Replies: 8416
Total votes: : 3

Last post: July 02, 2024, 02:46:34 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Sloan

A

I've never felt this way about the forums before

Started by Anonymous, March 19, 2020, 03:12:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

Quote from: Renee post_id=373235 time=1595945270 user_id=156
Don't try to squirm out of the corner you have painted yourself in.

I'm not.  I'm trying to explain to you how IP queries can be used as a tool for Admins.

You are completely out of your league regurgitating that "IP addresses can be changed with VPN."  You must understand that I am fully aware of that...  I know about IP addresses, VPN's, and Anonymizers better than most.  Just ask any Mod or Admin on these forums, if I know about IP addresses...  They most likely know that I do.

If you have read this far (doubtful, but possible), the point I was trying to make (which I'll repeat once again, just for you) is that IP addresses are also pinned to an owner.  That owner is generally a service provider...  Like AT&T, Telus, you name it.  A service provider will generally appear also, when IP addresses are queried.  Any IP address that flows through a proxy, VPN, or whatever you want to call it, still has a 'service provider' attached to it when queried.  Depending on the proxy, these 'service providers' will show up in a variety of different ways in a query.  That provider can be a useful tool when determining who's who, regardless of IP address.

Now if you've made it this far Renee, congratulations...  I hope you don't try to school me for a third time, on how IP addresses can be changed.  I fucking know they can, you obese twat!  Why the fuck do you think you had such a hard time banning me?

Anonymous

I'll give you an example of this in action:  Scouse posted on my board.  Another poster on my board that was intent on creating shit posted there too.  Both of their IP addresses originated from almost the same location (literally a few miles apart at times)...

Scouse didn't use a proxy.  I could tell this due to him using a legit service provider.  The problem poster used a proxy, and as such it was easy for me to determine who was who due to service provider, and NOT IP addresses.  Whether the shitposter chose a proxy in close location to Scouse may be coincidental, but it also may not be.  Regardless, it doesn't matter to a good Admin...  A good Admin can figure out who the fuck is who.

Anonymous

Quote from: Cronus post_id=373226 time=1595938424 user_id=1583
I don't try to control anyone Mel, least of all you. It's impossible to do. I can and will edit or delete things like I just did though. Don't lecture me on who is who. I know you do not post a lot of the Mel posts. You did post what I deleted. This is guest posting and people love fucking with you. No different than what you do. Besides, accusing you of making a post you didn't make, is a current troll that works quite well. Me antifa...LOLOL you do realize that you actually fit that description better than me. That is funny.

And yes it is what it is.  ac_drinks

Fair enough.  I appreciate your candor.

Frood

I used to spend 5 minutes loading a webpage on 5-7 chained proxy skips through adversarial nations just to mess with admins....

:laugh:

Back in my evil decades...
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Dinky Dazza" post_id=373340 time=1596013194 user_id=1676
I used to spend 5 minutes loading a webpage on 5-7 chained proxy skips through adversarial nations just to mess with admins....

:laugh:

Back in my evil decades...

That's been made easy with TOR now, which I have used in the past also!

Also why Renee should keep her trap shut on certain matters that she knows nothing about...

Renee

Quote from: Mel post_id=373335 time=1596011475
I'll give you an example of this in action:  Scouse posted on my board.  Another poster on my board that was intent on creating shit posted there too.  Both of their IP addresses originated from almost the same location (literally a few miles apart at times)...

Scouse didn't use a proxy.  I could tell this due to him using a legit service provider.  The problem poster used a proxy, and as such it was easy for me to determine who was who due to service provider, and NOT IP addresses.  Whether the shitposter chose a proxy in close location to Scouse may be coincidental, but it also may not be.  Regardless, it doesn't matter to a good Admin...  A good Admin can figure out who the fuck is who.

But you still couldn't figure out who the so called "shit poster" was because they were using a proxy IP address. But that poster could have been anyone even one of your regulars.

I don't care if you can see a non proxy IP address...Big fucking deal....its not a superpower, you fucking moron. Stop acting like it is.

But the fact remains that someone guest posting under a VPN is hidden to you and you have no fucking idea who they really are....Walls of text written directly out of your ass is not going to change that.

BTW, no doubt the proxy IP was a coincidence. With a good VPN you can pick and choose the IP address you want to use. Many VPN services route their traffic through secure networks in countries like Iceland or Switzerland who have strict laws governing privacy so that even if the end point server is compromised, your privacy is still secure.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Blurt

Aimin\' to misbehave.

Renee

Quote from: Blurt post_id=373460 time=1596117231 user_id=1974
Mel IP's freely.

In his sheets no less.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Anonymous

Quote from: Renee post_id=373354 time=1596024410 user_id=156
But you still couldn't figure out who the so called "shit poster" was because they were using a proxy IP address. But that poster could have been anyone even one of your regulars.

I don't care if you can see a non proxy IP address...Big fucking deal....its not a superpower, you fucking moron. Stop acting like it is.

But the fact remains that someone guest posting under a VPN is hidden to you and you have no fucking idea who they really are....Walls of text written directly out of your ass is not going to change that.

BTW, no doubt the proxy IP was a coincidence. With a good VPN you can pick and choose the IP address you want to use. Many VPN services route their traffic through secure networks in countries like Iceland or Switzerland who have strict laws governing privacy so that even if the end point server is compromised, your privacy is still secure.

That's great, Renee.  Now, here is what I question:  Why me, of all people, is the person you attempt to explain this to?  Do you like to type?  Do you like to pretend to be smart on some things?

I don't really need you explaining to me how this works, and you should know this.

Renee

Quote from: Mel post_id=373645 time=1596275260

That's great, Renee.  Now, here is what I question:  Why me, of all people, is the person you attempt to explain this to?  Do you like to type?  Do you like to pretend to be smart on some things?

I don't really need you explaining to me how this works, and you should know this.

Unlike you, I don't pretend and never have.

But you are right about one thing. I should never try to explain things to a dummy. It's a waste of time.

Anonymous

Quote from: Renee post_id=373701 time=1596314702 user_id=156
Quote from: Mel post_id=373645 time=1596275260

Unlike you, I don't pretend and never have.

But you are right about one thing. I should never try to explain things to a dummy. It's a waste of time.

Mel wants you and Fash to change your priorities. Forget about career and family. Start hitting the booze hard, especially in the early hours of the morning and keep Mel company online.

Anonymous

Quote from: seoulbro post_id=373703 time=1596315440 user_id=114
Mel wants you and Fash to change your priorities. Forget about career and family. Start hitting the booze hard, especially in the early hours of the morning and keep Mel company online.

How many children do you have?

Anonymous

Quote from: Mel post_id=373782 time=1596370337

I have never been married and I do not have kids. I have never paused my career so I can drink beer and whine online after midnight every night either. Though I admit, it sounds like a much healthier past time, mentally and physically than golf trips to Florida and working out. Maybe, I should dump my girlfriend too so I have something to cry about from one to to six am seven nights a week.

cc

You started out slow, but are learning now

You now have a great mentor / example to put you on the right path
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: seoulbro post_id=373802 time=1596397712 user_id=114
Quote from: Mel post_id=373782 time=1596370337

I have never been married and I do not have kids. I have never paused my career so I can drink beer and whine online after midnight every night either. Though I admit, it sounds like a much healthier past time, mentally and physically than golf trips to Florida and working out. Maybe, I should dump my girlfriend too so I have something to cry about from one to to six am seven nights a week.

Get your priorities in order man.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Is Alticus a dick sucking fairy? (answer is opposite of no):
Is the "D" in Django silent? Yes or No? (must be lower case):
911 was an attack on what city (spell out lower case two words):
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview