Total votes: : 4

Last post: September 21, 2024, 09:47:30 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

A

Are you getting ready for Christmas yet

Started by Anonymous, November 21, 2014, 08:25:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Quote from: "Annie"We're going over to my brother and sister in laws for Christmas dinner. I'll surprise them with these too and build a ginger bread house with my niece and nephew. Also, I found a yummy recipe via facebook posts, chocolate eclair cake! Nom nom nom I can't wait to make it!

My family does not like gingerbread, but the houses are very decorative..

I will make a yule log cake.

Annie

Mmm I love yule log cake too, good choice.
Your mind is a garden. Your thoughts are the seeds. You can grow flowers or you can grow weeds.  ~ Anonymous

Annie

I've already gained an extra 5 pounds and it isn't even Christmas yet! Usually by the end of January I gain like 10 or more pounds and then spend months working it off, but soo worth it.
Your mind is a garden. Your thoughts are the seeds. You can grow flowers or you can grow weeds.  ~ Anonymous

Anonymous

Quote from: "Annie"Mmm I love yule log cake too, good choice.

One year we had plum pudding for dessert, but my family prefers chocolate yule log cake.

Annie

Anonymous

Quote from: "Annie"Mmm I love yule log cake too, good choice.

I got some Hershey's kisses and chocolate almonds, but I am not planning on dessert on December 25. Anyone do anything special for X-Mas eve? Mommy is making her famous spring rolls. Perfect with a nice merlot.

Annie

Every Christmas Eve we have what hubby calls "snick snacks" smoked oysters, cheese, crackers, a few drinks. A couple Christmases ago I woke up with one heck of a hangover lol

Anonymous

Quote from: "Annie"Every Christmas Eve we have what hubby calls "snick snacks" smoked oysters, cheese, crackers, a few drinks. A couple Christmases ago I woke up with one heck of a hangover lol

They are popular items for sure Annie..

I set out smoked sausage, several kinds of cheese and crackers, Swedish meatballs, fruits like sliced Fuji apples, dates and pears and a cheese foundue..

Lots of hot chocolate too.

Annie

Swedish meatballs? Ohh I want to come to your house for Christmas Eve!

Anonymous

Quote from: "Annie"Swedish meatballs? Ohh I want to come to your house for Christmas Eve!

If you were in Calgary, we would be pleased to show you some of my family's hospitality.

ac_smile

Annie

I'm in B.C. but I can imagine being at your house and eating all the yummy food  ac_biggrin

Anonymous

Quote from: "Annie"I'm in B.C. but I can imagine being at your house and eating all the yummy food  ac_biggrin

Do you live right in the city of Vancouver Annie?

Annie

Yep I do! I live in the Tri City area which is about a 20 minute drive to central Vancouver.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Annie"Every Christmas Eve we have what hubby calls "snick snacks" smoked oysters, cheese, crackers, a few drinks. A couple Christmases ago I woke up with one heck of a hangover lol

They are popular items for sure Annie..

I set out smoked sausage, several kinds of cheese and crackers, Swedish meatballs, fruits like sliced Fuji apples, dates and pears and a cheese foundue..

Lots of hot chocolate too.

Well, I won't have as many people as you do on X-mas evs, so if I put out all that food, it would not get eaten. I do like the fruit and fondue though.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Annie"Yep I do! I live in the Tri City area which is about a 20 minute drive to central Vancouver.

Were you born and raised in Vancouver Annie?