News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 10393
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 09:41:25 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by DKG

Teaching Creationism in public schools...

Started by J0E, January 04, 2016, 10:29:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"I did a "year" at a college first.

I see, I didn't know that.

Renee

Quote from: "RW"I don't understand "teaching" creationism.  Read them a couple chapters of Genesis and call it a day.  The Bible is apparently infallible.  The story is simple enough for a 3 year old to understand.  What's there to teach/discuss?

There is more to it than that. Apparently the fools that believe the creationist myth believe that man and dinosaurs shared the same time period in history. It's like they think the Flintstones is a documentary. :oeudC:
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Renee"
Quote from: "RW"I don't understand "teaching" creationism.  Read them a couple chapters of Genesis and call it a day.  The Bible is apparently infallible.  The story is simple enough for a 3 year old to understand.  What's there to teach/discuss?

There is more to it than that. Apparently the fools that believe the creationist myth believe that man and dinosaurs shared the same time period in history. It's like they think the Flintstones is a documentary. :oeudC:

How do bible believers explain dinosaurs?

Renee

Quote from: "seoulbro"
Quote from: "Renee"

How do bible believers explain dinosaurs?

I have no clue, nor do I want to know the nutty shit they would use to explain the unexplainable.

All I know is that there are so called creationist museums that depict man living side by side with all sorts of creatures that went extinct before the emergence of humans. Apparently they believe that the historical timeline used by the established scientific community is wrong. ac_dunno
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

RW

I don't believe dinosaurs are mentioned specifically in the bible.  On one of the days God created all the beasts so I assume they would fall in there along with Mel, Odinson and Dinky Diana :D
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Dinosaur like creatures are mentioned in the bible.

In Psalm 74:13 it says, "It was you who split open the sea by your power; you broke the heads of the monster in the waters." Isaiah 43:20 reads, "The beast of the field shall honor me, the dragons and the owls: because I give waters in the wilderness, and rivers in the desert, to give drink to my people, my chosen" and he also writes about a monster (51:9)

The word dinosaur was not used until 1841.

RW

Generic terms to be all encompassing - like I said :)
Beware of Gaslighters!

RW

And to clarify for Dove, I was being a smart ass about reading Genesis and calling it a day.

:001_rolleyes:
Beware of Gaslighters!

cc

Quote from: "RW"I don't believe dinosaurs are mentioned specifically in the bible.  On one of the days God created all the beasts so I assume they would fall in there along with Mel, Odinson and Dinky Diana :D

LOLOLOL

Apart from above mentioned, we just can't know what we  can't know
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"Generic terms to be all encompassing - like I said :)

Well as I said, there was no word for dinosaur at the time.

RW

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "RW"Generic terms to be all encompassing - like I said :)

Well as I said, there was no word for dinosaur at the time.

Well, if God created all these animals and God influenced the writing of the gospel, wouldn't he have given the writer the word?

Makes you wonder, don't it?
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

It DID make me wonder. So i investigated it. He did use words.  It just wasn't "dinosour".  It was "behemoth", "dragon", and "leviathan".  Job has deep account of the creation details.

Anonymous

15 "Look now at the behemoth,[a] which I made along with you;

He eats grass like an ox.

16 See now, his strength is in his hips,

And his power is in his stomach muscles.

17 He moves his tail like a cedar;

The sinews of his thighs are tightly knit.

18 His bones are like beams of bronze,

His ribs like bars of iron.

19 He is the first of the ways of God;

Only He who made him can bring near His sword.

20 Surely the mountains yield food for him,

And all the beasts of the field play there.

21 He lies under the lotus trees,

In a covert of reeds and marsh.

22 The lotus trees cover him with their shade;

The willows by the brook surround him.

23 Indeed the river may rage,

Yet he is not disturbed;

He is confident, though the Jordan gushes into his mouth,

24 Though he takes it in his eyes,

Or one pierces his nose with a snare. - Job 40

RW

So like I said, no specific mention of dinosaur is in the Bible.

Why do you ladies have to complicate things?

Jesus!

Oh wait...

Hahaha
Beware of Gaslighters!

RW

Beware of Gaslighters!