The best topic

Replies: 10403
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 07:05:02 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by James Bond

Got the keys!!

Started by Berry Sweet, August 30, 2018, 10:19:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Berry Sweet

Not as gimped as you! But nice try.

Chuck Bronson

Rest well...  Gotta go to bed bow...  I don't wanna!

Gotta take a rinse also, since I think I smell like ass!  I don't wanna!  But I have to do what I gotta do!

JOE

Congratulations Berry.

I hope you enjoy your place.

I can't afford to move anymore.

Last time I did rents were cheap about half of what they are now.

I'm not eligible for subsidized housing or rent subsidies of any kind.

Luckily I have no health issues at all. No addictions whatsoever.

In this country you cant afford to wear out or grow old.

I think the next time I move, it'll be out of Vancouver & possibly out of the country.

I figger its better to move before I get trapped in this place.

I Can see where this place is headed.

Vancouvers best days have passed it by unfortunately.

There aren't very many affordable but at the same time livable places in Vancouver left.

Just skid row & the downtown east side

But nobody wants ta live there, not even the bums begging for alms on the sidewalk.

Anonymous

Quote from: "JOE"Congratulations Berry.

I hope you enjoy your place.

I can't afford to move anymore.

Last time I did rents were cheap about half of what they are now.

I'm not eligible for subsidized housing or rent subsidies of any kind.

Luckily I have no health issues at all. No addictions whatsoever.

In this country you cant afford to wear out or grow old.

I think the next time I move, it'll be out of Vancouver & possibly out of the country.

I figger its better to move before I get trapped in this place.

I Can see where this place is headed.

Vancouvers best days have passed it by unfortunately.

There aren't very many affordable but at the same time livable places in Vancouver left.

Just skid row & the downtown east side

But nobody wants ta live there, not even the bums begging for alms on the sidewalk.

They don't subsidize seniors residences in BC?

Just kidding JOE.

:laugh:

JOE

...oh I don't mind Fashionista.

No I'm not eligible fer that either.

Stuck/caught in a rock & a hard place.

But from Seniors I've met, subsidized housing is hard to obtain in Vancouver. They often wait several years to get it unless they have connections. And for the more normal healthy ones, the guv is reluctant to give it to em unless they gotta health issue. I guess the reasoning goes, if theyre gonna die soon, may as well give it to them so that the next occupant can getvit doon afterwards, eh?

And those who get it are either faced with the prospect of sharing the premises with drug addicts, drug dealers or the mentally ill.

One guy told me that he got it, pays $300 per month, and he keeps a low profile in the place since one pf the occupants gashed up his door lock and left a nasty note at his door. He didnt have any drug or mentsl issues himself but maybe some physicsl ones like arthritis & a bad back. Essentially he was saying that a person living in them potentially can face retribution from others if they stand out too much.

Isnt that consistent with a Chinese saying about how if a nail sticks up too much, it gets nailed down woth a hammer? I guess thats why Chinese are often so conformist. But thats what those housing complexes are like too.

A person pays a price for those low subsidized rents. Non subsidized you pay a lot more butvwhat ya get back us yer sanity & freedom.

Anonymous

Quote from: "JOE"...oh I don't mind Fashionista.

But from Seniors I've met, subsidized housing is hard to obtain in Vancouver.

And those who get it are either faced with the prospect of sharing the premises with drug addicts, drug dealers or the mentally ill.

One guy told me that he got it, pays $300 per month, and he keeps a low profile in the place since one pf the occupants gashed up his door lock and left a nasty note at his door. He didnt have any drug or mentsl issues himself but maybe some physicsl ones like arthritis & a bad back. Essentially he was saying that a person living in them potentially can face retribution from others if they stand out too much.

Isnt that consistent with a Chinese saying about how if a nail sticks up too much, it gets nailed down woth a hammer? I guess thats why Chinese are often so conformist. But thats what those housing complexes are like too.

A person pays a price for those low subsidized rents. Non subsidized you pay a lot more butvwhat ya get back us yer sanity & freedom.

If he's trying to keep a low profile, perhaps it's not wise that he tells you how little he pays.

JOE

Quote from: "Fashionista"

If he's trying to keep a low profile, perhaps it's not wise that he tells you how little he pays.

Well one reason this guy might have been the target of being attacked is he's sane and healthy enough to hold down a pt job and maybe one of the residents didnt like it, got jealous & decided to slash his door for having more than them and being one of the more successful occupants in the complex.

Those kinda places have a life of  their own with petty jealousies and rivalries abound.

Btw he's Canadian Chinese too

Anonymous

Quote from: "JOE"

Well one reason this guy might have been the target of being attacked is he's sane and healthy enough to hold down a pt job and maybe one of the residents didnt like it, got jealous & decided to slash his door for having more than them and being one of the more successful occupants in the complex.

Those kinda places have a life of  their own with petty jealousies and rivalries abound.

And he decided to tell a total stranger this.....that's unusual.

JOE

I suspect social housing must be a lot more common in Vancouver than Calgary fashionista. Hence you meet a lot more people here in that situation and who are willing to tell you.

Its probably due to the fact that its twice as high in Vancouver and that there is a lack of affordable housing here. Its not uncommon to pay $2000 a mo for a 1BR in Vancouver.

Anonymous

Joe is the type of guy people just want to pour their hearts out to.

realgrimm

@berry re:glass in hand

tempered glass would have been key..I use the double boiler method to make my oil , even with tempered it cant touch the pot anything thermal to lift it from the base...I've even used coiled coat hanger in a pinch

Anonymous

I imagine Berry is still settling into her new place. Probably boxes yet to be unpacked.

Berry Sweet

Yes I am Shen.  I have no idea when this is going to get done.  I'm so tired and sore from the move...to top it off I have more hours at work the next few weeks and I'm bloody tired when I get home.  This weekend I'm going out...visiting and someone is giving me some information on a new job.  It's like everything positive has happened to me being bang boom....its overwhelming.

Thiel

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"Got the walk thru and keys to my new place this morning!  Some family and friends moved stuff in while I was at work and I just spent the last 3 hours moving more stuff.  I'm beat!

I will be moving more over the weekend and getting 'er done!  I'm so excited! I cant wait to get all my stuff in there and finally have my regular washer and dryer hooked up!!  Life is good!

Congratulations on your new crib Berry Sweet.
gay, conservative and proud

Berry Sweet

Quote from: "Thiel"
Quote from: "Berry Sweet"Got the walk thru and keys to my new place this morning!  Some family and friends moved stuff in while I was at work and I just spent the last 3 hours moving more stuff.  I'm beat!

I will be moving more over the weekend and getting 'er done!  I'm so excited! I cant wait to get all my stuff in there and finally have my regular washer and dryer hooked up!!  Life is good!

Congratulations on your new crib Berry Sweet.

Thx!

By body is starting to feel better.