,  but if you're trying to lose weight, you won't want to drink a huge amount of full fat milk.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Mona"

Hi Mona

Fruit juice isn't much better than soda, it is full of sugar, too.  The best thing to detox with would be green tea with lemon or lime in it, if you don't like water.  

Milk is very good for your bones,  but if you're trying to lose weight, you won't want to drink a huge amount of full fat milk.

That is true Mona..

If you like juice, it's best to buy frozen concentrate and use extra water.

shin

Hi Mona

That is true Mona..

I used to do that in the 90s. I might actually look into that again.

Anonymous

Hi Mona

That is true Mona..

A fellow old fart. ac_drinks

shin

Quote from: "Herman"

Hi Mona

That is true Mona..

A fellow old fart. ac_drinks

ac_drinks  The worst part about being an old fart in today's world is hearing Nirvana referred to as classic rock.

Anonymous

^Classic means good and that is not the word I would use to describe Nirvana.