Total votes: : 3

Last post: July 02, 2024, 02:46:34 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Sloan

Dove, Just Shut The Fuck Up

Started by Shen Li, April 18, 2023, 02:50:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oerdin

Quote from: "Erica Mena" post_id=498351 time=1682012326 user_id=2845
Dovey, we have been friends a long time. So I need to be straight with you.

I feel you're gonna regret this just like you did with Poofer. It's literally the same situation. First you were mad at Gene cuz of video games. Now it's cuz he asked his for help in buying a place for you guys to live. I think you're living in the moment and not realizing the impact this will have.

I wouldn't be your friend if I sat here said nothing. Gene is a good guy and I hope you don't end up regretting this.

I don't know any details but if the guy's son is he tried to borrow money from his parents so he could afford a house for his family then there are worse things.

Oerdin

reel

This was an ok story.

Decent character development on the Columbidae as main protagonist. Dragon made a reasonable antagonist, if a little repetitive; but she's always a strong actor. The side characters were somewhat one-dimensional and I didn't really buy the naivete of their advice, but I suppose they added to the plot development by providing a counter narrative to the protagonist. It helped create a more organic vector for plot development, though it progressed too slowly. I get that it helped the character arc that the details of the story had to be drawn out slowly, but pacing was an issue.

There was definitely too much filler. Several of the background characters should have been eliminated entirely and it was tiresome to have to skip over those sections of the text. Fire the fucking editor.

The strength of the character development helped to cover for the plot being a tad trite, though one could almost interpret that as a literary mechanism to make the Columbidae more relatable.

Overall, I'd rate it as a successful exploration of the impact of the marital deficiencies of a post-modern mama's boy from a female perspective. I found myself rooting for the protagonist as she attempts to find her way out of the morass without being strangled by stray umbilical tubing, and while the side characters counsel at first appeared artless and childish, I came to appreciate the dichotomy they highlighted between the reality of a failed marriage and the artificial domain of this online environment.

I'd rate it a 5.5 out of 10. Could have been a 6 with better editing.

Anonymous

And six and a half if you'd washed your balls before showing up.  ac_biggrin

reel

Yeah maybe. That usually does put me in a better mood.

Anonymous

I usually spend five to ten minutes soaping mine with an organic honey and oatmeal rinse before dunking them at slightly above body temperature demineralised water for a quick fondle. To wash away the excess suds. Then a gentle toweling off with a clean egyptian cotton towel. Leaves them feeling soft and smooth as silk.

What do you use?

reel

While it pains me to admit that I would allow testicular cleanliness to affect the integrity of my literary rating scale, I consider it brutally honest discourse to admit to one's faults.

I use a lavender bath with a gentle balance of epsom salts. I also favour egyptian cotton. Your regimen sounds delightful. I may have to consider switching up the routine.

Anonymous

I'm sure you're significant other will appreciate your diligence and may even go as far as to favour you with a little nibble there, maybe a lick of three and breathy sighs of contentment.

You might even re-rate this thread an 8 or a 9 then.  ac_biggrin

reel

While that is true, I do impose limits on the degree to which I am willing to compromise the probity of my critique.

One cannot dress shit in trousers, slap on a Sinatra LP, and expect others to call the trousers Frank. Mediocrity should not be celebrated based solely on the influence of sexual gratification. While I appreciate that you are a guest and thus to be treated with the utmost civility, I would ask you to please refrain from such acts of blatant and undue influence!

Anonymous

Quote from: reel post_id=500976 time=1684282819 user_id=196
One cannot dress shit in trousers, slap on a Sinatra LP, and expect others to call the trousers Frank.

I don't know, have you seen the state of the entertainment industry lately?  ac_biggrin

At least the chatter about getting The Beatles back together seems to be a distant memory nowadays. Though I imagine it's possible Sir Paul and Ringo might yet have their JK Rowling moment. One troon and two bullets later...

And speaking of entertainment, I do appreciate your gentlemanly demeanor by the way. Most civilised and I fancy a few of the itinerants might learn a thing or two by your example. You needn't feel at pains to stand on protocol where I am concerned of course, for I am as they say, a complete rogue. A miscreant who delights in a good natured rattling of the cage to see what shakes out.

It does bug a few people I'll admit... but it puts a smile on my face when I encounter those comfortable enough to take it in their stride.  :wink:

[size=50]No perfect ten? Dovey will be crushed.[/size]  ac_biggrin

Oerdin

I am amazed a house can be bought for as little as $48,000.  I am not bragging but that is trivial.  I spent $24,000 in the last month and a half on solar which STILL isn't hooked to the grid2 because SDG&E are assholes..

reel

Quote from: Guest post_id=500977 time=1684284343
Quote from: reel post_id=500976 time=1684282819 user_id=196
One cannot dress shit in trousers, slap on a Sinatra LP, and expect others to call the trousers Frank.

I don't know, have you seen the state of the entertainment industry lately?  ac_biggrin

At least the chatter about getting The Beatles back together seems to be a distant memory nowadays. Though I imagine it's possible Sir Paul and Ringo might yet have their JK Rowling moment. One troon and two bullets later...

And speaking of entertainment, I do appreciate your gentlemanly demeanor by the way. Most civilised and I fancy a few of the itinerants might learn a thing or two by your example. You needn't feel at pains to stand on protocol where I am concerned of course, for I am as they say, a complete rogue. A miscreant who delights in a good natured rattling of the cage to see what shakes out.

It does bug a few people I'll admit... but it puts a smile on my face when I encounter those comfortable enough to take it in their stride.  :wink:

Naturally, being of said gentlemanly demeanor, I appreciate your candor and honesty. I can also appreciate a good natured roguish disposition, properly applied. Those distraught may lack the depth of character to comport themselves with confidence in face of an adventurer's spirit, which ultimately is their loss.

That said, civil discourse has been a casualty most violent of the modern paradigm and thus I find it beneficial to comport myself with a dignity, aligned, at a minimum, to the state of the present conversation, even where protocol may not require it.

I've no intent to crush the spirit of the Columbidae. In fact, flaws aside, I found her persona compelling in this dramatic tale. I am also conscious that an overly effusive response will elicit the wrath of our irascible Dragon, who, while I've no doubt loves me unquestionably, will not hesitate to drag her sharpened nails cross my face should I not be forthright in my assessment of the facts of the matter.

Adolf Oliver Bush

Quote from: reel post_id=500999 time=1684305259 user_id=196

Naturally, being of said gentlemanly demeanor, I appreciate your candor and honesty. I can also appreciate a good natured roguish disposition, properly applied. Those distraught may lack the depth of character to comport themselves with confidence in face of an adventurer's spirit, which ultimately is their loss.

That said, civil discourse has been a casualty most violent of the modern paradigm and thus I find it beneficial to comport myself with a dignity, aligned, at a minimum, to the state of the present conversation, even where protocol may not require it.

I've no intent to crush the spirit of the Columbidae. In fact, flaws aside, I found her persona compelling in this dramatic tale. I am also conscious that an overly effusive response will elicit the wrath of our irascible Dragon, who, while I've no doubt loves me unquestionably, will not hesitate to drag her sharpened nails cross my face should I not be forthright in my assessment of the facts of the matter.

So give her a gold star and a smiley elephant stamp. I'm sure she will appreciate that.  ac_biggrin
Her fucking fupa looked like a pair of ass cheeks... like someone naked ran into her head first and got stuck. She was like "come eat me out" and I was like "nah I think I'll go snort some anthrax and light myself on fire instead"

- Biggie Smiles

Anonymous

Quote from: reel post_id=500999 time=1684305259 user_id=196

Hi there fleamailman  ac_hithere

Adolf Oliver Bush

Her fucking fupa looked like a pair of ass cheeks... like someone naked ran into her head first and got stuck. She was like "come eat me out" and I was like "nah I think I'll go snort some anthrax and light myself on fire instead"

- Biggie Smiles

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Is the "D" in Django silent? Yes or No? (must be lower case):
Is Alticus a dick sucking fairy? (answer is opposite of no):
spell bacon backwards with the first letter capitalized:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview